RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daat99's Custom OWLTR (Ore\Wood\Leather\Tokens\Recipes)

daat99

Staff member
hewolf said:
Im having problem with mining, for some reason, no matter what vein I mine....I only get iron, but I get the Tokens for hte higher color. I tried a clean install of runUO, and had no problem mining the colors, but as soon as I install OWLTR all I started getting was iron.

NOt sure if this is a known bug, or somethign new...but thought I should let you know.

hewolf
It isn't a bug, it's how you told the OWLTR to act.
Check the settings in the control center and read the information in my website.

hewolf

Sorceror
daat99 said:
It isn't a bug, it's how you told the OWLTR to act.
Check the settings in the control center and read the information in my website.

Any suggestions on wherre that setting might be?

Ok im not sure if this is a known bug or not( there is 80+ pages in this thread who has time to read that many to check ^^ ) but I think there is a problem with your ser/deser in the token exchange portion.

Every time I restart my server I have to go back and change the token exchange rate from 500( your default ) to 2( my prefered exchange rate ).

Anyways, if this has been mentioned I am sorry, just thought it was something worth mentioning.

[Edit]I just noticed it doesnt always do this, its kinda random actually. Seems when im watching it it opporates fine, when im not it resets itself :/[/Edit]

whitewyrm10

Wanderer
i cant figure this out is sound great

i cant figure this out Daat you are a good script i played alot of shards with this and it rocks but me and my friend tried to install it on mine but it wont work help please?

Anvil

Wanderer
o0_Sithid_0o said:
Ok im not sure if this is a known bug or not( there is 80+ pages in this thread who has time to read that many to check ^^ ) but I think there is a problem with your ser/deser in the token exchange portion.

Every time I restart my server I have to go back and change the token exchange rate from 500( your default ) to 2( my prefered exchange rate ).

Anyways, if this has been mentioned I am sorry, just thought it was something worth mentioning.

[Edit]I just noticed it doesnt always do this, its kinda random actually. Seems when im watching it it opporates fine, when im not it resets itself :/[/Edit]

I'm seeing the same thing actually.... I may end up just chaning the script defualt to what I want it.

daat99

Staff member
hewolf said:
Any suggestions on wherre that setting might be?
No.

whitewyrm10 said:
i cant figure this out Daat you are a good script i played alot of shards with this and it rocks but me and my friend tried to install it on mine but it wont work help please?
My system have 1 requirement before you're able to use it and that is to be able to install it on your own by following the instructions.
If you can't install it on your own than it's too complex for your shard and you'll be better off not using it.

o0_Sithid_0o said:

Anvil said:
I'm seeing the same thing actually.... I may end up just chaning the script defualt to what I want it.
I wasn't aware of this bug, ThanX for reporting it o0_Sithid_0o and ThanX for confirming it Anvil.
I tried to duplicate it and changed the tokens exchange rate both via props and via the control stone, in both cases it saved the new value and retained it after restart.
Are you guys sure you don't have a rogue gm that change it again every now and than?
Can you provide a bit more information on when it doesn't retained the values and reverted to the default values?
I see nothing in the code that will do what you reported and it isn't realy that big of a code, it's total of 5 lines in LadyLuck.cs so I doubt that I missed it :(

For some reason I cant duplicate it at will, its randomish. As for a rogue gm ... they know im the only person allowed to mess with any part of your package and they also kmow I get very angry when people mess where I tell them not to.

Can you provide a bit more information on when it doesn't retained the values and reverted to the default values?
I see nothing in the code that will do what you reported and it isn't realy that big of a code, it's total of 5 lines in LadyLuck.cs so I doubt that I missed it.

At first it was occuring every single time I would restart after I installed the package, now its more of a random thing. Just to be sure about the GMs im going to do my testing while im directly beside the control center.

daat99

Staff member
o0_Sithid_0o said:
For some reason I cant duplicate it at will, its randomish. As for a rogue gm ... they know im the only person allowed to mess with any part of your package and they also kmow I get very angry when people mess where I tell them not to.

At first it was occuring every single time I would restart after I installed the package, now its more of a random thing. Just to be sure about the GMs im going to do my testing while im directly beside the control center.
Keep in mind that the control center is accessible via both the stones (that can be [add-ed in) and with the [owltr command.
Also keep in mind that the token exchange rate can also be modified using [props on any lady luck npc in the world and it'll effect all of them.

My server is still young and noone is on atm except for me( been up all night rewriting my Mobile Gen ^^ ). Anyways, im watch just to make sure :).

[Edit]Ok I cant reproduce it but I got peoples on the server now so Ill test again later on.[/Edit]

daat99

Staff member
whitewyrm10 said:
then if i cant use your system cause i want the tokens all i want
That proves that you never even bothered to read the F.A.Q. on my website.
What make you think that I want to help people that doesn't even bother to use what I made in order to help them in the first place?

Anvil

Wanderer
daat99 said:
Keep in mind that the control center is accessible via both the stones (that can be [add-ed in) and with the [owltr command.
Also keep in mind that the token exchange rate can also be modified using [props on any lady luck npc in the world and it'll effect all of them.

