RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Define Satire...

HellRazor

Knight
Saben said:
Just like to say that Sphere owns RunUO, and the only good thing to ever
come out of RunUO is Razor.

Sphere may have it's bugs, but it also has a style of UO that is 50000x more
fun to play than the pre-casting bullshit that you see on RunUO shards...
All you guys are roleplay newbs who can't use LOS PvP to save thier lives...
I'll give you a hint, you guys are better at RunUO PvP simply because Sphere
PvP requires more skill. Simple.

So sit here on your forums and spend your day making up longass bullshit
stories about Sphere, in the end, it's still a better emulator. The only reason
that shards these days are 8/10 RunUO is because most players are newbs
who will flock to gay AOS shards rather then a Sphere shard that requires
some actual skill...

Any one of you get on a sphere shard and I'll mop the floor with u, thanks.3

Normally I don't get involved in things like this, I keep my opionions to myself.
Games is like anything, to each his own. But when I see you guys here bashing
sphere like a bunch of stuck up pricks.... who do you think you are?

To each his own.... play your RunUO crap and don't even bother with Sphere,
it has nothing to do with you.

LOL! This is satire too, right?

milt

Knight
Saben said:

You can't try to flame people based on your opinions.

Saben said:

Just please... stfu while you are at it.

KingSmidgens

Wanderer
I don't really problem with Sphere.. although the few Sphere servers I played over the years were NOTHING LIKE "Pre-AOS UO".. in fact, I mainly play on Pre-AOS RunUO servers myself (which are pretty accurate) unlike the Sphere servers I tried. One of the servers on Sphere, which was pretty popular, had armor that lowered INT instead of DEX.. the result was that dexers pretty much killed anyone, since they could wear full plate mail (and it didn't increase spell damage..) the funny thing is that when I mentioned that on the forums about 30 people replied telling me how retarded I was that I didn't know how UO was pre-aos and how I should do several things I need not mention.. that post also got me banned.. i'm not saying this is a sphere-exclusive problem, though, i've had my encounters with horrible RunUO Admins, but I must admit that the players on those servers weren't as volatile or numerous as the jerks on Sphere.

I must say that most of the rivalry between sphere and runuo happens when sphere people come here to fight with us, although ive never visisted the sphere board.

Viago

Knight
take it your trying to avoid damians lawyers? i bet they are eying this forum like hawks

/me bends over and moons

Did i miss a spot, i went to the bathroom a few min ago :D

*please not i am not mooning anyone related to runuo. just the "you know who's" if you fail to grasp the joke* and if they wanna come after me, let them, i have better connections then lawyers! :mad:

Drull

Wanderer
hahaha

Glad to see at least some people out there agree with me on things :D

Hey mister chipura. You look even more like a child now, eh? and you can't ban me off runuo.com. Oh noes! :(

Ps. u r gay

;)

Saben

Wanderer
It's got nothing to do with Sphere, I'm not affiliated with them, I'm just
a Sphere player with a big mouth and an opinion.

Posting anything on the sphere forums is only fueling the fire that you claim
to not stoke, so be the bigger men and just leave it.

Or can you?

You can't and won't.. because RunUO ppl are just as contemptful for Sphere
players as the other way around...

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Saben said:

So sit here on your forums and spend your day making up longass bullshit
stories about Sphere, in the end, it's still a better emulator. The only reason
that shards these days are 8/10 RunUO is because most players are newbs
who will flock to gay AOS shards rather then a Sphere shard that requires
some actual skill...

Any one of you get on a sphere shard and I'll mop the floor with u, thanks.3

Normally I don't get involved in things like this, I keep my opionions to myself.
Games is like anything, to each his own. But when I see you guys here bashing
sphere like a bunch of stuck up pricks.... who do you think you are?

To each his own.... play your RunUO crap and don't even bother with Sphere,
it has nothing to do with you.

www.uogamers.com

I'll tell you what...

If you can show me a single sphere shard that compares to UO Gamers: Hybrid... the RunUO Team's flagship shard that has held over 7000 users online at one time, on one machine I will kiss the pigs flying out of your ass.

SPHERE is garbage... its creators even admit it. They tried to use SPHERE to make a game Irth Online and guess what... it sucks. They lie about how many players play it, hell it doenst even have half the size of RunUO's community.

Listen... facts are facts. SPHERE sucks, even its DEVELOPERS admit it. If someone wants to hold onto the past and use SPHERE I have no issue with that. But for you to say RunUO sucks is ignorant. 90% or better of the shards out there run RunUO. As for "old school" UO you will find nothing that showcases the power to make RunUO whatever you want like UO Gamers: Rebirth www.uorebirth.com .. That shard is simply amazing and it takes UO back to 1997/1998.

As for your whole PvP statement... I dare you to try to bring your happy ass to UO Gamers: Hybrid. If you can get into the top 10 on the PvP ladder there I will pay you $50.00.

Now... man up, or shut up.

As for the rest of you, I am sorry I flamed this guy... I just get tired of this kind of crap.

joshw

Sorceror
ryan you will always find some one to object to things its a fact of life because 80% of people don't think rationialy its all about whos best and who can sit on top so try not to let this get to you you know you have provided a superior product and the shear numbers of people attending these forums should prove that All I'm gonna say is I have tryed other emulators in the past back in like 96 and so fourth and runuo is far the best and most stable emulator there is out there and you know thisdon't let mind numbing babble influence your time. You know RunUO is worth the time and work you have put into it so smile and be proud for there are many users who thank you and are proud of what you have done.

ps drunken bable lol

god damn it just reread the bullshit that idiot said about sphere but isnt it kinda suspicios that someone would talk shit about runuo after the so-calle dcreator of shere was bashes hmmz me thinks some one is mad waaa go cry

your friend the scurge vertigo lol

Saben

Wanderer
Ryan said:
www.uogamers.com

I'll tell you what...

If you can show me a single sphere shard that compares to UO Gamers: Hybrid... the RunUO Team's flagship shard that has held over 7000 users online at one time, on one machine I will kiss the pigs flying out of your ass.

SPHERE is garbage... its creators even admit it. They tried to use SPHERE to make a game Irth Online and guess what... it sucks. They lie about how many players play it, hell it doenst even have half the size of RunUO's community.

Listen... facts are facts. SPHERE sucks, even its DEVELOPERS admit it. If someone wants to hold onto the past and use SPHERE I have no issue with that. But for you to say RunUO sucks is ignorant. 90% or better of the shards out there run RunUO. As for "old school" UO you will find nothing that showcases the power to make RunUO whatever you want like UO Gamers: Rebirth www.uorebirth.com .. That shard is simply amazing and it takes UO back to 1997/1998.

As for your whole PvP statement... I dare you to try to bring your happy ass to UO Gamers: Hybrid. If you can get into the top 10 on the PvP ladder there I will pay you $50.00.

Now... man up, or shut up.

As for the rest of you, I am sorry I flamed this guy... I just get tired of this kind of crap.
Don't be sorry, I get tired of it too, tired of seeing longass stories mocking
sphere posted on the main news section of your website. And yet you say
your tired of the flamewars? Hypocrite? Please remove that news article and
this thread ;/

We can sit and argue about what style of UO we like until we're blue in the
face. To each his own... just seeing that shit about sphere posted like that
would piss any sphere player off, you don't see RunUO bashing on the sphere
forums do you? no.

To be honest, I never played OSI, or any RunUO shard longterm, I am totally
adapted to line-of-sight PvP. I've tried Runuo, but just couldn't develop a liking
to precast-style magery. So I just wanna play sphere without being labeled
for it, I come to this site often because I'm a Razor fanatic, and why do I need
to come and see my favorite emu being bashed.

You say your tired of it, so plz end it and delete this thread and the story

TMSTKSBK

Lord
why do you have to come here at all?

And what does PvP have to do with anything? Did you even READ Ryan's post?

You don't like it? Don't read it.

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
I have been to the Sphere forums many times and I can tell that there is LOTS of RunUO bashing. Also, it isn't a matter of "to each his own" it is a matter of a superior product.

Sphere has bugs that will never be gone. RunUO is so adaptable that ANYTHING you can imagine play-wise could be mimic'd using RunUO.

Courageous

Wanderer
Well I think the point here in general is that the whole emu-vs-emu thing is pointless. The community has voted with its feet. I only came to runuo a very short while ago. I did this by surveying the space, to see where the support was, where the customization was, and most importantly to see how many shards were running with what emu. In the open source community in particular, this sort of foot voting is always a clear and obvious sign. Open source is a meritocracy. This issue is all settled. No chest pounding necessary.

If some people still like sphere or uox or whatever, that's fine. Every market has its niches. Even if most of the world likes chocolate, there will always be some going for vanilla or strawberry. No biggie.

C//

p.s., no firmer insult could be dealt to the sphere community than ignorning them completely as if they didn't exist...

WarAngel

Wanderer
Being a member of the Sphere community, I am ashamed to come here and read things like the crap Saben and numerous others come up with. RunUO is a wonderful creation and I compliment the RunUO development team on how successful their emulator is, and will continue to be with each new release. Being a player and staff member of a RunUO shard, I have fallen in love with the stability and ability of RunUO. Despite that, I still choose to script for Sphere as it is an old hobby, and I get simple pleasure out of it. I agree that there are many things which RunUO has and Sphere does not, and I do not think that the common "OSI clone" argument that Sphere users give qualifies RunUO as "crap". This is quite the contrary in fact, as one of the members of the Sphere community has recently released a champs and doom script, and it has been quite a hot topic. With that said, I would not disagree with the banning of members of either community who do things like that, as it is unnecessary.

To Saben: As just a player of Sphere, you do not really have any sort of experience whatsoever to judge either of these emulators. You also don't have to read these forums, so why not just avoid typing "www.runuo.com" in your browser and stop looking at this "crap" emulator's website? [edit]You are also wrong about the lack of RunUO bashing on the Sphere forums. It happens every once in awhile, you just have to know where to look.[/edit]

Again, congratulations to the RunUO dev team on a job well done. Thank you for your continuous hard work, and sorry for the idiots at the other place. ;-)

Best regards,
WarAngel

Courageous

Wanderer
Well, if you want a little shame, ask yourself who is doing the denial of service attacks. Because whoever they are, they are FELONS. Ryan may not know who these folks are, but I'm sure it's enough to make him a little pissy.

C//

WarAngel

Wanderer
Was that post in reply to anything I said? Not trying to be rude, but I didn't quite understand what you meant by it.