RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doom Lever Puzzel + Doom Poison Room

will_man

Sorceror
@ brodockbr: I dont speak that language but i believe it says something like, the array has been cahncged so i cant contiinue to the next one, that was an error in the last version, teh latest version has this fixed. If this is still a problem, then please reply so i can have a look at is

@x-ray: as i said in that quote u posted, it will increase load and decrease save ( all be it by 1 or 2 milliseconds ). Also that is the only if that needs to be removed:

Code:
		public void CheckWanderer()
		{
			if ( Wanderer == null )
				return;
			if ( this.Mobiles.Count == 0 )
			{
				if ( Wanderer != null )
				{
					if ( !Wanderer.Deleted )
						Wanderer.Delete();
					Wanderer = null;
			                       }
			}
			for ( int i = 0; i < Mobiles.Count; ++i )
			{
				if ( Mobiles[ i ] is PlayerMobile )
				{
					if ( ((PlayerMobile)Mobiles[ i ]).AccessLevel == AccessLevel.Player && ((PlayerMobile)Mobiles[ i ]).CheckAlive() )
						return;
				}
			}
			if ( Wanderer != null )
			{
				if ( !Wanderer.Deleted )
					Wanderer.Delete();
				Wanderer = null;
			}
		}

if you remove the first one you have:

Code:
		public void CheckWanderer()
		{
			if ( Wanderer == null )
				return;
			{
				if ( !Wanderer.Deleted )
					Wanderer.Delete();
				Wanderer = null;
			}
			for ( int i = 0; i < Mobiles.Count; ++i )
			{
				if ( Mobiles[ i ] is PlayerMobile )
				{
					if ( ((PlayerMobile)Mobiles[ i ]).AccessLevel == AccessLevel.Player && ((PlayerMobile)Mobiles[ i ]).CheckAlive() )
						return;
				}
			}
			if ( Wanderer != null )
			{
				if ( !Wanderer.Deleted )
					Wanderer.Delete();
				Wanderer = null;
			}
		}

and look at this part:
Code:
			{
				if ( !Wanderer.Deleted )
					Wanderer.Delete();
				Wanderer = null;
			}
if this part is executed, then Wanderer will be = null, so we look further down in the script:

Code:
			}
			if ( Wanderer != null )
			{
				if ( !Wanderer.Deleted )
					Wanderer.Delete();
				Wanderer = null;
			}
if the Wanderer != null IF statement wasnt there, and wander = null ( as i showed possible above ) then it would cause a crash, that is why that if statement is needed. I think if i thought about it for awhile there might be a slightly more efficient way to do this, but it works and isnt called very often so it doesnt matter that much ( although if it was part of the main system i would attempt to improve it ).

I hope this answers everyones questions, if not, please post back.

please forgive me for bn thick but i would like to try this script theres one problem...... where on earth do you add the script.... i downloaded it to desk top but theres no instructions where to add it to.... im a compleat greener than green learner so all help would b greatfully received :eek:

sirbum69

Wanderer
ok well i placed this script in my customs folder and i restarted and my poisen room still has nothing in it...is this because i used my admin char to go in there...

the spot on the floor still has a missing tile....or do i have to get 5 ppl togeather and do the puzzle first.mm

Kamron

Knight
Soley on the basis that the author cannot spell puzzle properly, I would have to say that people should not use this script. Oh and I tried it, and its coded very poorly.

Plus this script is not supported anymore anyways.

sirbum69

Wanderer
well i found the room...but saw no poisen in it...tho this could be bacause i teleported in and didnt actully do the puzzle with 5 char.

but the rares are in there...tho i think those were spawned with another script that i used.

will_man

Sorceror
The script only responds to players ( in the room ) not staff ( unless you wanted to be poisoned :) ).

I just looked at the files i had uploaded and realised one was totally not needed, it was part of the projects for the other poison room in doom that somehow got up there as well, it doesnt do anything.

This script was made 6 months ago, and while it is not made the best it could ( as XxSP1DERxX said, the coding wasnt very good ) it gets the job done.

XxSP1DERxX has contated me to say he has heavily modified it, to make it cleaner ( and get rid of my awful spelling :D ) so i expect he will be releasing it shortly ( if he doesnt then I probably will release his version giving the credit for it, providing thats ok by him ).

sirbum69

Wanderer
yeh i just found out that alot of things dont happen lol when i test things as a admin...

until some showed me the cloak that comes with xmlspawner...it turns you to a player right off lol...makes testing alot easier

Problem

So the only thing you half to do to make this work is drop it into your custom folder, well I did that and I seem to have a problem with the poisen room becasue when I go in there the only thing that spawns is liches and nothing eles and has wooden doors to enter.:\

bzk90

Lord
this script is old, it is in the archive because it is old, this script propably doesnt function properly, the scripter might still be here, he might not.

it would be wise to only use scripts from the script submision forum as archived scripts are mostly designed for outdated runuo versions

will_man

Sorceror
yes I am still here, yes the script does still work ( as far as im aware of ), and yes it is old, and no it hasnt been re-released.

If you want a working system, then, well, this works (and if it dont, tell me and i will fix it ), please do NOT comment on the script if you have not tried it ( or at least looked at the code ), its in archives, i dont look at it much myself, what else can I say?

*note* so its spelt quite badly, but seriously are some Spelling mistakes in names ( note not namespaces or class or attribute or method names ) really enough to say "bad script, bad scripter, stay clear"?