RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ETCH-A-SKETCH VERSION OF UO - JOIN THE TEAM NOW!

sidsid

Sorceror
I've made some totally l33t scriptz0rz for this project. The first is a dagger that is exactly like a distro dagger, but i made it a l33t color. The second is a robe that is name "a w00tzer shroud". I also signed my name to the top of the etch a sketch screen to make it look like I created the entire program myself.

bzk90

Lord
i was around with my original account when this started several months ago, i then left runuo for a bit, im stil confused...this is a joke right? if its not where can i dl it or get some screeenshots

KillerBeeZ

Knight
bzk90 said:
i was around with my original account when this started several months ago, i then left runuo for a bit, im stil confused...this is a joke right? if its not where can i dl it or get some screeenshots

dude... tell me, how are you going to run UO on an Etch a Sketch?

yes its a joke.

mr_wuss said:
does this require .NET ?
can this work with mono?
can this work with beta 36?

can you make it work on my computer, i cant read instructions..or manuals....or look at pictures.

thx n advanc yo, yo yo dog in the hizouse!

/had my fun

Yes you need .Net but the special EaS version

No mono at this time, its too buggy still

This program is different than the RunUO project, so the version numbers are also different. Last time I checked this RunEaS project is on Beta 12

Tylius

Sorceror
Nope, we won't be able to set it up on your computer, but, we can help you set it up on your EtchaSketch if you own one, if not you should be able to buy one for fairly cheap. I don't know if it's backwards compatible with B36, you'd have to try it and see

Punnikin

Wanderer
Good Lord... I started this thread over a year ago, ended up leaving for months and months, and today I decided to browse the RunUO site and saw it as a "Hot Topic". I am, to say the least, astounded. Astounded and disturbed.
I gave up on this project when it was discovered that the Etch-A-Sketch caused cancer in laboratory rats. Granted, they were force-fed the silver stuff inside, and equivalent to a human eating 24 lbs of silver Etch-A-Dust every day for 17 years, but it still scared me away from the project as I am frail and eat a lot of stuff I can't identify.
Besides that, I got a TRS-80 and it's way better than the Etch-A-Sketch. I get shocks from it sometimes, but that's all part of the fun.

-speakandspell

bzk90

Lord
i always figured that it was a uo client that was in blackand white with etch a sketch kind of graphix...boy do i feel stupid

David we could likely do a port to your Commodore 64, but it would require that you have a cassette drive for the transfer, and you would be responsible for bringing it up to the 16 color standard. As for the TRS 80, it is likely that it could be ported to that platform as well but i am quite sure it would take several 5 1/4 floppies.

Voran

Wanderer
Yes! I managed this with mine, but it's quite pricey. The procedure is as follows:

Equipment:
1 instant camera
1 tv set
1 monkey

You need to remove the innards from the television set, and replace with monkey (after much experimentation, placing this in the microwave for 2.5 seconds to ensure correct monkey irradiation is necessary). You then set your polaroid up over the etch-a-sketch, and set the self timer. You can then give the photos to the monkey every time the camera takes one, and he'll hold it up to the srceen. Now, it's vitally improtant you irradiate the monkey, or he won't work fast enough.

tejster24

Sorceror
Voran said:
Yes! I managed this with mine, but it's quite pricey. The procedure is as follows:

Equipment:
1 instant camera
1 tv set
1 monkey

You need to remove the innards from the television set, and replace with monkey (after much experimentation, placing this in the microwave for 2.5 seconds to ensure correct monkey irradiation is necessary). You then set your polaroid up over the etch-a-sketch, and set the self timer. You can then give the photos to the monkey every time the camera takes one, and he'll hold it up to the srceen. Now, it's vitally improtant you irradiate the monkey, or he won't work fast enough.
I used a non irradiated monkey, it was too slow - how do we irradiate the monkey witout a microwave?

Voran

Wanderer
I found that feeding them 300 grammes of the aforementioned silver stuff from the etch-a-sketch actually has the same effect, but it will make them bald and bright green.

KillerBeeZ

Knight
Voran said:
I found that feeding them 300 grammes of the aforementioned silver stuff from the etch-a-sketch actually has the same effect, but it will make them bald and bright green.

the bald and bright green part is no biggie as you will only see this when the monkey changes images...

but if that bothers you, add a tsp of Chilli powder to the silver stuff. It will boost the monkey refresh rate from 1 to 2 Hz on up to 12 to 15 Hz, so you will never see the monkey.

I actually tried this with a few other farm animals and found that if you don't have a monkey, you can use either a real smart chicken or even a duck. though you will have to double the silver stuff in the case of the duck.

WARNING if you use the chicken, do NOT use the chilli powder as it will cause irritation and you will get a crappy image (the chicken will start pecking through the polaroid) instead, use cyan pepper