RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dynamic Race/Class System.

sisi

Wanderer
Help me !!!

I get an error can someone fix it?:
- Error:Scripts\Misc\AOS.cs: CS0117: <line 254,column 28> 'Server.Items.Spellbook' does not contain a definition for 'Attributes'
- Error:Scripts\Spells\Base\SpellHelper.cs: CS0117: <line 684,column 85> 'Server.Items.Spellbook' does not contain a definition for 'Slayer'
- Warning: Scripts\Race Class System\Commands\RCCOmmands.cs: CS0168: <line 549,column 22> The variable 'k" is declared but never used
- Warning: Scripts\Race Class System\Commands\RCCOmmands.cs: CS0168: <line 574,column 22> The variable 'k" is declared but never used

EchoEcho

Sorceror
Are your AOS.cs and SpellHelper.cs modified? If so, you need to use you original SpellBook.cs and and my addition.

I checked my SpellHelper.cs and cannot find the references made in your errors.

sisi

Wanderer
Working hard

I made a hole new surver with spawn system and i added the Race\Class System but its very hard do make some races i am working on it but 10x for the help if you can tell me something more about the race sistem whit this stones i beomed crazzy :p

Darkblade

Wanderer
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (7 errors, 0 warnings)
- Error: Scripts\Engines\CannedEvil\HarrowerGate.cs: CS0246: (line 6, column 30
) The type or namespace name 'Moongate' could not be found (are you missing a us
ing directive or an assembly reference?)
- Error: Scripts\Engines\CannedEvil\StarRoomGate.cs: CS0246: (line 6, column 30
) The type or namespace name 'Moongate' could not be found (are you missing a us
ing directive or an assembly reference?)
- Error: Scripts\Engines\Quests\Core\Items\HornOfRetreat.cs: CS0246: (line 143,
column 39) The type or namespace name 'Moongate' could not be found (are you mi
ssing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
- Error: Scripts\Items\Misc\MoonstoneGate.cs: CS0246: (line 8, column 31) The t
ype or namespace name 'Moongate' could not be found (are you missing a using dir
ective or an assembly reference?)
- Error: Scripts\Spells\Seventh\GateTravel.cs: CS0246: (line 123, column 32) Th
e type or namespace name 'Moongate' could not be found (are you missing a using
directive or an assembly reference?)
- Error: Scripts\Spells\Sixth\Mark.cs: CS0246: (line 38, column 23) The type or
namespace name 'RecallRune' could not be found (are you missing a using directi
ve or an assembly reference?)
- Error: Scripts\Items\Containers\MarkContainer.cs: CS0246: (line 198, column 2
1) The type or namespace name 'RecallRune' could not be found (are you missing a
using directive or an assembly reference?)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

missing something called Moongate and Recall Rune ? when i load the script

Joeku

Lord
Good job on this script man.
I have a suggestion though...
It would be neat to have an option (only admins be able to change) that would change whether the players have a permanent bodymod or they have to use the shapeshift command.

EchoEcho

Sorceror
To DarkBlade, the system does not edit any of those files.

I dont understand where these errors are comming from, it pretty much a drop in system with minor additions to 4 files.

If those 4 files have ever been editted before for any scripts for have to Manually add the additions.

Darkblade

Wanderer
It part of your scripts >.< I havent installed anything ; ; all i did was install fresh RunUO 1.0.0 and then installed ur script but keeps giving me errors

EchoEcho

Sorceror
To Darkblade:

I'm not trying to be an ass here or anything, but you must have done something different then the instructions say.

I just, just now did a Clean install of RunUO 1.0.0, and dropped my system in the Custom folder, deleted the original SkillCheck.cs, Spellbook.cs, BaseArmor.cs and BaseWeapon.cs and made the change to playermobile.

It worked fine on the first compile.

The scripts you are getting errors with are not part of my system, they are not editted in my system. And reading the base scripts I just installed, the errors you are getting point to lines in both those scripts that you have editted or replaced, because the scripts I installed fresh do not mention Moongate or anything on those lines.

I am sorry you are getting errors, but once again, follow the instructions and it should work fine.

A clean install simply requires the system to be dropped in and the 4 scripts to be replaced.

AdminVile

Sorceror
Suggestion

One thing i think would be really cool (after reading through all this i cant remember if it was already suggested or not really tired) on my shard we have several different types of crafting systems like artifact crafting. How hard would it be to make certain items unusable by specific races or classes?ex. Make it where Elve's could use artifact crafting Tongs but humans could not use them??

And by the way excellent job on the system. Ya should see my staffs suggestions for classes and races.;)

Edit: um i got yer system installed and got my classes and races all set up and everytime someone equiped a weapon my server crashed. I put my old base weapon cs back into the files and it stopped. Is there something im overlooking here?

EchoEcho

Sorceror
To AdminVile,

Weapons crash the server but armours don't?

Just want to confirm, cause you said you put for old baseweapon in but didnt say anything about basearmor.

Also if you could post the crash log it would be helpfull.

AdminVile

Sorceror
EchoEcho said:
To AdminVile,

Weapons crash the server but armours don't?

Just want to confirm, cause you said you put for old baseweapon in but didnt say anything about basearmor.

Also if you could post the crash log it would be helpfull.

armor and weapons both crashed the server constantly once i activated the system so i took it out. Id love to see this system working it seems pretty cool. As far as the crash logs i cleaned my computer before reading this but ill look and see if i can find a copy i sent to friend who was trying to help me fix it

AdminVile

Sorceror
PHP:
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Server.Items.BaseWeapon.CanEquip(Mobile from)
   at Server.Mobile.EquipItem(Item item)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.EquipReq(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

here is the crash log from equiping weapons the one with the armor was identical except all refrences of baseweapon were Basearmor

mixiel

Wanderer
thanksq

Great system, I do have to give a THANKS.
I have one problem, I am done with everything but missed one thing.
The race control orb that was suppose to be in the chest is not there anymore. Bad thing about that is I haven't set that location thing to true so that when they have chosen the race and class they get transported to the spot they are suppose to.
Now they just sit there after they are done.
Is there anything I can do to change this?

EchoEcho

Sorceror
Not there anymore? Where did it go?

Anyways currently the only way to fix that would be to [rcremove the system and [rcbegin it again...

mixiel

Wanderer
Well, I removed it and began it again.
I opened the chest and my race pack was not there, but my class pack was.
I went about creating a sample race to see if the controller would appear. It didn't.
I than removed that one, redownloaded the system and put it in again.
Tried it again, samething.
All my race stuff is gone... I have no idea how this could happened, I did not mess with anything, and even redownloaded it...

EchoEcho

Sorceror
When the system is created the items all stack in the chest....

So have you tried moving around the items to see if its hiding underneath the class bag?

mixiel

Wanderer
OK well yeah it was all stacked. Yeah, feel stupid...
BUT came up with a few new problems.
I made 5 races and 7 classes.
I set the chest to true so that people go to it when they start.
I set the race control to true on the location.
Now when someone finishes choosing the class and teleport to the place they are suppose to, their stats have not changed at all. They are the same as when they came into the shard. The skill caps also have not changed.
I looked through the class controller to see if something needed to be set to true or something, but couldn't see anything. What am I missing?