RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Custom World for free!

ravdragon

Wanderer
This is really cool. Been looking for something like this for a private shard for some friends.

My first question is how can I spawn it with English names for mobs and such? I see that Premium Spawner is installed, but it only lists the old facets and not the custom world.

Also, I don't understand why I have to hard code my UO path. Will everyone who connects have to have the files in the same path?

Thanks and sorry for the noob questions. :)

HellRazor

Knight
Hey thanks for sharing your work Gosmann. Also for adding the screenshots, your map looks pretty cool! I wish more people shared their custom stuff, kudos to you.

Gosmann

Sorceror
@ravdragon

no your friends dont need to have the same UO path!
only the host of the server have to change it.

Premiumspawner ist installed, but not configured for the custom shard, you have to do it it yourself but it is not really necessary!

If you want english names you have to open scripts folder, search for the creatures I used and translate them back!
e.g. Mobiles/Animals/Bears/BrownBear.cs
open it
search for
Name = "ein Braunbaer";
change it to
Name = "a brownbear";

@Hellrazor
Thank you, Im workin on an update that changes the city a little bit, makes it more realistic

MonGooS

Squire
Whoa, this is very well done, and a big step posting it public.

Can't wait for the translation to be done. Thanks to those who are helping :)

Felladrin

Sorceror
Nice map! Thanks for sharing!

King Cody;867088 said:
Where is this "island" at i cant find it although i have put it into my shard Can i get some Coordinates?!

Map Ilshenar: 752, 557, 0

It takes you to the city entrance.

Ele7Ven

Sorceror
I've seen this map somewhere before.. Perhaps a shard on ConnectUO... Thanks for the release tho, Im going to tr this out o=

rmacham

Sorceror
I love this map!

However I would love it more, if:

I could use it instead of my felucca map, as I don't like trammel and felucca being the same :/

So anyways on how to do this?

Thanks

rename it map0, statics0, staidx0,

then in mapdefinitions change the size for feluca to the same as ilshenar

where it says

RegisterMap(0, 0, 0, 7168, 4096, 4, "Felucca", MapRules.FeluccaRules);

change to

RegisterMap(0, 0, 0, 2304, 1600, 4 "Felucca", MapRules.FeluccaRules);

then change the wrap point in baseboat.cs I believe.

Alternately, if that does not work (the client might decide to take a shit when it sees a size its not expecting for that map HOWEVER I've been doing it with a Malas size map with no issues)

you could make a blank map of the right size using a map editor like Dragon or UOL (7168x4096 of pure water or black), then use UO Fiddler to bounding box copy your map into the blank one

I downloaded your world and I appreciate the effort you put into it.. I wish I could see anything from your screenshots tho.. I see all those little grass clumps all over Ilshenar. and am removing them all (which is an insane amount of work) but there are no structures anywhere that I can see.. I did see the Bridge thing.. kinda sorta.. it was in the air so I removed it.
Can you PLZ tell me how to make this shard in English.. I have tried Everything possible.
Thank you :)

I downloaded your world and I appreciate the effort you put into it.. I wish I could see anything from your screenshots tho.. I see all those little grass clumps all over Ilshenar. and am removing them all (which is an insane amount of work) but there are no structures anywhere that I can see.. I did see the Bridge thing.. kinda sorta.. it was in the air so I removed it.
Can you PLZ tell me how to make this shard in English.. I have tried Everything possible.
Thank you :)
Wow. This shard was for a german audience. All the scripts are written in german. Unlike the built in cliloc responses, there is no magic switch for the custom stuff that can make it english for you. You expect german people, when releasing their own shard, not originally intended to be a public release, to rewrite everything they did in english?

Also, read the first post:

!!!ATTENTION!!!
if you dont want to use new gumps and german language files(german gumps!) dont copy gumpsart.mul, gumps.idx, cliloc.enu, prof.txt, skills.idx and skills.mul to your uo directory!!!

but for any custom npc dialogue etc, that will have to be translated by hand

I did read the first post, and I followed the directions.. but it didn't make a difference... but I am not talking about custom stuff.. i'm talking about NPC's that are in Britain and all the other cities as well as the wild life.. I am not sure how to change it so their names are english.

but if it can't be changed then i'll have to figure something else out... but I really do like this shard and have put in Alot of working removing grass and putting in my own stuff.. would be a real shame not to use it.

well I would think that if you changed the cliclocs and files that convert from english to another language and back again that you would need to wipe the offending creatures and respawn them.

has this been tried?