RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do executioners get paid much?

PappaSmurf

Knight
Anti-Basic;628061 said:
Well that throws adultery out, Cuz he supposedly forgave Mary Magdalene for being a whore. But then again most Christians ignore that commandment anyway.

Well you know it's pretty messed up when you read in the bible about someone's wife being "barren" so she tells her husband to nail her maid instead........

PappaSmurf

Knight
Anti-Basic;628068 said:
not to mention it condones forced felching as a means of birth control...
And we can't forget Concubines... and mutiple wives.

Oh and lest I forget...it paints women as evil.

PappaSmurf;628069 said:
And we can't forget Concubines... and mutiple wives.
yep... and slavery

I originally didnt want this to turn into an argument about christianity, buty since TMS wanted to twist my words and make it into such earlier, I don't care anymore

EDIT: How is multiple Wives wrong? I mean if they're consenting.. more to bang and more to eat!

PappaSmurf

Knight
Anti-Basic;628070 said:
yep... and slavery

I originally didnt want this to turn into an argument about christianity, buty since TMS wanted to twist my words and make it into such earlier, I don't care anymore

I'm not arguing for or agianst christianity, I'm just stating that current teachings and beliefs are at times vastly different than the exmples and morals found in the book these teaching are supposed to come from. Guess it's time to break this out again....

For those who can't read it the Warning Label says the following.

Content Advisory: Contains verses descriptive or advocating suicide. incset, bestiality, sadomasochism, sexual activity in a violent context, murder, morbid violence, use of drugs or alcohol, homosexuality, voyeurism, revenge , undermining of authority figures, lawlessness, and human rights violations and atrocities.

and people call it "The Good Book"

PappaSmurf

Knight
Anti-Basic;628072 said:
use the actual image link instead of the thumb. You made me waste a mouseclick :p

The real image would possibly require a 56k warning, I'm being thoughtful of others here......

PappaSmurf;628108 said:
Stop interrupting our hijacking........

QFT

EDIT: Wait... This is my own thread rofl

WarAngel

Wanderer
TMSTKSBK;628056 said:
I love people that don't get Christianity making pronouncements about Christianity...

I was just wondering if you ever plan on actually defending something with logic or some Bible quotes or anything like that, or do you just plan on continually talking shit like you do in most religion topics?

David

Moderate
It is not my intention to get dragged into yet another thread where people who do not understand my beliefs try to explain to me why they are wrong. I simply want to say that based on previous threads, 90% of you have no idea what you are talking about.

PappaSmurf;628059 said:
According the the Bible it is Jesus' teachings and following his word and living by it that gains one the right to enter paradise.
That one statement shows that when it comes to Christian doctrine and beliefs, you do not have a clue.
PappaSmurf;628059 said:
Any of the Orginal Ten Commandments that he did not personally endorse are moot at this point.
Again, spoken out of ignorance.

You may very well have studied religion, I am not doubting that for a moment. Let us simply compare that to other discussions on the value of computer certifications if the "technician" has no time in the field actually working on them.

Well heres my 2cents worth on this topic..Lol Couldn't resist...

The Bible is the bible....Rules were made just like rules are made now...In order to have a better life by those rules in the Bible...or I should say be better people...I mean that was the idea wasn't it; Being good and kind and having a good life?

Now I believe in the Bible and what it says, but because I am human I also believe in the death penalty....We are human and we can believe in the bible but still we have those feelings of getting even when something bad happens, such as the death penalty...I personally believe in it...Right or wrong, but if someone kills someone else I say give them the death penalty...

You can take a verse in the bibe and give that verse to 5 different churches and I'm sure every church will have a different meaning...I could post a verse here and I'm sure everyone would interpet it differently...Because we all think and feel differently and interpet things differently...

A_Li_N

Knight
This question(s) is directed at David, and is strictly a "I'm wondering" tone:

Do people have to believe in God in order to 'go to Heaven'?

I ask this for the simple reason of wanting another person's opinion (I've asked quite a few people as of late). I lead a very kind and generous life with a open Christian upbringing. By open I mean my parents taught me the values, but let me choose if I wanted to follow them or believe in general. I try to follow those values, but I have not found my calling (proof) and therefore have no reason to believe besides the selfish one of going to Heaven.

Anyway, just wondering what you think. I really don't care what anyone else has to say unless it's directed towards this question and answer in a thought out, educated manor.