RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do executioners get paid much?

David

Moderate
A_Li_N;628336 said:
This question(s) is directed at David, and is strictly a "I'm wondering" tone:

Do people have to believe in God in order to 'go to Heaven'?

I ask this for the simple reason of wanting another person's opinion (I've asked quite a few people as of late). I lead a very kind and generous life with a open Christian upbringing. By open I mean my parents taught me the values, but let me choose if I wanted to follow them or believe in general. I try to follow those values, but I have not found my calling (proof) and therefore have no reason to believe besides the selfish one of going to Heaven.

Anyway, just wondering what you think. I really don't care what anyone else has to say unless it's directed towards this question and answer in a thought out, educated manor.

First, thank you for a serious question.

A few particular verses come to mind;
Galatians 2:16 said:
yet knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, ... because by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Ephesians 2:8-9 said:
for by grace have ye been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, [it is] the gift of God; not of works, that no man should glory.

John 14:6 said:
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, and the truth, and the life: no one cometh unto the Father, but by me.

[QUOTE="Romans 10:9]because if thou shalt confess with thy mouth Jesus [as] Lord, and shalt believe in thy heart that God raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved:[/QUOTE]

Basically, as put forth by the Bible, it is pretty clear that "living a good life" is not enough. You must accept and confess Jesus Christ as Lord.

We as Christians are called to live a "Christ-like life" (which many seem to overlook.) Such a life would lead to good works and generosity as a result of your salvation...not the other way around.

Hope that helps.

A_Li_N

Knight
David;628347 said:
First, thank you for a serious question.

A few particular verses come to mind;

Basically, as put forth by the Bible, it is pretty clear that "living a good life" is not enough. You must accept and confess Jesus Christ as Lord.

We as Christians are called to live a "Christ-like life" (which many seem to overlook.) Such a life would lead to good works and generosity as a result of your salvation...not the other way around.

Hope that helps.
Thanks, it does.

Radwen

Wanderer
Execution rocks.

Ugly mofo .. oh wait I mean AB, you should watch GantZ, you'd love it.

It goes very well with that tool song.

All the rest of you should get executed.

WarAngel;628167 said:
I was just wondering if you ever plan on actually defending something with logic or some Bible quotes or anything like that, or do you just plan on continually talking shit like you do in most religion topics?
Because when TMS is losing an argument he does one of two things.

#1 Blames it on the sheep (liberal sheep, techie sheep, etc)
#2 Subtely changes the subject to a related topic while avoiding the original argument completely.

@David, would the Dali Llama be accepted into your heaven?

and sorry for the thread, but tms baited me, so i gave him what he wanted.

PappaSmurf

Knight
David;628317 said:
It is not my intention to get dragged into yet another thread where people who do not understand my beliefs try to explain to me why they are wrong. I simply want to say that based on previous threads, 90% of you have no idea what you are talking about.

That one statement shows that when it comes to Christian doctrine and beliefs, you do not have a clue.

Again, spoken out of ignorance.

You may very well have studied religion, I am not doubting that for a moment. Let us simply compare that to other discussions on the value of computer certifications if the "technician" has no time in the field actually working on them.

And later you prove my point with your quote of John 14:6. :confused: Once Jesus came and spread his word it was to replace, not addon to current belief structure. Now that very verse you quoted....

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, and the truth, and the life: no one cometh unto the Father, but by me.

His teachings not those teachings that came before him.....

Slayer706

Sorceror
@David, would the Dali Llama be accepted into your heaven?
Are you joking? He just kinda answered that same question....
By the way, it is spelled "Dalai Lama." However, "Dali Lama" is also acceptable as far as I know.

Slayer706;628399 said:
Are you joking? He just kinda answered that same question....
By the way, it is spelled "Dalai Lama." However, "Dali Lama" is also acceptable as far as I know.
I know, what the scripture said, I just wanted to see if David actually thinks one of the most righteous men in the world ios going to hell or not.

Slayer706

Sorceror
He is Christian. So yes, he does. He also thinks Ghandi went to hell. Who cares? I believe that Ghandi died. End of story. He just died. His life force ended. No magical land of virgins and butterflies. No reincarnation into a fly or whatever. Who knows which one of is right? Only the people that can't answer us, that is who.

Slayer706

Sorceror
Has she read the bible? It is pretty clear on the subject on non-believers..... It is one of the only subjects (in my opinion) that isn't subject to interpretation.

M0nk3y

Wanderer
Satan has lied over and over in his camouflage of the Word, through his many versions, by changing the context of Scripture to prove his lies through his own interpretation, by his unbiblical ministers of light, the men and women who preach and teach his false religions of lies using signs and wonders to misguide and deceive, using espionage among the saints (Matt.7:15; Acts 20:29-31), using many demons to destroy (Mark 5:9), using a disguise as an angel of light (2 Corinthians 11:14), and being a wolf in sheep’s clothing (Matthew 7:15).

Answer me this:
IF this so called Satan is the greatest deceiver ever know, THEN how can you say the he hasnt deceived us all into thinking that he him self is our GOD and that we should follow his ways and follow the rules set forth in HIS book, THE BIBLE, and that our once loving GOD that wanted to show us the light and the way into Heavan isnt the Satan that we all refer to now.

Remember, Satan’s goal is always the same - to counterfeit the Person of Christ, the plan of God, and to deceive man.

Radwen

Wanderer
Dude were you in a freezer for the last 38 000 years?
Everyone knows the world is ruled by crab people and that the god is all mighty spaghetti!

Seriously people stfu.
I'm pretty sure 90% of the thinking behind our manipulative ads come from the Bible. Its all about marketing. The church back then was ruled by sales geniuses.

Now talk on the subject, do you think I should be executioned?

Now talk on the subject, do you think I should be executioned?
I think that just under 50% of people need to be killed. If you don't understand who I'm talking about, ask David about his old sig quote from George Carlin.

David

Moderate
@AB - Lol - something to the effect of consider how dumb the average person is and then realize that half of them are even dumber... that one?

@Radwen - Yes you should be executed, but you should accept Jesus first. kidding, partially... I'll leave you to decide which part.

@PappaSmurf -
PappaSmurf;628059 said:
According the the Bible it is Jesus' teachings and following his word and living by it that gains one the right to enter paradise.
I'll repeat, that totally misses the mark. Look again at the four verses I posted (I can provide more if necessary) as well as my comments. You cannot earn your way into Heaven. God requires nothing less than perfection. Since there is no perfect human in their own right (yes even Gandhi or the Dalai Lama), the only way into the presence of God is through the only acceptable sacrifice which was made by Jesus at Calvary. You have only to reach out and claim that sacrifice as your own. That is the heart of Christianity, and that is what gets you into Heaven.

As to the issue of the Old Testament, while there is a certain amount of interpretation that must be done (for example, at that time slavery and multiple and/or surrogate wives were part of normal society.) I would however disagree with you on Jesus removing the old laws. A certain part of them were specifically removed--after Jesus' death and resurrection, i.e. unclean foods or the need for further sacrifices. Jesus however came to complete the law of the Old Testament, not to dismiss it. Even his sacrifice for us was done by the letter of the law though no one at the time realized it.

I think we should drop this here, if you honestly want to have a genuine discussion we can start a new thread--with the understanding that it will be moderated to keep out people posting only to stir the pot.

David

Moderate
Anti-Basic;628675 said:
Well, if your personal feelings are that the Dhali Llama wont go into heaven, then man, that kinda sucks.
It kinda sucks regardless of who they are.