RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daat99's Custom OWLTR (Ore\Wood\Leather\Tokens\Recipes)

Donky-Bull said:
Sorry if this has already been said, but what if I have a custom basecreature.cs?

Oh and, I have seen this craft system on many shards, and I love it, so thank you for posting it!

You either have to add daats mods to your basecreature.cs or you will have to add your mods to his basecreature.cs .... FS Taming and this system were fun to merge :/

@Daat: I have literally made over 2100 items( my pack is totally full ) and thats after i stopped wiping the items after every 100 or so to clean up my pack, using verious resources and tools/runics. I have not been able to reproduce this at will, im going to ask my player to explain in COMPLETE detail EXACTLY what he was doing( what he was crafting, what resource, runic tool ? what type ).

Joeku

Lord
Donky-Bull said:
Sorry if this has already been said, but what if I have a custom basecreature.cs?

Oh and, I have seen this craft system on many shards, and I love it, so thank you for posting it!
You can merge your file and daat99's file using WinMerge.

daat99

Staff member
Donky-Bull said:

My policy still aplies.
If you can't install it on your own by following the instructions than I don't want you to use my system.

o0_Sithid_0o said:
@Daat: I have literally made over 2100 items( my pack is totally full ) and thats after i stopped wiping the items after every 100 or so to clean up my pack, using verious resources and tools/runics. I have not been able to reproduce this at will, im going to ask my player to explain in COMPLETE detail EXACTLY what he was doing( what he was crafting, what resource, runic tool ? what type ).
And people say fixing bugs is easy :(
The problem is it may very well be something that happened in the shard regardless of the crafting events like being killed, logging out, timingout....
The posssibilities are coutless which is why I can't acount for them all without getting the debug information that I added to the file.
Please make sure you run the debug file I provided and let me know what it say in the console when something wiered happens.

P.S.
It should tell your player to inform the admin about an error, explain exactly what he did and tell the admin to read the console so just listen to your players ;)

typuk

Sorceror
There you go.
Code:
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Server.Engines.Craft.CraftItem.CompleteCraft(Int32 quality, Boolean makersMark, Mobile from, CraftSystem craftSystem, Type typeRes, BaseTool tool) in c:\Servers\RunUO\Scripts\Engines\Craft\Core\CraftItem.cs:line 1448
   at Server.Engines.Craft.InternalTimer.OnTick() in c:\Servers\RunUO\Scripts\Engines\Craft\Core\CraftItem.cs:line 1625
   at Server.Timer.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

I think i had the "latest" craftitm.cs. I don't know if you need whole script, but here are error parts:
Code:
						if (daat99.Daat99OWLTR.TempHolders.Contains(from))
						{
							NewDaat99Holder dh = (NewDaat99Holder)daat99.Daat99OWLTR.TempHolders[from];
							++dh.ItemsCrafted; // <<<line 1148
							if (dh.ItemsCrafted >= 100 && dh.NextReward <= TimeSpan.Zero) //give random recipe
								dh.GiveDedication(from, craftSystem);
						}

Code:
                        if (m_CraftItem != null && m_From != null && m_CraftSystem != null && m_Tool != null)
                            m_CraftItem.CompleteCraft(quality, makersMark, m_From, m_CraftSystem, m_TypeRes, m_Tool); // <<< line 1625

daat99

Staff member
Please download the debug version, the version you used is outdated and I already released a fix attempt for it in the debug.

daat99

Staff member
Dry_Kill_Logic1 said:
Its telling me thers something wrong with the deftinkering script can i get some help plz?
Read the F.A.Q. and the first post.
All the help you need is in there.

Anvil

Wanderer
Daat, I was curious, is there something in your system that prevents a player from mining at 0.0? When my players try to mine at 0.0 when they're starting out it tells them they don't have enough skill to do that function.

daat99

Staff member
Anvil said:
Daat, I was curious, is there something in your system that prevents a player from mining at 0.0? When my players try to mine at 0.0 when they're starting out it tells them they don't have enough skill to do that function.
Look in HarvestSystem.cs

mehla

Sorceror
When opening the ledger and clicking "Extract Tokens" or "Write a check" then a defunct image pops up...

Is this a known issue?

slayer1ss

Sorceror
ı forget to tell thıs... ı got thıs yesterday whıle ı was lookıng at how many onlıne players ı have...
Code:
04/11-16:49 Please inform daat99 about Serial 101 as soon as possible, ty.

daat99

Staff member
mehla said:
When opening the ledger and clicking "Extract Tokens" or "Write a check" then a defunct image pops up...

