RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Custom World for free!

Gosmann

Sorceror
[RunUO 2.0] Custom World for free!

Hello community,

like stygian stalker I believe the world ends in 2012:D (just kiddin'),
so it makes no sense to keep my custom world, i decided to give something back to this great community!

Story/Information:

Name of the world:
Gaia

Age of the orc wars:

Human Kingdom fight orcs because of ressources and territory.
Even in the age of the plaque, humans and orcs hate and fight eachother, whereever they meet.

Age of the plague (time of playing):

Reason for outbreak unknown. The plague is an infection that lets every life on gaia die, then reanimate them as living dead. The plague was not taken too serious thats why it spreaded so fast and nobody was able to react.
Utgard island was not afflicted by the plague yet, because it is far away from the mainland.
Not long ago, ships without permission were attacked by utgards naval power (afraid of the plague, infested ships). Now the ports are open, survivers are welcome (new players start at Utgard harbour).

Name of the island:
Utgard

Name of the city on the island:
Utgard (the last bastion of the humans)

Gods:
Ion - God of Light
Mephisto - God of Darkness

Installation:
1.Download files at MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
OR
http://www5.zippyshare.com/v/19921548/file.html
2.Extract archive, you should have now "server Uo.rar" and "uo patch.rar"
3.Client tested (6.0.10), extract files from "uo patch.rar to your ultima online directory and overwrite

!!!ATTENTION!!!
if you dont want to use new gumps and german language files(german gumps!) dont copy gumpsart.mul, gumps.idx, cliloc.enu, prof.txt, skills.idx and skills.mul to your uo directory!!!

4.Extract "server uo.rar" where ever you wish
5.In your fresh extracted "Server UO" folder, go to scripts/misc/datapath.cs and change it to fit your uo destination
6.Ready to go (admin account: Gott, 12345678 (name, pass))

Features:

- complete decorated and working world for 5 - 10 players (very detailed map, fully spawned)
- new graphics
- many scripts already installed
- complete in german if you wish

Screenshots:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

WARNING

Many scripts are translated to german but it is no problem to translate them back. Shouldn't be to much work:)

World still feels "empty" at some places ( I'm working on it, I will release updates!)

Credits:
It is impossible to give credit to everyone but let me try, first off thank you runuo community for the great scripts
thanks to Maxus for his uoa buildings, Argent for his big castle, Glantri for his tower, orbsydia for other buildings and stuff
and many more I forgot...

P.S. sorry for my bad english

Deimos

Page
Gosmann;860089 said:
like stygian stalker i believe the world ends in 2012:)

For real? lol

Hammerhand

Knight
But the world already ended 6 weeks ago. The GPO (Galactic Preservation Organization) transported everyone to an exact duplicate of Earth. Didnt you get the memo? :D

Vladamir

Sorceror
Hammerhand;860252 said:
But the world already ended 6 weeks ago. The GPO (Galactic Preservation Organization) transported everyone to an exact duplicate of Earth. Didnt you get the memo? :D

That explains a lot.

espcevan

Sorceror
What!? I didnt get no memo! I must be out of the loop....... Thanks for releasing this, Ill give it a go and take a look at it later after work.

yeah I went with endtimes 2012 because I figuired if it is going to end anyways why should I be running around all insane like when I could just play a game instead.

and the whole end world thing covered by soo many religions worldwide, American indians, Hindii, Judeo Christian Muslim or the Abrahamic religions, Tao Buddhavista religions and offshoots. I figuired it is a theme shared by the majority of humanity in one twist or turn.

Then the whole Mayan calender thing 12 12 12 and whirled peas being what it is. End Times 2012 seemed a good idea. Until I saw how it looked in the game gump. So I shrunk it down to End Times.

No not sure if the world is going to end 12 12 12. It could happen. And it might pass with alot of regrets and extreme hangovers worldwide. So maybe the world really ends on 12 13 12 when everybody wakes up and realizes, nope still here, then it all goes BOOM, and the universe chuckles.

Hammerhand

Knight
Stygian Stalker;860726 said:
So maybe the world really ends on 12 13 12 when everybody wakes up and realizes, nope still here, then it all goes BOOM, and the universe chuckles.

Sounds like someone either read the Restaurant at the End of the Universe series, or watched the movie.

StaticZ

Sorceror
Very small map and it isn't finished at all. City is nice, but 90% of buildings was teken and placed from sites.. All the originality is in custom small map, which also isn't very detail and nice.

yes the buildings in particular are very creatively made, who do I give credit to if I would like to rip some of them individually for use on my own shard?

Gosmann

Sorceror
like i said i cant give direct credit, cause there are too many people!
But I'm very thankful to all of them.

it sounds like you dont see my effort in building this map
yes most things are ripped off but try to bring them in order, creating a small world,
it is a shame you critize me one the one side and dont give positive feedback or a thank on the other side!
I worked for months on this map!
and i know it feels empty and small, it was made for 5 - 10 players and its focus was on interaction within players, not enviroment!

It is also not finished! I will update it, if I find one person who show some respect!

StaticZ;860772 said:
Very small map and it isn't finished at all. City is nice, but 90% of buildings was teken and placed from sites.. All the originality is in custom small map, which also isn't very detail and nice.

fuck off, I don't see you offering anything

Sythen

Sorceror

Don't pay any attention to people who criticise your map; there is always 1 or 2 in every crowd who sees fault in everyone else's work despite their lack of contributions to the community. I haven't tried your map, but I'm sure there is quite a lot of your own creativity in it because you put your own spin on things.

Thanks for this contribution.

@StaticZ: your attitude is a great way to make people feel welcomed and wanting to share things with the rest of the community *can you smell the sarcasm?* Grow up. :p

milva

Sorceror
I have to agree, any one who is willing to share their work should not be criticized! If you don't like it "don't use it" or post to it :<

Gosmann

Sorceror
@sythen

hey sythen, long time no see:)
thank you, it is good to hear that some people are grown ups

@milva

thank you, anyway critics should be but not without to mention any positive aspect and it does not matter what script or whatever someone shares, it is always positive that someone shares his work, either big or small.

Blackheart87

Sorceror
I have some problem to Download this file from megaupload.. "Temporary Unvaible" from the day that this topic started.

Can someone please upload this on Rapidshare or similar?

OK I've found credits for most of the buildings, but who made the winery and the stables on the eastern side of the city? I just want to make sure I credit them before using them

Gosmann

Sorceror
@Blackheart87

uploaded it to zippyshare

@Antibasic

can you give me the credits, i will edit my post

added some screenshots

Most of the red roofed house type buildings are UOA buildings by Maxus

The winery, stables, blacksmith/tinker and the two tents I do not know where they are from.

I'd like to know who made them, the winery especially as I intend on using it for my own map.