RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dynamic Race/Class System.

EchoEcho

Sorceror
It runs with Daats system fine.

It is essentially a stand alone system with *minor* additions to 4 files.

The ONLY files that need be editted are

BaseArmour
BaseWeapon
SpellBook
SkillCheck

If you Have a system like Daats that edits these files already, simply open your file that is editted for Daats system, and copy and paste the addition from the scripts I provided. The additions are clearly marked with comments.

This system has run on a shard with AllSpells, Daats system and many other systems in place.

Any errors you get are from not properly editting the files.

Pyro-Tech

Knight
I was looking at this system and found it very well done for what i wanted...except, i was wanting to do skill and stat caps based off of races...i can in a way do it by making a "class" and make it where each race can only pick the same class race...but once i got over 5 races, it wouldn't work anymore....is there a way to do it where i can make it where each race can only pick one class? thus giving me the same effect as if your race affected your skill/stat caps?

or would there be a better system suited for what i was wanting to do?

Thanks guys

Ajantis

Wanderer
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It runs with Daats system fine.

It is essentially a stand alone system with *minor* additions to 4 files.

The ONLY files that need be editted are

BaseArmour
BaseWeapon
SpellBook
SkillCheck

If you Have a system like Daats that edits these files already, simply open your file that is editted for Daats system, and copy and paste the addition from the scripts I provided. The additions are clearly marked with comments.

This system has run on a shard with AllSpells, Daats system and many other systems in place.

Any errors you get are from not properly editting the files.

I have check all four .cs and found not evident difference between the ones I already have and the ones in the modified folder....except that I have the extra ores from Daat.

I saw NO comments regarding what needs to be added or changed, much less anything in relation to races. So how can I get these to wotk with the Daat system without getting errors? Thanks.

EchoEcho

Sorceror
Pyro here is the easiest solution to what you want to do:

On each of the following lines, change 5 to the amount of classes you want to restrict. (Amount of races you have maybe, or some number like 20, 50, doesn't matter)

In RaceOrb.cs

- Line 29
- Line 200
- Line 247

In RaceGump.cs

- Line 321
- Line 343

In RestrictedClassGump.cs

- Line 124
- Line 146
- Line 188
- Line 189
- Line 202

Try that and get back to me. I just went through the scripts and those are the only places I think the restricted Class portion is used. But it's been awhile since I wrote that part so some may be missing.

EchoEcho

Sorceror
Ajantis:

Remove the system.

Drop the system into your custom folder.

Open The BaseWeapon.cs I provide and Copy the area in comments like this:

/*****************Editted For Blah********************/

blah code

/*************************************************/

Now paste this into the SAME place within your BaseWeapon.cs for Daats system.

(Use Winmerge or something)

Repeat this with BaseArmor, SkillCheck and SpellBook.

Also post the errors you are getting.

EchoEcho

Sorceror
Look, I don't know how else to explain this. This is one of the easiest systems to install around.

"Blah" is a generic word because I don't want to load up the files and copy and paste the exact code.

the Comments I use for this system Look like this

/***************WORDS ARE HERE******************/

CODE IS HERE

/*********************************************/

When I edit a base script, the edit is surrounded by THESE comments.

Also, you have not posted your errors, it is very difficult to help someone when I have no idea what is actually causing the errors.

Ajantis

Wanderer
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (2 errors, 3 warnings)
- Warning: Scripts\Custom\Flesh Craft\Items\PhaseShroud.cs: CS0162: (line 43, c
olumn 4) Unreachable code detected
- Error: Scripts\Items\Skill Items\Magical\Spellbook.cs: CS0246: (line 503, col
umn 24) The type or namespace name 'SpellRestrictions' could not be found (are y
ou missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
- Error: Scripts\Items\Skill Items\Magical\Spellbook.cs: CS0246: (line 585, col
umn 28) The type or namespace name 'SpellRestrictions' could not be found (are y
ou missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
- Warning: Scripts\motd.cs: CS0183: (line 322, column 47) The given expression
is always of the provided ('Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile') type
- Warning: Scripts\motd.cs: CS0219: (line 369, column 8) The variable 'line' is
assigned but its value is never used
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Whats wrong? I copied them all into the files, made sure they were carefully in right place. How can I fix this...I tried many alternatives so far.

EchoEcho

Sorceror
Ok, the SpellBook.cs I provided had edits for AllSpells, I just uploaded a clean version with only my edits.

So redownload the system and replace SpellBook.cs and those erros should be fixed.

Now PhaseShroud.cs and motd.cs have nothing to do with this system, so you'll have to go ask the authors for help ont hose errors.

Ajantis

Wanderer
When you say system, you mean the RaceClass system correct? If so, why would I need to redownload it if I already have a .rar of it??

Ajantis

Wanderer
Nevermind, so many errors its ridiculous. I just had to start over. It works now though with the startover shard.

Thanks for trying to help though.

Ajantis

Wanderer
So basically if I double click on these orbs........I will turn into the race or class? Because right now I am doing that and its not working........whats the problem? Is it because I'm admin??