Rogue GM? No, I am the only staff on my shard currently. Noone else has staff access.

daat99

Staff member
Anvil said:
Rogue GM? No, I am the only staff on my shard currently. Noone else has staff access.
Well I have no way of fixing a bug I can't duplicate or see in the code.
Please provide a bit more detailes that will allow me to atleast know where it's located or how it's duplicated.

There are only 5 lines total in the files that change the exchange rates and I looked over all of them, I can't locate anything that'll even remotely suggest it.

Rosey1

Wanderer
I've noticed the same thing too. I don't use the token part but I did change it once and it reset after restarting with a save. I also can't keep the lottery disabled. It always reenables.

I have a question about the 2 stones: is there a reason there is one in fel? is it needed there?

Ok now im not sure if this is how it always works with ser/deser or not but ill tell you what I do know.

It always seems to ser with my pref( 2 ) but deser with your default setting( 500 ). I know this because I added some debug code in the ser/deser portion. Anyways, it seems to set the value we have picked after world load, now idk why but it seems like it forgets( i use this word for lack of a better word ) to reset the value for your hardcoded default to my chosen value.

Just tell me if im not making much sense, im horrible with getting what I have to say out to others :/.

daat99

Staff member
Rosey1 said:
I've noticed the same thing too. I don't use the token part but I did change it once and it reset after restarting with a save. I also can't keep the lottery disabled. It always reenables.

I have a question about the 2 stones: is there a reason there is one in fel? is it needed there?
You can delete both of those if you wish, just do not touch the stone in tokuno.

o0_Sithid_0o said:
Ok now im not sure if this is how it always works with ser/deser or not but ill tell you what I do know.

It always seems to ser with my pref( 2 ) but deser with your default setting( 500 ). I know this because I added some debug code in the ser/deser portion. Anyways, it seems to set the value we have picked after world load, now idk why but it seems like it forgets( i use this word for lack of a better word ) to reset the value for your hardcoded default to my chosen value.

Just tell me if im not making much sense, im horrible with getting what I have to say out to others :/.
Well here's the thing:
The following code declare the variable and set default value to it as 500.
Code:
private static int iTokenCostInGold = 500;
[CommandProperty(AccessLevel.Administrator)]
public static int TokenCostInGold { get { return iTokenCostInGold; } set { iTokenCostInGold = value; } }

This is from the serialize method and it save the value stored in the iTokenCostInGold (aka the exchange rate):
Code:
writer.Write( (int) iTokenCostInGold );

This is from the deserialize method and it load the value into the iTokenCostInGold (aka the exchange rate):
Code:
iTokenCostInGold = reader.ReadInt();

As you can see it's total of 5 lines and not realy complex lines at it.
It loads the exhcange rate every restart and set it while overriding the default values.

P.S.
If you don't have lady luck spawned in the world than it'll reset back to 500 at the next deser because the lady luck mobile itself save\load this values.

Anvil

Wanderer
Should Lady Luck be spawned or "added" to the shard? Just curious. Mine is spawned. Wonder if that's having an affect on it.

daat99 said:
You can delete both of those if you wish, just do not touch the stone in tokuno.

Well here's the thing:
The following code declare the variable and set default value to it as 500.
Code:
private static int iTokenCostInGold = 500;
[CommandProperty(AccessLevel.Administrator)]
public static int TokenCostInGold { get { return iTokenCostInGold; } set { iTokenCostInGold = value; } }

This is from the serialize method and it save the value stored in the iTokenCostInGold (aka the exchange rate):
Code:
writer.Write( (int) iTokenCostInGold );

This is from the deserialize method and it load the value into the iTokenCostInGold (aka the exchange rate):
Code:
iTokenCostInGold = reader.ReadInt();

As you can see it's total of 5 lines and not realy complex lines at it.
It loads the exhcange rate every restart and set it while overriding the default values.

P.S.
If you don't have lady luck spawned in the world than it'll reset back to 500 at the next deser because the lady luck mobile itself save\load this values.

I spawned her the instant I logged in after restarted to add your system, she has not moved sense.

Just gonna take this time to say something I have yet to say.

Kickass Daat, Kickass. I am craft crazy and this makes my uo days much more enjoyable :). Its funny, we both kinda joined( atleast registered, i kinda lerked around here for a long time before making a login ) around the same time and I am still stumbling to keep up in your tracks lol. Much respect for you I have.

daat99

Staff member
Anvil said:
Should Lady Luck be spawned or "added" to the shard? Just curious. Mine is spawned. Wonder if that's having an affect on it.
o0_Sithid_0o said:
I spawned her the instant I logged in after restarted to add your system, she has not moved sense.
Lady luck is supposed to be added somewhere in the world where she'll stand (or sit if you give her a chair) and wait for players.
If you're using some kind of "smart" (aka not smart in my opinion) spawning system that spawn mobiles based on player movements than she'll de-spawn and therefore the values won't be saved.
Once the shard will restart she'll respawn with the default values.
That's how the system works and just 1 more logical flaw in the "smart" spawning system.

o0_Sithid_0o said:
Just gonna take this time to say something I have yet to say.

Kickass Daat, Kickass. I am craft crazy and this makes my uo days much more enjoyable :). Its funny, we both kinda joined( atleast registered, i kinda lerked around here for a long time before making a login ) around the same time and I am still stumbling to keep up in your tracks lol. Much respect for you I have.
I'm glad you liked it :)