RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

daat99's World Teleporter

Raider

Wanderer
daat99 said:
Released v0.4
Some modifications were made to the code to make it work a bit better.
Made it to check if a hidden staff member used the teleporter when it teleports him so it won't make sounds.
By request from Raider I added a check to see your location and not to teleport you to the same spot you are in.
Keep in mind since every shard placed the teleporters in different location it won't be very effective.
It check if you standing in a 1 tile radius from your destination and NOT from the teleporter in that area.
If you want this to be effective then move all the teleporters to exactly where they lead (the very same tile).
Please don't send me bug reporst that it let you tele to brit when you are in brit...
thank you you are awesome this teleporter is the best ive ever had thank you again keep up the good work

daat99

Staff member
Raider said:
thank you you are awesome this teleporter is the best ive ever had thank you again keep up the good work
Thanx :)
Here comes:
v0.5 changelog
27/02/2005: Fixed a bug that resets the settings every time you add a teleporter.
27/02/2005: Added spiders cave to ilshenar map.

daat99

Staff member
v0.6 changelog
02/03/2005: Added a [WorldTeleGen command to generate the world teleporter in all the exits. It'll generate the teleporters only on the maps that set to true in the [props and delete all existing unmovable teles.
02/03/2005: Rewrote the teleporter with arrays and hash table to simplify the modifications and to shorten the code. (ThanX A Lot UOT) ;)

If you having problems with fel cities please redownload, ty.

daat99

Staff member
v0.7 changelog
08/03/2005: Added colors to Ilshenar Malas and Tokuno maps, Thanx Kiara for choosing the colors :)
07/03/2005: Added more locations to tokuno map.
07/03/2005: Added ilshenar shrines map.
07/03/2005: Added trammel and felucca public moongates.

daat99

Staff member
v0.8 changelog
08/03/2005: fixed a warning.
08/03/2005: Fixed when you disable fel or tram it still showed them in the public moongate.

Joeku

Lord
World Travel Book to go with daat99's World Teleporter v0.8

This is my first script submitted to RunUO, I hope you all enjoy. I made a World Travel Book off of the World Teleporter made by daat99. It has the same locations and customizable stuff etc. It is intended mainly for staff use but if you want you can give it to players too. I will be working on a version that will not allow jail breaks or criminal escapes. This is made off of the World Teleporter v0.8. Again, this is intended mainly for staff use to make getting around easier. Thanx daat99 for letting me post this!

*EDIT* Alright found out by testing it that it won't let criminals escape and it won't let it be used to escape from a battle. Also, for the anti-jailbreak, all you have to do is put the player's stuff in his/her bank before you jail him or her.

Attachments

• World Travel Book.cs
    30.9 KB · Views: 59

daat99

Staff member
Joeku said:
This is my first script submitted to RunUO, I hope you all enjoy. I made a World Travel Book off of the World Teleporter made by daat99. It has the same locations and customizable stuff etc. It is intended mainly for staff use but if you want you can give it to players too. I will be working on a version that will not allow jail breaks. This is made off of the World Teleporter v0.8. Again, this is intended mainly for staff use to make getting around easier. Thanx daat99 for letting me post this!
I'm always happy to help out.
Feel free to open your own thread if you wish, will make it easier for you to update your script this way ;)

Tark

Wanderer
hey i had an idea the other day, just remembered it now. Would it be possible to make a [WorldTele or [wtele or whatever for staff to use? just thinking since carrying them in your pack causes nasty bugs. Heheh, until daat told us what might happen we were using them as shields :p

*EDIT* Joeku, just saw your post, lol. that works too :)

daat99

Staff member
Tark said:
hey i had an idea the other day, just remembered it now. Would it be possible to make a [WorldTele or [wtele or whatever for staff to use? just thinking since carrying them in your pack causes nasty bugs. Heheh, until daat told us what might happen we were using them as shields :p

*EDIT* Joeku, just saw your post, lol. that works too :)
Actually you can carry them and add them to places and all, just don't set them to movable=false.
The script cicle throu all the movable=false tele's and look for them in the location list.
Doesn't matter how many you have set to movable =true, it ignores them altogather (just like travel books).

Tark

Wanderer
oh, cool :)

figured it just looked for the item name :)

Actually might have to try to put a location check in to make sure you arent in jail. or have it check to see if you can use Recall spells.

daat99

Staff member
Tark said:
oh, cool :)

figured it just looked for the item name :)

Actually might have to try to put a location check in to make sure you arent in jail. or have it check to see if you can use Recall spells.
Actually this item was intended to be stationary item like the public moongates.
As of that I decided not to add all those checks since players aren't suppose to have it.
If you want to have a mobile travel book or something like that then there's a great script (I think I added a link to it in the first post) for that.

Pueo

Wanderer
Love the WorldTeleGen

Just installed it in my world, great work. Maybe well get someone to actually logon to our shard:)

Joeku

Lord
Hey, I just thought of some things..

1. It would be nice if it hides staff members when they use it
2. It would also be nice if the World Teleporters in the Staff Only section would be automatically set to visible = false
3. It would also be nice if players wouldn't see the gump pop up if visible = false

Just a thought! Thanks!

daat99

Staff member
Joeku said:
Hey, I just thought of some things..

1. It would be nice if it hides staff members when they use it
2. It would also be nice if the World Teleporters in the Staff Only section would be automatically set to visible = false
3. It would also be nice if players wouldn't see the gump pop up if visible = false

Just a thought! Thanks!
I won't be making this default settings but I'll look into adding a variable for those options that can be set in [props on the teleporter.
No idea when I'll do this if at all tho.

Kamron

Knight
Behold... This is compilable but not tested.
Daat99 tell me what you think :)

I added the ability to alter a single world teleporter without affecting all of them.
Changing LocalOptFlags will redo all of the true/false properties.
To change ALL WorldTeleporters, you add a worldteleporter. Set the properties how you want. Write down the LocalOptFlags. Set the global opt flags to that. Then generate the world teleporters again. To change them all in scripts, go to the Initialize() function of WorldTeleporter, and change the SetOptFlag lines to your liking. Then after you restart your server, generate the world teleporters again.

Added invalid selection checks.
Added staff location checks.
Added "virtual pages" for constructing the gump so that its faster at generation and less bandwith is used because only what is needed is sent to the client.
Added redundant checks for valid locations.
Added invalid map entry checks.
Put gump entry hues into a function for convenience
Change all properties to use a bitwise flag list.
Added (De)Serialize backwards compatibility.

daat99

Staff member
XxSP1DERxX said:
Behold... This is compilable but not tested.
Daat99 tell me what you think :)

I added the ability to alter a single world teleporter without affecting all of them.
Changing LocalOptFlags will redo all of the true/false properties.
To change ALL WorldTeleporters, you add a worldteleporter. Set the properties how you want. Write down the LocalOptFlags. Set the global opt flags to that. Then generate the world teleporters again. To change them all in scripts, go to the Initialize() function of WorldTeleporter, and change the SetOptFlag lines to your liking. Then after you restart your server, generate the world teleporters again.

Added invalid selection checks.
Added staff location checks.
Added "virtual pages" for constructing the gump so that its faster at generation and less bandwith is used because only what is needed is sent to the client.
Added redundant checks for valid locations.
Added invalid map entry checks.
Put gump entry hues into a function for convenience
Change all properties to use a bitwise flag list.
Added (De)Serialize backwards compatibility.
It looks real great but when I try to use it it doesn't realy work :(
It only show up the page gumps and it doesn't show up the locations buttons.
Also when I click on page gump it always tele me to brit tram and once there it say that I'm there already.