RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dynamic Race/Class System.

EchoEcho

Sorceror
It doesnt include races, it is a customizable system thats lets you, the admin add any races and classes that you want.

Read the description in the original post for information on how to operate the system and add races and classes.

EchoEcho

Sorceror
Version 2.0 will be released tommorow.

Includes:

- Shapeshifting
- Spellbook Restricting
- Weapon/Armor Restricting
- Ability to safetly change the name of a Race, Class or Bonus Pack

Genser

Wanderer
Error's when installed?

RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (2 errors, 4 warnings)
- Warning: Scripts\Custom\Race Class System\Commands\RCCommands.cs: CS0168: (line 549, column 22) The variable '
k' is declared but never used
- Warning: Scripts\Custom\Race Class System\Commands\RCCommands.cs: CS0168: (line 574, column 22) The variable '
k' is declared but never used
- Error: Scripts\Custom\Race Class System\Modified\Spellbook.cs: CS0246: (line 503, column 24) The type or names
pace name 'SpellRestrictions' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
- Error: Scripts\Custom\Race Class System\Modified\Spellbook.cs: CS0246: (line 585, column 28) The type or names
pace name 'SpellRestrictions' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
- Warning: Scripts\Custom\motd.cs: CS0183: (line 208, column 47) The given expression is always of the provided
('Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile') type
- Warning: Scripts\Spells\Base\Spell.cs: CS0162: (line 171, column 4) Unreachable code detected
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Can someone help me out with the error's I'm getting?

The Riddler

Wanderer
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (2 errors, 2 warnings)
- Warning: Scripts\Commands\RCCommands.cs: CS0168: (line 549, column 22) The va
riable 'k' is declared but never used
- Warning: Scripts\Commands\RCCommands.cs: CS0168: (line 574, column 22) The va
- Error: Scripts\Items\Skill Items\Magical\Spellbook.cs: CS0246: (line 503, col
umn 24) The type or namespace name 'SpellRestrictions' could not be found (are y
ou missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
- Error: Scripts\Items\Skill Items\Magical\Spellbook.cs: CS0246: (line 585, col
umn 28) The type or namespace name 'SpellRestrictions' could not be found (are y

Help us :)

Genser

Wanderer
The Riddler said:
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (2 errors, 2 warnings)
- Warning: Scripts\Commands\RCCommands.cs: CS0168: (line 549, column 22) The va
- Warning: Scripts\Commands\RCCommands.cs: CS0168: (line 574, column 22) The va
- Error: Scripts\Items\Skill Items\Magical\Spellbook.cs: CS0246: (line 503, col
umn 24) The type or namespace name 'SpellRestrictions' could not be found (are y
- Error: Scripts\Items\Skill Items\Magical\Spellbook.cs: CS0246: (line 585, col
umn 28) The type or namespace name 'SpellRestrictions' could not be found (are y

Help us :)

I edited it out lines 503 and 585 in the spellbook.cs and it worked
Hope that helps

EchoEcho

Sorceror
Sorry; Your guys problem is my Spellbook.cs provided has been edited for AllSpells

Simply copy and paste the Section marked by

/****************Dynamic Race Class System 2.0*******************/

CODE

/************************************************************/

into your un changed spellbook.cs

EchoEcho

Sorceror
Hey if Anyone who is using this wants to send me the name of their shard, or a link, I am interested in comming on some shards and checking out how people have used this system.

Alis

Wanderer
yeap i discussed you for the master additions make a basic culture that could be modifiable :) this will make it way too.. much more greater then it is..

kirax2

Wanderer
Since you asked for suggestions... ^_^

I posted something in Subscriber chat about this, where it dropped like a very stone. However, I still think it's a good idea, so...

I'd like to see a system of player-selectable "Restrictions" and "Bonuses". For example, say a player wants a bonus, like permanent Nightsight, or an increased skill cap on a particular skill. They can get bonus points by taking restrictions, such as decreased resistance to a particular type of damage, perhaps, or a decreased skill cap on another skill. I can think of many types of bonuses and restrictions that could be added. Of course, there would need to be a max amount of bonus points one could spend increasing the cap of any particular stat/skill/resistance, so that players wouldn't go crazy with it. It would require a certain amount of balancing.

What would be the point? Well, it would be great for RP shards where people want to make their character more realistic. For example, suppose I made a thief character and chose swordsmanship as one of my skills. However, I chose to restrict swords and axes, so my character could only use knives (BaseKnife) for weapons. Those two restrictions would give me points that I could spend on bonuses, such as increasing my stealth cap or my resistance to poison or something.

Perhaps an option would be to spend points for a better starting position, with more gold, house deed, etc (for a character conceived as a noble). Lots of possibilities. Anyway, you see what I'm getting at. If there was something that kept track of Bonus Points, players could even choose to get rid of bonuses and restrictions mid-game and choose new ones, otherwise they would be stuck with whatever they chose at the beginning. You could have a "cannot attack when mounted" restriction, or a "can ONLY attack when mounted" restriction (for cavalry characters - this should probably actually start with a mount).

I know it would probably be a difficult system to write, and I don't know how well it would fit in with your current dynamic, flexible system. However, I just wanted to throw it out there as a possibility. ^_~

-Janice
aka kirax2

Castel

Wanderer
I have recently installed this script and so far it seems like a great script. However I did have 2 questions. First off is it possible to modify the script so it offers the player a race title as well as a skill title so for example you would have "Bob the Elf, Master Mage"

The other thing I would like to do is modify the amount of restricted skills for a class, basically to have the option to restrict every skill except for the primaries+1. So if a character made a mage, they would get their primary mage set of skills and the option to choose 1 weapon skill as a secondary.

I know I can set it to do what I need if I can increase the number of restricted skills from 10 to whatever. Now I am a major amateur to scripting but looking at the addclassgump.cs script it seems I could just edit the following lines to the numbers I want to change it to. What I would like to know is if these are the correct lines and if I am missing anything or if this will cause problems with the script.

Line 791 for the description

Code:
 AddLabel( 215, 11, 0, "Restricted Skills (Maximum of 10)");

Line 850 for the restriction cap
Code:
  if (c_orb.Amount_Restricted != 10){

EchoEcho

Sorceror
Actually, changing the amount of restricted skills would require editing a few scripts. I'll have to look into the script files to ensure exactly which ones need editing and get back to you.

Ok as far as I can see, AddClassGump as you pointed out needs to be edited and ClassOrb.cs needs to be edited in 3 places. At Varibale declaration, and Serialization, Deserialization.

That should expand the amount of restricted skills.

As for the title thing, Im sure it could be added. RaceGump.cs would be the easiest place to add such an addition.

Castel

Wanderer
Echo thanks for the prompt reply. and pointing me in the right direction. After editing 3 places in classorb.cs and addclassgump.cs I got the cap to work without crashing my test server hehe. Now to start working on adding custom titles, this seems like it is going to be a little more tricky

Two quick questions...

1) Can I use the race system without using the class system?

2) Can I use any of this on a PreAoS shard?

Thanks for reading.

Thrain

Wanderer
HonestGabriel said:
1) Can I use the race system without using the class system?

2) Can I use any of this on a PreAoS shard?

Thanks for reading.

Thats what i'm looking for to, but i need to be able to have restrictions on skills and stats for the race. started to work on my own script but since i dont know squate about coding i havent gotten further than making a few tables inn a databse :/

but would be nice if you could skipp classes and just have a pure race system.

other than that i really like this script.

PS: would be nice if you could get a scroll bar in race description so you could have longer descriptions of the races.

Moracai

Wanderer
*Stands up and applauds*
I just installed this tonight, followed your instructions, and it ran with no errors first try!
This is a beautiful script, I love the way it is so easily customizable. We are giving the players a chance to design their own dream race, which will add a tremendous amount of variety to our world.
Thank you very much for this excellent script.

EchoEcho

Sorceror
Pre AOS Shard should be fine.

As for Race System without Class system, currently they are quite intertwined.

In the future I may re-work the code to make one work without the other, but as of now I can offer a work around solution.

Create all your races, then using the Class system, create All your races again with the restrictions you want for the races.

EXAMPLE:

[addrace say a Dwarf race, set the hues, name, desc, ect.

then

[addclass a Dwarf Class, set the restrictions, Primaries, ect.

Then using [restrictclass set it so the Dwarf Race Can ONLY pick the Dwarf Class.

This should be a fix for what it sounds like you are trying to do.