RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

daat99's World Teleporter

daat99

Staff member

daat99's World Teleporter (remade by XxSP1DERxX)

changelog v1.1 ==> XxSP1DERxX post #52
04/06/2005: Bug with Tokuno taking you to Trammel locations.
04/06/2005: Optimized the gump code.

changelog v1.0 ==> ReWriten by XxSP1DERxX post #41
02/06/2005: Changed all boolean properties to 1 bitwise flag
02/06/2005: Added a global/local switch (so that admins can set their global settings )
02/06/2005: Optimized the Gump code to use "virtual pages"
02/06/2005: Optimized the Location list generation code
02/06/2005: Optimized the gump response code to use an algorithm
02/06/2005: Added triple redundant validity checks
02/06/2005: Added staff check
02/06/2005: Put Map hueing into a function to allow easy changing
02/06/2005: Created default global settings in the Initialize() function

changelog v0.8 post #26
08/03/2005: fixed a warning.
08/03/2005: Fixed when you disable fel or tram it still showed them in the public moongate.

changelog v0.7 post #25
08/03/2005: Added colors to Ilshenar Malas and Tokuno maps, Thanx Kiara for choosing the colors :)
07/03/2005: Added more locations to tokuno map.
07/03/2005: Added ilshenar shrines map.
07/03/2005: Added trammel and felucca public moongates.

changelog v0.6 post #24
02/03/2005: Added a [WorldTeleGen command to generate the world teleporter in all the exits. It'll generate the teleporters only on the maps that set to true in the [props and delete all existing unmovable teles.
02/03/2005: Rewrote the teleporter with arrays and hash table to simplify the modifications and to shorten the code. (ThanX A Lot UOT) ;)

changelog v0.5 post #23
27/02/2005: Fixed a bug that resets the settings every time you add a teleporter.
27/02/2005: Added spiders cave to ilshenar map.

changelog v0.4 post #19
24/02/2005: Added a check not to play sounds if hidden staff member use it.
24/02/2005: Added a check to see if you're near the destination you selected (1 tile away) requested by Raider
24/02/2005: A few modifications to the teleporter code.

changelog v0.3 post #16
23/02/2005: Added exodus dungeon, rock dungeon, solen hive and orc cave, thanx to Tark for requesting them :)
23/02/2005: Moved mook town to custom where it was supposed to be in the first place.

changelog v0.2 post #9
22/02/2005: Fixed some typos, thanx Crepti ;)

changelog v0.1
22/02/2005: Made by daat99.

Credits:
Made by daat99, v1.0 remade by XxSP1DERxX
Special thanks for XxSP1DERxX for rewriting and optimizing the code A LOT ;)
Special thanks for Kiara for the idea ;) (sorry I forgot you before).
Special thanks goes to UOT, Thraxus and Muzrin, thanx for the HUGE help guys.
Also thanx for Crepti (you tried to help me there with the gump hues ;) ).
Many of the locations were copied from Traveling Books script by Broze The Newb.
Thanx to Wolf for adding some locations into the mix.

Description:
A moongate that hold all the locations and can be easily customized in the script.
Added a UseGlobal bool value for each teleporter, when set to false that particular teleporter will have independent settings then the rest.
Admin can turn on\off each map in the teleporter (effect all the teleporters in the world by default) via [props.
Can be set to allow reds in tram\ilsh\malas\tokuno or not via [props (AllowAllMurdr will allow reds in all maps otherwise only in fel).
The teleporter come with example custom map which is turned off by default, enable it with [props and set the locations inside the script.
Use [worldtelegen to generate world teleporters in all the active connections (if trammel is active it'll add teleporters to all the locatios in trammel).

Installation:
1. Drop this file in your custom scripts folder and restart your shard.
2. In game use [WorldTeleGen to add static teleporters to the active maps (use again if you changed the maps.

Enjoy :)

P.S.
Just when I was about to post this I saw this thread that made me consider not to post this teleporter:
http://www.runuo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50815
After considering it for a while I decided to post it anyway since this isn't ment to be used as a mobile gate for players but as a stationary teleporter.

Attachments

• World Teleporter.cs
    32.1 KB · Views: 1,716

daat99

Staff member
Crepti said:
Very nice Daat, I like it :) An easily customizable moongate... Great work! :)
ThanX
The script is kinda big since I don't know how to use arrays and enums yet (even tho I used them before I don't use stuff I don't 100% sure what it does).
Please let me know if you find bugs and especially typos, I always do typos :(

daat99

Staff member
Crepti said:
First typo:
Line 8 - My name :p
Hehe.

But seriously, it wasn't needed, I didn't do anything :)
Typo fixed and file was uploaded again.
Seriously, yes it was needed.
I give credit to everybody who helped or tried to help me, and you did tried to help me.

Crepti

Wanderer
Well, thanks Daat :)

Now then... Real typos:

Lines 278, 373, 628 & 660
NuJhelom - Nujel'm

Lines 555, 556, 557, 576, 577, 578, 587, 588, 589, 600, 601, 602, 724, 725, 726, 736, 737, 738, 742, 743, 744, 750, 751 & 752
ISE - USE ...?

