RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ETCH-A-SKETCH VERSION OF UO - JOIN THE TEAM NOW!

Voran

Wanderer
Help! I dropped mine and lost video - would a new twiddly knob fix this problem, or will I have to get a whole new system?

Feid

Sorceror
Try Ctrl-Alt-Shake... if that doesn't work re-install UO... Check for to make sure the knobs are fully in (who hasn't spent hours on this only to realize the knob is loose?). If that doesn't work, you'll need to download the OS image again and reinstall. It's a litte hard to find a place to download it, but I hear there are some open source ones that are just as good, but they wont run UO, unless you get wine (wine is not an etch-a-sketch), then you can set it up right (or someone claims to have).

Other than that, you'll have to get a new one. Sorry :(

Voran

Wanderer
I have the port working! here's the first pictures of the beta UO-A-Sketch client!

I'm having some problems displaying the new hues, as you can see. Fire cloth seems to be grey, ice cloth seems a bit grey, and the dark green cloak he's wearing seems to be a little off-grey. Any thoughts on how to patch this? I was wondering if a swift shake-reboot might be in order?

Voran

Wanderer
Wow! Such high definition! How did you achieve that? The time-honoured "smearing vegetable oil over the screen" method?

Rooster2

Sorceror
ATTN Fellow E-A-S'ers..

I've been following this thread for some time now. Alas, I have great news for you. It just so happens that at the same time this project began, I also began working on a long-needed here project that'll help you all out immensly, I believe.

The Remote Etch-A-Sketch Admin Console!!!With a few simple tools, I will soon show you how to modify your existing E-A-S (regardless of model, EXCEPT the keychain version) into a remote access system. Now, you can save valuable bits of desktop screen on your shard host box and remote console in with your "gaming rig" whenever you need. How is this done, you ask?? Well, more will come soon, but lets just say a Benzomatic minitorch and clothespins can accompolish alot ;)

Neonbox

Wanderer
well it would be nice if i could mod my E-A-S so i could have that gambler npc and the auction board does anyone know how

Rooster2

Sorceror
I sell the mod for that, actually.. I'll give ya my trade secret, since we're all friends here :)

Go the store, you know, the one that has all those 50 cent items in plastic bubbles.. Find the mini-decks of cards.. Repackage them in shiny red cases, and charge $20 for the gamling add-on. :)

....remember.... here to serve....

Neonbox

Wanderer
whoa dude never thought of trying that thanks

oh btw i have the new mod for EAS users to be able to voicechat i can't give out the secret just yet gotta patent it you know

i'll give you a hint it involvs a long rope

cfaust

Wanderer
I've also been reading this thread for a bit; and someone mentioned not being able to get the remote working for the keychain EaS.

What you do, is your remove the chain and key ring, tie about 6" of the fly fishing line and attach a fishing bobble.

Next you have to take a fork, wrap the handle in aluminum foil, leaving the tines exposed.

Next heat up the tines of the fork, you know the pointy parts, and then while it is still hot force the bobble on to the pointy ends.

Now, this is the most important part, you must find a broken EaS, you need the left Knob, the right one will not work for this mod. You must attach this left knob of the big EaS to the right knob on the keychain EaS.

This is almost important like the last step, you must go to ebay and find a Mac 604 processor, the newer the better but this works with all versions of the 604. You take the 604 and show it to the keychain EaS, while the keychain EaS is distracted, glue the handle of the fork to the rear of the kc EaS.

Now to boot up the ks EaS, tell the EaS you are going to put that 604 in it, it will be so repulsed that it will boot right up. (If you use a G3, G4 or G5 it gets repulsed faster and boots faster).

Quantos

Lord
I'm currently working on a version for my portable Etch a Sketch, it uses kevlar thread so that passing vehicles don't sever my connection. The only problem that I've encountered is that the spool size is finite and thus the distance from my link is finite, any help is appreciated.

psz

Administrator
*shakes his head and wonders why people reply to threads that have been dead for two months...*

Quantos

Lord
Because it's been two months since I've said anything on this thread, and the kevlar will work man, it's incredibly tough to cut :)

Tylius

Sorceror
But the Etch-a-Sketch is so much more powerful!
Read the specs on these babies!

Now the the IMac is coming close, trying to copy the built-in screen, but I believe that we'll get that copyright infringment dealt with our laywers, Apple is going down!

unfazed420

Wanderer
Sweet...

Ok...I wanna make sure that when v1.0 of E-a-S UO comes out..I have a good enough server for it....any idea on what version it'll be MOST compatible with?

Tylius

Sorceror
Just make sure the the examples of the scripts you check out online don't hurt the server, those knobs can be tricky, one slip, and wack, you just sliced off the head of a player

I've partially done a MyEaSUO:

Still in its early stages yet though.
I attempted tejster24's method of higher picture quality but promptly gave up - it was costing me too much to replicate it each time.

Oh, and are factions done yet? :rolleyes: