RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ETCH-A-SKETCH VERSION OF UO - JOIN THE TEAM NOW!

psz

Administrator
You should draw some "attaching" lines to make it look legit ;->

(And make the background grey, not white) ;->

Tylius

Sorceror
I'm sure it's legit, he just cleaned up the screenshot for us ;)
Does your EaS have a printer attached to it?

Tylius said:
I'm sure it's legit, he just cleaned up the screenshot for us ;)
Does your EaS have a printer attached to it?

Thats exactly what I did.
For the please of those who like the purity of the EaS, heres an actual screenie with no editing.

I found that using the old Gameboy Printer works, but you need to change the thermal printing for lumps of coal, and place it in the oven for half an hour. I found that Quantos' kevlar worked best for this, although it took me several attempts to connect the printer into the EaS without reseting it. It seems however I left it in for about 40 minutes so you'll have to excuse the quality though, it seems a bit too burnt through. :oops:

At least now we shouldn't have to worry about incorrect deserialization...
We just pick it up and shake it

E.A.S goes wireless....... Thats right, take your E.A.S on the road now.

All that is needed to complete this is an old build your own crystal radio kit (these used to be available at any RS)

1. Build Crystal Radio Reciever acording to plans.

2. Attach E.A.S directly to Radio with the aid of Bazoka Bubble gum.

3. Place in Microwave to supercharge the Reciever crystal

disclaimer.... EASUO is not responsible to damage to Microwave caused by atempting this. Wireless Internet fees may apply. Developers have aquired the blinding speed of 16 baud with this project

unfazed420

Wanderer
hmm..

Surely we can make it more stable..I'm sure Toys R' Us hasn't completely figured out the system as we have..We can buy one of theirs..clean it up some..remarket it as a new E-a-S UO...fix a few bugs..add some new stuff..and make our money damnit...Unless of course...they have someone on RunUO spying for them... :shock:

Dracolique

Sorceror
Noooo.... Im afraid that Toys R'us got the drop on us.

Oh well, I guess we will have to reverse engineer it to find out how it works, and then create a backyard EAS Emulator to take advantage of all the work that they have done.

This shouldnt be too hard..... I have a bunson burner, an empty bottle of Jagermeister, and the faceplate from a 1974 cadillac deville. So we are pretty much set.

The only forseeable problem is that the Toys R'us version is a late 90's model EAS..... and as far as I know, most of the development so far has been done with the Pre-'78 EAS.

Im sure we can figure it out though.

We'll have to do a chemical analysis of the aluminium powder on the inside to see what is different...

Hmmm, perhaps a possible solution to the fiddly knobs on the etch a sketch.
Since we have both performing something different, we could perhaps re-do it so theres one joystick for each knob.

http://lims.mech.northwestern.edu/~design/mechatronics/2003/Team22/index.htm

Surely we could use that to get ahead of Toys 'R Us?

Cmonkey123

Wanderer
If you had joysticks instead of knobs, the whole thing would be ruined! It would no longer be an etch-a-setch! It would be more like joy-a-setch!

just because it has already been done does not mean it can not be improved upon, for instance does the Toys-R-Us version offer wireless capabliities? Is it Upgradeable?

Cmonkey123

Wanderer
It's very cheaply made. I bought one today and the knobs broke right off when I took it out of the box. There's certainly room for improvement.

Exosys

Wanderer
Not sure if anyone posted this, didn't feel like reading through the 7 pages :).

http://www.etch-a-sketch.com/html/onlineetch.htm

Tylius

Sorceror
E-Gad! They've already made an online version, we've got to work faster people, silverwolfe, we need some more nachos, all-dressed chips, a 24 of heinaken, and some more knobs! Can it be done?

*Walks in and drops keg of Heinekein, 50 bags of chips, a gallon of jalapeños, and enough cheese to fill a bathtub.*

how many knobs should be added.