Is this a known issue?
Can you please provide some more information?
A screenshot will be very helpfull in this case :)

slayer1ss said:
ı forget to tell thıs... ı got thıs yesterday whıle ı was lookıng at how many onlıne players ı have...
Code:
04/11-16:49 Please inform daat99 about Serial 101 as soon as possible, ty.
Ok that helps to locate the problem.
It apears that for some unknown reason players can be logged in to the server without calling the OnLogin event or after calling the OnDisconnect event.
That shouldn't happen normaly and I have no idea what cause it in the first place since it is handled in the RunUO core itself.
All I can do is add checks for thie fenomenon and send the player a message asking him to relog.

I'll leave the beta in place atm because players habits might shade some light on why it happened and the crash is fixed.
Please try to see which player got the "message an admin" yesterday at that time and ask him if something wiered happened when he was playing.

Did he logged in using 2 different acounts?
Same acount in 2 pcs?

Everything related to logging in\out and that isn't normal behaviur will help :)

Anvil

Wanderer
Daat,

I was wondering if there was a way to specify in game as well as in a script to give players certain crafting receipes? In other words, say on character creation, a player chooses the skill blacksmith. When they enter the world, I would like to have the system add 5 craft receipes to their backpack to help them get started, one of them specifically being a receipe for daggers the other 4 are lower level receipes or ones that will help them advance their skills accordingly. I want to try and do this for all my crafting skills if possible on character creation. I looked through all the scripts for your system but don't see anything that I think I could use to add to the on character creation method. Any help would be appreicated.

Anvil

daat99

Staff member
Anvil said:
Daat,

I was wondering if there was a way to specify in game as well as in a script to give players certain crafting receipes? In other words, say on character creation, a player chooses the skill blacksmith. When they enter the world, I would like to have the system add 5 craft receipes to their backpack to help them get started, one of them specifically being a receipe for daggers the other 4 are lower level receipes or ones that will help them advance their skills accordingly. I want to try and do this for all my crafting skills if possible on character creation. I looked through all the scripts for your system but don't see anything that I think I could use to add to the on character creation method. Any help would be appreicated.

Anvil
Take a look at basecreature.cs and see how it add recipes for lower level mobs.
Add 4 of those to the character creation.
After that add 1 more and set the item property to a dagger.

Anvil

Wanderer
Ok, I'm obviously confused when you say set item property. I'm trying to do this via script. I got it to add a random low level recipe to the char creation, but it doesn't detect what skill it's giving the recipe for. The random one I got was for tinikering when I was making a blacksmith which doesn't have any tinkering skill. I tried to add the property for dagger to the line and got the following:

Code:
 - Error: Scripts\Custom\Modified Distro\CharacterCreation.cs: CS0119: (line 116
1, column 36) 'Server.Items.Dagger' denotes a 'class' which is not valid in the
given context

here is the code I used:

Code:
				case SkillName.Blacksmith:
				{
					PackItem( new CraftingRecipe( 1 ) );
					PackItem( new CraftingRecipe( Dagger ) );
					PackItem( new Tongs() );
					PackItem( new Pickaxe() );
					PackItem( new IronIngot( 50 ) );
					EquipItem( new HalfApron( Utility.RandomYellowHue() ) );
					break;
				}

daat99

Staff member
Anvil said:
Ok, I'm obviously confused when you say set item property. I'm trying to do this via script. I got it to add a random low level recipe to the char creation, but it doesn't detect what skill it's giving the recipe for. The random one I got was for tinikering when I was making a blacksmith which doesn't have any tinkering skill. I tried to add the property for dagger to the line and got the following:

Code:
 - Error: Scripts\Custom\Modified Distro\CharacterCreation.cs: CS0119: (line 116
1, column 36) 'Server.Items.Dagger' denotes a 'class' which is not valid in the
given context

here is the code I used:

Code:
				case SkillName.Blacksmith:
				{
					PackItem( new CraftingRecipe( 1 ) );
					PackItem( new CraftingRecipe( Dagger ) );
					PackItem( new Tongs() );
					PackItem( new IronIngot( 50 ) );
					EquipItem( new HalfApron( Utility.RandomYellowHue() ) );
					break;
				}
I knew I souldn't answer your first question...
I do not support modifications of any kind in this thread!!!

mehla

Sorceror
Before clicking, all is well looks good.

If you click, this is what happens 'during' your click...

I am patched to the latest, and it seems that all my players have that issue.

daat99

Staff member
mehla said:
Before clicking, all is well looks good.

If you click, this is what happens 'during' your click...

I am patched to the latest, and it seems that all my players have that issue.
I couldn't duplicate this error at all on my test server.
I tried running my client both in window mode and in full screen mode and nothing even close to that happened.
Please compare your daat99 token system file to the 1 provided in the first post in this thread.

However, this error seems like it's some kind of either client or display settings behaviur and not realy script related.
I don't see anything inside RunUO itself that can produce this error.

P.S.
Does it get stuck like that or it's restored to default?