All of these typos (apart from the first two Nujel'm ones) are comments and don't effect the code in anyway whatsoever. What can I say, it's 1.13am and I'm bored :p

daat99

Staff member
Crepti said:
Well, thanks Daat :)

Now then... Real typos:

Lines 278, 373, 628 & 660
NuJhelom - Nujel'm

Lines 555, 556, 557, 576, 577, 578, 587, 588, 589, 600, 601, 602, 724, 725, 726, 736, 737, 738, 742, 743, 744, 750, 751 & 752
ISE - USE ...?

All of these typos (apart from the first two Nujel'm ones) are comments and don't effect the code in anyway whatsoever. What can I say, it's 1.13am and I'm bored :p
Typos fixed released v0.2 ;)
Thanx Crepti

daat99

Staff member
Crepti said:
Hehe, no problem, it gave me something to do for a few minutes ;)
Glad to hear :)
If anyone think of any place that should be in there and isn't please let me know.

daat99

Staff member
No-one said:
nice script ty for all the hard work u put in to this and ty for sharing it with us :)
Ty, I always share my scripts, I think that everybody should share what they do so we'll all learn and evolve to the point when we are a lot better then what we were :)

Tark

Wanderer
Found a couple missing locations,

Exodus dungeon: 854,778,-80 (X,Y,Z) in Ilshenar.
Solen Hive: Theres more than one entrance, but minoc is 2607, 763,0 (x,y,z) in Trammel.
Orc Caves, Trammel and Felucca, 1019, 1431, 0 (x,y,z).
Tram/Felucca Shrines (dunno if you want to add them)
Rock dungeon(ilshenar) 1787,572,69 (x,y,z)

daat99

Staff member
Tark said:
Found a couple missing locations,

Exodus dungeon: 854,778,-80 (X,Y,Z) in Ilshenar.
Solen Hive: Theres more than one entrance, but minoc is 2607, 763,0 (x,y,z) in Trammel.
Orc Caves, Trammel and Felucca, 1019, 1431, 0 (x,y,z).
Tram/Felucca Shrines (dunno if you want to add them)
Rock dungeon(ilshenar) 1787,572,69 (x,y,z)
I added the dungeons like you asked.
I didn't added the shrines to because I don't see any actual use for them.
If you guys want them in just let me know and post them with the x, y, z locations :)

v.03 released :)

Raider

Wanderer
daat99 said:

changelog v0.3 post #16
23/02/2005: Added exodus dungeon, rock dungeon, solen hive and orc cave, thanx to Tark for requesting them :)
23/02/2005: Moved mook town to custom where it was supposed to be in the first place.

changelog v0.2 post #9
22/02/2005: Fixed some typos, thanx Crepti ;)

changelog v0.1
22/02/2005: Made by daat99.

Credits:
Made by daat99
Special thanks for Kiara for the idea ;) (sorry I forgot you before).
Special thanks goes to UOT, Thraxus and Muzrin, thanx for the HUGE help guys.
Also thanx for Crepti (you tried to help me there with the gump hues ;) ).
Many of the locations were copied from Traveling Books script by Broze The Newb.
Thanx to Wolf for adding some locations into the mix.

Description:
A moongate that hold all the locations and can be easily customized in the script.
Admin can turn on\off each map in the teleporter (effect all the teleporters in the world) via [props.
Can be set to allow reds in tram\ilsh\malas\tokuna or not via [props (AllowAllMurdr will allow reds in all maps).
The teleporter come with example custom map which is turned off by default, enable it with [props and set the locations inside the script.

Installation:
Just drop this file in your custom scripts folder and restart your shard.

Enjoy :)

P.S.
Just when I was about to post this I saw this thread that made me consider not to post this teleporter:
http://www.runuo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50815
After considering it for a while I decided to post it anyway since this isn't ment to be used as a mobile gate for players but as a stationary teleporter.
great script only one thing i found is that let say if your in brit and you select brit it keeps teleporting you to same spot should be like when you go into a moongate and you select same place you at would say you are already there but this dont do that keeps teleportering you there also i havent try but i was looking at public moongate and theres something it says about faction on sigil not sure if this will need that line there

daat99

Staff member
Raider said:
great script only one thing i found is that let say if your in brit and you select brit it keeps teleporting you to same spot should be like when you go into a moongate and you select same place you at would say you are already there but this dont do that keeps teleportering you there also i havent try but i was looking at public moongate and theres something it says about faction on sigil not sure if this will need that line there
1. I added a check to see if you're in the same spot as the teleporter.
The problem is that this teleporter is placed on different locations in all the shards, that means if you placed it 2 tiles away from where you teleport then it'll teleport you (that's why I didn't added it in the first place).
2. This isn't based on the public moongate and I never used factions so I can't check how it works for them.
If someone that use factions want to do a research about it and let me know the results I'll try to modify the scripts to fit factions as well.
I'll release v0.4 in a few minutes after I'll do some more testing.

daat99

Staff member
Released v0.4
Some modifications were made to the code to make it work a bit better.
Made it to check if a hidden staff member used the teleporter when it teleports him so it won't make sounds.
By request from Raider I added a check to see your location and not to teleport you to the same spot you are in.
Keep in mind since every shard placed the teleporters in different location it won't be very effective.
It check if you standing in a 1 tile radius from your destination and NOT from the teleporter in that area.
If you want this to be effective then move all the teleporters to exactly where they lead (the very same tile).
Please don't send me bug reporst that it let you tele to brit when you are in brit...