RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

daat99's World Teleporter

daat99

Staff member
v1.0 changelog ==> ReWriten by XxSP1DERxX
02/06/2005: Changed all boolean properties to 1 bitwise flag
02/06/2005: Added a global/local switch (so that admins can set their global settings )
02/06/2005: Optimized the Gump code to use "virtual pages"
02/06/2005: Optimized the Location list generation code
02/06/2005: Optimized the gump response code to use an algorithm
02/06/2005: Added triple redundant validity checks
02/06/2005: Added staff check
02/06/2005: Put Map hueing into a function to allow easy changing
02/06/2005: Created default global settings in the Initialize() function

Raider

Wanderer
daat99 said:
v1.0 changelog ==> ReWriten by XxSP1DERxX
02/06/2005: Changed all boolean properties to 1 bitwise flag
02/06/2005: Added a global/local switch (so that admins can set their global settings )
02/06/2005: Optimized the Gump code to use "virtual pages"
02/06/2005: Optimized the Location list generation code
02/06/2005: Optimized the gump response code to use an algorithm
02/06/2005: Added triple redundant validity checks
02/06/2005: Added staff check
02/06/2005: Put Map hueing into a function to allow easy changing
02/06/2005: Created default global settings in the Initialize() function
awesome but theres something missing when a player goes tru teleporter they dont stay hidden
is there anyway i can add that for players and if so what would i put in script ive tryed with the old one to put hidden for player it has and dont work

daat99

Staff member
Raider said:
awesome but theres something missing when a player goes tru teleporter they dont stay hidden
is there anyway i can add that for players and if so what would i put in script ive tryed with the old one to put hidden for player it has and dont work
The script as it is doesn't change the hidden status of the player.
If the player want to be hidden then he need to hide before he select a destination in the gump.
If you want it to auto-hide the players (I strongly suggest that you won't do that) then just hide the player in the section where it tele the player to his destination.

Erica

Knight
daat99 said:
The script as it is doesn't change the hidden status of the player.
If the player want to be hidden then he need to hide before he select a destination in the gump.
If you want it to auto-hide the players (I strongly suggest that you won't do that) then just hide the player in the section where it tele the player to his destination.
hello i tryed this works great one problem tho wont let you go to tokuno i got other custom gates and we all can go to tokuno as regular players only thing is admin when goes tru this new gate can go to tokuno i tryed with my reg player says error invalid

daat99

Staff member
Erica said:
hello i tryed this works great one problem tho wont let you go to tokuno i got other custom gates and we all can go to tokuno as regular players only thing is admin when goes tru this new gate can go to tokuno i tryed with my reg player says error invalid
Are you using se client ?
It only let you go to tokuno if you're using SE client, won't allow you to go there if you use AoS.

Erica

Knight
daat99 said:
Are you using se client ?
It only let you go to tokuno if you're using SE client, won't allow you to go there if you use AoS.
i just told you i use se version ive been playing uo over 5 years ive had se version since the first day it came out. do this please prop the gate then put false on trammel dung and trammel town then use a regular player will say this when try to go to tokuno Error: invalid button response-Trammel disable then if you put true on both trammel on gate as regular player takes you to trammel the tokuno land now as and admin disable or not disable takes you to tokuno i am running samurai uo from the first day it came out you need to do those test so you see what i am saying

X

Xanthos

XxSP1DERxX said:
Here I fixed up and now that I am home, I tested it. :D

Okay, i updated to how you like it Daat99 :)

Great work on optimization! I have been using this teleporter for a while now and my only complaint was the performance. Great update to an already awesome in game item!

Kamron

Knight
Erica, I will take a look at the error checking when I get home, there may be an invalid check on that. I did test everything I could and daat99 also did as well but things slip through :p

Erica

Knight
XxSP1DERxX said:
Erica, I will take a look at the error checking when I get home, there may be an invalid check on that. I did test everything I could and daat99 also did as well but things slip through :p
ok thanks a lot weird tho hit tokuno takes you to trammel ill wait till you check the script

Raider

Wanderer
XxSP1DERxX said:
I did a few updates to the code, and I fixed the bug.
ah thank you i tested it this one does work the one on top doesnt work should be removed its no good thanks again for the one you fix. *PS* just so you dont get confuse Erica the one that found the bug on the script on top erica is my sister so i thank you again :)

daat99

Staff member
changelog v1.1 ==> XxSP1DERxX
04/06/2005: Bug with Tokuno taking you to Trammel locations.
04/06/2005: Optimized the gump code.

lordsion

Wanderer
Bug?

Hello, On my shard we have changed the itemid of these to a runebook and made them movable and start all players with them in their pack.. But if we jail them they can use them to escape, is there a fix for this?

daat99

Staff member
lordsion said:
Hello, On my shard we have changed the itemid of these to a runebook and made them movable and start all players with them in their pack.. But if we jail them they can use them to escape, is there a fix for this?
If you'll read the first post you'll see a link for movable teleporters.
This script is designed to be used as a stationary item and not to be added to the players backpack for that same reason.
There can be a fix for it but it won't be posted here, it'll require rewrite of the teleporting code.
You should use a different teleporter if you want your players to have it in their backpack.
If you into scripting you can always take a shot at modifying it to avoid those problems you experience.
If you decide to do that please post the questions you have in the script support forum, ty.

P.S.
No, it's not a bug, it was designed like this.

Daat

Hey Bud nice job! I was on Paradise Lost and seen the teleporter there. The staff told me it was yours. Thanks for posting this :)

daat99

Staff member
Lucid Nagual said:
Hey Bud nice job! I was on Paradise Lost and seen the teleporter there. The staff told me it was yours. Thanks for posting this :)
Thanks ;)
Actually the teleporter was reqriten in a much more efficient way by XxPS1DERxX so he deserve a thank you as well ;)

Boulder

Sorceror
world telportal

vary nice i hope you dont mine but i changed it in to a book for my shard
and the players love it

Erica

Knight
Boulder said:
vary nice i hope you dont mine but i changed it in to a book for my shard
and the players love it
if you jail someone and has that as book they can escape lol.