RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

~~~ Custom "Vehicles" class ~~~

alambik

Sorceror
Please download again package for update (vehicle base class script has been updated)

UPDATES
- Added the "InvisibleMobile" overridable property that make the rider invisible
- Added the EagleGear flying vehicle example
- Fixed: bug of the collision when size is too large
- Fixed: if the rider is killed, the vehicle is stopping/landing and the dead player is then exited from the vehicle.

godfood

Sorceror
Very Cool :). I added the EaglGear to my test shard so I could move around my building's and such by flying over them diagonally rather than running around them. I was [wipe'ing one of my buildings and I guess the EagleGear I was flying in was too close Because it [wipe'd the EagleGear as well. Leaving me floating in space unable to move. I then proceeded to add another EagleGear to try to "Jump" to. That didn't work. Then I tried messing with the button's for the EagleGear I had [wipe'd and the server crashed. Just lettin you know :).

orionmse

Wanderer
hey, i just DLed this, looks pretty cool so far, but i can't get the mul thing to work, i can't find the mul files for the tiles and art, could you please stupid everything down for a noob like me :)

Thanks In Advance,
Orion

infdude

Wanderer
fixed mul stuff

how the hell do i start it it sits here and does nothing yes i am inside it and i hbit the buttons and nothin happens

Erica

Knight
Looks great but also looks fake no one in my shard likes it so i deleted but everyone got there own choices it just don't match Ultima online games but great work tho.

Greystar

Wanderer
Erica said:
Looks great but also looks fake no one in my shard likes it so i deleted but everyone got there own choices it just don't match Ultima online games but great work tho.

not supposed to match ultima online it was written for a post holocost (ie MadMax series of movies) type of shard, but its a nice concept.

godfood

Sorceror
Erica said:

This script is not about the included vehicle's. They are just there so you can see how it work's. The point of this is that you can MAKE YOUR OWN. all you need is a little graphical talent :).

Bug (i guess)

If the vehicle is deleted/removed somehow, all of its gumps remain open. Click the little "go" on the gump and BAM! Crash... Just saying :p

alambik

Sorceror
Right. Noted for next patch.
The player should not have access to a "Delete" command, so no problem known by staff only.

amon2

Sorceror
help

Can some one like post a link for some where to get the patch for it ..i cant figure out the mul patcher thing :(....never mind lmao i read the instructions ....omg those are sweet , but all the Eagle does is go up an down and turn wont go forward or backwards...but anyways is there a way to make them like npc's? and shoot fire balls at people? then we could kill them or have a war theme

A cool idea would be a type of "shrink" for the vehicle, i've seen a couple of shards making the vehicle as a prize for a quest, though it doesn't work out that well since anyone can take it. If they made the vehicle movable=true, then it'd have more possibilities for a crash.

Oh, and with a custom map this thing crashes when it hits a weird black spot (its like a hole...). I think there are a couple on the OSI map, but more when you custom your own :p

Looks like this:

Just thought i'd point that out... Maybe a easy fix?

Other than those two pretty minor (errors? I wouldn't really say errors...). Vulnerabilities... it's a godlike script! Now I just gotta make me my chocobos!!! lol (well, i'm still thinking of it :p)