RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Editing UOP files for the enhanced client

Nalif

Wanderer
I'll walk you through everything:

First I open up legacyTextures.uop. I'm trying to change the graphics of something simple; I want nightshade to look like sulphurous ash. These files are located in block 39. Nightshade is 00003976.dds and sulphurous ash is 00003980.dds .

1) First I extract the graphic for sulphurous ash. Here's a screenshot showing the extracted file with a preview of the image to prove it extracted successfully.

2) Now that the image is extracted, I rename it to the image I want to replace, since I'm assuming they would have to have the same file name. Once the file is renamed, I highlight the file I want to replace in MPE and click "replace selected file in package", browse to the extracted file, and use these settings. I enable Zlib compression ( since I see the other files use it ), and match the path to the original file. Here's a screenshot right before I hit the "Add File" button. It shows the settings I used.

And that's it..once the file is replaced, I save the UOP file and launch UO, making sure to start it from UOSA.exe so that the patcher doesn't replace the file I changed.

Do the official UO servers maybe check the file before loading it, and if it finds the hash incorrect, it refuses to load the file? The classic client obviously doesn't, but maybe the enhanced client does?

Kons.snoK

Sorceror
try extracting the whole package and creating a new one with modified files.
I never used patching of single files, so i can't tell you if it works! :)

PS:"you will not be visible untill a moderator approved your post"? wtf?

milva

Sorceror
Kons.snoK;852764 said:
try extracting the whole package and creating a new one with modified files.
I never used patching of single files, so i can't tell you if it works! :)

PS:"you will not be visible untill a moderator approved your post"? wtf?

I'm getting this same thing whats up with this? any one? tnks!!

Nalif

Wanderer
Kons.snoK;852764 said:
try extracting the whole package and creating a new one with modified files

Is there a utility to recompile all the files into a single UOP, or do I have to manually replace each file :eek: ?

Also, I'm really thinking it's an error in the program that stops it from repackaging the UOP file correctly, based on this experiment:

Open a UOP file in MPE. Don't make any changes. Re-save the file using MPE. The file still shows up corrupted, even though nothing was changed :(

Kons.snoK

Sorceror
Nalif;853023 said:
Is there a utility to recompile all the files into a single UOP, or do I have to manually replace each file :eek: ?

Also, I'm really thinking it's an error in the program that stops it from repackaging the UOP file correctly, based on this experiment:

Open a UOP file in MPE. Don't make any changes. Re-save the file using MPE. The file still shows up corrupted, even though nothing was changed :(

procedure:
get the original
-> unpack the whole package (highlight uop name in listview, then unpack button)
-> change what you need to change
-> open MPE
-> click "new uop"
-> add folder
-> select the folder of modified files (+zlib compression)
-> save as something.uop
-> replace
-> start uosa.exe

Always worked with me :)

Nalif

Wanderer
Adding an entire folder doesn't seem to work properly, either. It creates 3 blocks, and some of the blocks have over 1000 files? Do I have to manually do each block?

Kons.snoK

Sorceror
Nalif;853236 said:
Adding an entire folder doesn't seem to work properly, either. It creates 3 blocks, and some of the blocks have over 1000 files? Do I have to manually do each block?

are you using the last version of mpe?!?

Obsidian Fire

Sorceror
I have 2 questions... 1) How do I display (graphic program) *.DDS files. and/or 2) How do I convert *.DDS file to *.BMPs. Thanks

Vorspire

Knight
I have 2 questions... 1) How do I display (graphic program) *.DDS files. and/or 2) How do I convert *.DDS file to *.BMPs. Thanks

In Windows 7, Right-Click the image file and select "Convert to File Format" - the default output is actually a DDS file, so it stands to reason you should be able to convert to another standard format.

Obsidian Fire

Sorceror
I run Windows 7 Ultimate and when I R-Click on it I don't have a "Convert to " Option of any kind. I did find a Plugin from Nvidia for my PhotoShop. Thanks :)