RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Custom World for free!

Right. An English site. With the predominant language being English. Predominant does not mean only. There is nothing in the rules saying that anything released HAS to be in English. He is giving his work away for free. You aren't obligated to get anything in your language. Get over yourself. You are free not to use this.

Sythen

Sorceror
Lol, well... @Crowley62:
why come off self-righeous and feel so entitled?! While I agree that having to translate (for example - using a script update I submitted) the npc pirate ship script from German to English was a bit tedious and took a while, I did my best and learned a lot from it; the language barrier only affected some of the code.

this argument is neither here nor there, I mean this is a sharing site, life goes on. There are a ton of great people on runuo and a few selfish people as well; you all have to decide what category you want to fit in. Instead of complaining about the language barriers, perhaps you ought to be nice to people and maybe someone will help you translate.

Lol, well... @shrundowr:
i totally agree with you, I mean this could be taken both ways... that is to say the RunUO console isn't written in German or Spanish, or Russian... yet... its on here, downloadable by everyone, and free. It suffices to say we get what the authors of the scripts wish to release and we have a choice of either being happy with what we recieve or act superior, complain, and then risk having to build our servers on our own cause no one will want to help us.

FYI:
this is an international site; used by ultima online fans from many countries, not just english speaking ones; we shouldn't expect everything to be in english, however it would be nice :)

Valzuke

Sorceror
I did read the first post, and I followed the directions.. but it didn't make a difference... but I am not talking about custom stuff.. i'm talking about NPC's that are in Britain and all the other cities as well as the wild life.. I am not sure how to change it so their names are english.
I just replaced the mobiles folder with a copy of my other servers mobile folder. Also check the custom\orks folder, he moved all the orc scripts there.

well I would think that if you changed the cliclocs and files that convert from english to another language and back again that you would need to wipe the offending creatures and respawn them.

has this been tried?
I tried it and you are correct.
I keep getting and exception...failed to load bascinet. says tiledata not found. any ideas?
You did not correctly configure your datapath. Mine looks like this:

private static string CustomPath = @"c:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Ultima Online\";

Hope this helps someone.

wicked2006

Sorceror
ive tried so many times to get on the server but no luck just keeps saying sumthing about incorrect password gump when i log in then kicks me off

wlrdwawoolard

Sorceror
go to Saves folder then Accounts folders and delete the account xlm documents and restart the shard and once u done that u can make an owner account

Kennyd

Sorceror
this is an international site; used by ultima online fans from many countries, not just english speaking ones; we shouldn't expect everything to be in english, however it would be nice :)

Well... English is sort of the international language though... especially on the internet.
If you're gonna share stuff with the world, it would make sense to do it in English...

I'm not English myself, so you can't use any "you just want people to speak your language" arguments on me :p

Kennyd

Sorceror
Well... English is sort of the international language though... especially on the internet.
If you're gonna share stuff with the world, it would make sense to do it in English...

I'm not English myself, so you can't use any "you just want people to speak your language" arguments on me :p

Though, of course, in this case, the language doesn't matter much because it's only about the map and buildings right?

Gosmann

Sorceror
wtf?! cmon guys, i made the world for a german audience, but now i'm so kind to share it with the world, sry for being such an asshole not to translate some sentences and do all the work for you!

To heck with those guys Gosmann, thanks for sharing. if they want to cry and whine then they dont have to download it.
Thanks for releasing this.

Gosmann

Sorceror
thx for this kind words, right now i try to make a new world, i will also release this one when its done, but right now i need to fix the problems with dragon and so on, i'll keep you informed

m309

Squire
I agree with Dan Buro, I appreciate all contributions to the community at large regardless of the language used. Thanks for sharing your world.

Valzuke

Sorceror
You did an amazing job on the map Gosmann. It's very simple to change the language. I had it up and going in a couple hours. Some people are just lazy and ungrateful. I spent hours just exploring the world and was very impressed. I'm looking forward to your next one.