RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dynamic Race/Class System.

EchoEcho

Sorceror
Umm, I dont know what to say about that...

Anyone wlse experiencing this problem?

I mean, I read the script and the script that sets caps and stats has not been changed since v1.3 and has been tested extensively.

They teleport after they pick there class?

Because the should pick secondary and teritary skills aswell.

mixiel

Wanderer
Yeah they do pick their sec and tet skills, then teleport.
I actually got the skill part working... Somehow. They now have the skills I set the class to.
Just still have to figure out why their stats aren't changing.
Their stats stay the same from when they make their char before entering.
There is nothing you can tell me off the top of your head that might of turned this off?
(Thanks for the prompt replies by the way!)

mixiel

Wanderer
K got it working. It was the account that had to be young not just a char. So an admin changing a char to young then, them choosing doesn't work.
I am having lots of fun with it.
For the next release it would be very cool to have something to permenantly change the person's body into a creature or animal.
Right now I have 2 shapeshifting Races and one race that I want to be a Lizardman race. Right now they are just green, but it would be cool to have them look like a lizardman.
Or like the elves having the bod of a savage.
It would be much better having this than a title to say what the person is. Mainly because it will be clearly visible what race they are, which I like much better.
Just an idea.
I will give you credit on my shard for your system!

Harmonic

Sorceror
A couple suggestions, maybe? :)

Since you asked for suggestions, here's what I'd personally love to see (not that it isn't FANTASTIC as-is):

1. Like Joeku said, an option to set permanent bodymods would be great, as my shard has a few non-human races (centaur, orc, gargoyle, etc.). Speaking of centaurs, would there be a way of allowing them to travel as quickly as a horse, maybe via an invisible mount or such?

2. Maybe an option for various 'racial' abilities, such as nightsight, increased strength, resistance, etc.

3. Finally, perhaps an option to restrict/force certain hair/beard styles, since we don't really like our elves to have beards. :)

I know, I know, I'm being a royal pain asking...this system is AWESOME now, but these features would make it PERFECT for my shard. Even if you decide not to bother, I'd still like to say thanks. :)

A_Li_N

Knight
I have PMed you with a couple suggestions and just wanted to make sure you got it. (It contains some more stuff than suggestions)

poetawd

Wanderer
I don´t get it, where is the class control?? is it the chest ???

I want to change the skill caps but i don´t know where is the class control...

:confused:

PLZ TELL WHAT IT IS

Tnx

mike01970

Wanderer
Id reccomend making it so other players know what you are, example, if your class is Druid, and your race is dwarf, and your name is Dard, make it say Dard The Dwarven Druid

P

PoolMan

Powerscrolls override the caps on the secondary and lower skills. so you can raise all skills to 120 with powerscrolls :(

ucc

Wanderer
is there anyway to set it so on your name it says like for example Jonny (Human) or Holly (Wood Elf) ?

ucc

Wanderer
EchoEcho said:
Yes...remove powerscrolls? may work...

What? How is that going to make the name show up,, also the Class is buged to hell everytime I add a class it is messed up

I ask for the STR DEX and INT I put 50 50 15 then it ask for the cap and I put 130 125 45 and Then also it tells be to say the skill cap and I put 120. but when ever testing and I selected a race it makes my Str 130 125 45 instead of 50 50 15 and it makes my skill cap 120 and also sets the skill at 120, Im not sure if it is soupose to do this or not?

m_tallos

Wanderer
Player_Equip =- True

I implemented the stystem..created one race, and five classes, and that part works great..the skill stuff looks like it is set properly...etc, However..I added items to the equip and the items bags of my 'Warrior' classe, so that when a warrior was started he would get the basic 'newbie set' that I created for that class, and it does not palce the items on the character, delete the olds stuff, or add the new items to the back pack.

I placed items i nthe restrict bags and they work great, they just wont copy the items over from Items and equip. What might cause this?

And yes..I did check Player_Equip and it is set to true.....

Thanks in advance.

EchoEcho

Sorceror
ucc:

That response was to another question, not the one about Titles, the one about Powerscrolls.

I have already stated that titles are planned for the future, but I lack time to fully finish the next version right now. Patience....

Also the problems your having are not normal. That portion of the script has been tested extensively. I don know what you are doing exactly, but the script has no portion where it sets skills based on your caps. It has one part where it sets skills based on the start_skill_value in class control. But never is there any code that will set a skill to the cap.

The only way it would set your skill yo 120 is if it was OVER 120 when you used the stone. This is simply a cap check function that will set all skills over the cap to the cap. The same goes with the stats. If you are Not "Young" it will not set your skill values at all, unless they are above the caps you set. Then it will set them to the cap.

Without more information I can do nothing to help you.

M_tallos: If the player using the stone is not "Young" then it will not dress them.

The "Young" check was put in as a simple way for vetern and existing players to use the stone on an established shard without losing all their items, skills and stats.

If you want a vetern to lose this stuff, simply type [set young true

ucc

Wanderer
I used [addclass and it ask for the STR/INT/DEX then ask for the CAP I put 50 50 15 for the Str Dex Int then it ask for the cap and I put 130 125 40 and went throught all the rest but when I tested it the race works fine but when I select the class and click I wnana be this class it gives me 130 str 125 dex and 40 int... also with the skills where it ask you to set the Cap I put say Black smith at 120 cap and when I click I wanna be this class it makes my blacksmith skill 120

EchoEcho

Sorceror
UCC: Ok, not trying to be rude here but I'll say it again. The ONLy place in the code that sets yours current skill VALUE to the skill CAP and the Stat VALUE to the Stat CAP is a safety feature if your skills before using the stone were ABOVE the cap.

Check the "Blacksmithy" before you use the stone, if the value is over 120, it will set it down to the cap at 120.

There is no where in the code that will set the Blacksmithy or any other skill to the cap.

It can't be a bug, as it is immpossible because the code to do such just doesn't exist.

ucc

Wanderer
you wanna get on my shard and do it? because I didnt change anytime All I did was added a class :confused:

Ravenhart

Wanderer
What edit in ......

Basearmor and baseweapo.cs
I can't find anything what i can paste into.

Thx for Help
Ravenhart