RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

~~~ Custom "Vehicles" class ~~~

alambik

Sorceror
Thank's for the english bitmap files names translations! I forgot them... I'll update the package for the next fix.

LordHogFred said:
Yeah if someone has the actual item ids for each image that would be useful :).
About ID: see the readme.txt file in the package or have a look to the online tutorial mentioned in the first message.

dstarz20 said:
One thing I did notice, is I can run over Lava, like in Green Acres. FYI.

About Lava:

The "MountainAllowed" property was intended to included also lava. If you switched this property to "false" and you can move over lava, there is probably some missing lantiles or items ID. So: is it a lantile or an item ID, and, then what is the corresponding ID ? (a way to see this: set the Size of the Vehicle to "0" and set the DebugMessages property to "true", then move over the place where it shouldn't go... the landtile or item id will be shown).

The actual landtiles checked for MountainAllowed are:
( corresponding method: verifyLandTileID(int id) )
from 543 to 560
from 1754 to 1757
from 1771 to 1790
from 1821 to 1824
from 1851 to 1854
from 1881 to 1884
from 2001 to 2004

The actual static/dynamic items checked for MountainAllowed are:
(corresponding method: verifyItemID(int id) )
from 4846 to 4941
from 6681 to 6782
from 11070 to 11109
from 12950 to12953
from 13121 to 13137
from 13371 to 13420
from 13639 to 13644

Zaknafrien

Wanderer
Awsome and thanks for it im toxxing this and more into my warhammer shard right now or atleast i will soon :)
once again thanks :p

Chinook

Wanderer
Awesome script, two things I noticed...

1: When flying is on, you can't go forward or backwards.

2: Even with water set to false, the vehicle still travels on water.

Other then that the script is awesome.

Vorspire

Knight
Now this kind of work demands very high respect.. ive been waiting for this ever since i saw the first instance of it about 4 months ago or something.. jees u get a gold star and a cookie m8, keep up the damn good work!

<Vorspire's Seal Of Approval>

alambik

Sorceror
Chinook said:
Awesome script, two things I noticed...
1: When flying is on, you can't go forward or backwards.
2: Even with water set to false, the vehicle still travels on water.
Other then that the script is awesome.

1: When CanFly is set to true, you must hit the TakeOff button, then wait for the vehicle to go at the FlyAltitude value (100 by default), then you can use the Accelerate/Stop/Bacward buttons. Of course, you cannot go forward while landed.

2: Probably the tiles you go over are not referenced as "Water" tile in the code: their ID has been forgotten. I invite you to report them as mentioned to dstarz20 at http://www.runuo.com/forums/showpost.php?p=449395&postcount=21 (set the Size of the Vehicle to "0" and set the DebugMessages property to "true", then move over the place where it shouldn't go... the landtile or item id will be shown)

Last point: I forgot to tell about something: the "Forward" button is in fact an "Accelerate" button: the more you click on, the faster you'll go, untill you reach the MaxSpeed. When clicking "Stop", speed will decrease progressively until it reaches 0.

Thank's for those reports.

Syther

Wanderer
and besides why just tell us how to do the patch with that whole list of shit and just do it for us easyer on us!

WarAngel

Wanderer
Syther said:
and besides why just tell us how to do the patch with that whole list of shit and just do it for us easyer on us!

Because you can patch more than just that vehicle, which is the point.

Vorspire

Knight
Syther said:

1. Don't swear.
2. Don't request.
3. He doesn't have to do ANY work for us.

mkiplm

Sorceror
dracana said:
Very cool. Will have to check this out.

Now you just need to make it so when you run over somebody, it has a chance to kill them and throw their body pieces all over the car!!! :p Anybody up for designing a Car Wash?

i will make a car wash building but u have to do triggers like washing i can build good

Joeku

Lord
This is a neat script. I have a question: can you use Sea Charts to plot your course on the vehicle? If not, that would be a neat addition.

***EDIT***
Another neat addition would be if you could make the wheels move when the vehicle moves.

Also, are there any other vehicles besides the one in the picture/movie?