RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ETCH-A-SKETCH VERSION OF UO - JOIN THE TEAM NOW!

Tylius

Sorceror
*glug glug*

Ok, we got pretty much everything we need, I'd say we need 3 knobs, 2 for the x and y axis, and the 3rd for the z. We may need a fourth though to tune to the frequency of the other clients sending data. Anyone have a way of optimizing that so we're not constantly tuning?

Cmonkey123

Wanderer
Just use this little script:

[code:1]using System;
using EtchaSketchServer;

public class Optimize
{
public static void Main()
{
EtchaSketchServer.Optimize = true;
Console.WriteLine( "Your server has been optimized!" );
}
}[/code:1]

Neonbox

Wanderer
welp looks like there has been a major problem and a great deal of work beeing done on our side since i've been gone glad to be back on the project

well if anyone is still interested my E-A-S UO voicechat system i have tweaked it it turned out it was quit buggy and bloated as the donkey kept eating all the rope
but the new and improved version consists of tacking a 4 foot piece of twine to the left knob of the E-A-S and then attach the other end of the twine to a can preferably a Grape pop can preferably of the Crush brand then cut a hole the size of said can in the side of a wooden rocking horse it can't be metal or else your E-A-S will short out ok then you just yell into the tail end of the rocking horse as loud as you can and what you say "should" be input onto the screen i say should because major testing hasn't been done and so far we've already found that small children sometimes steal the can to sell to recycleing(damn tree huggers) and that is a bit of a bug often solved by adding razorwire(try dipping it in a thick hot sause and let dry in sun) around the can

also good work guys keep fighting the damn toy company's that arn't run by us and nice work on the mobile system and even cleaner work on that wireless job

S

SkyMonkey

Draging up THIS thread was pointless...

...We were trying to make fun of 'RunUO Freeware project' Which was a ripoff of RUO (they 'backward compiled' the code)....

bzk90

Lord
way to go u officialy brought back a thread further then anyone else, this threead was made at the begining of 2004 its almost 2005 this was made before i took my long leave from runuo, people thats bloody redicules, LOCK THIS THREAD PLZ BEFOR SOMONE ELSE BRINGS IT BACK IN ANOTHER 8MONTHS!!

S

SkyMonkey

bzk90 said:
way to go u officialy brought back a thread further then anyone else, this threead was made at the begining of 2004 its almost 2005 this was made before i took my long leave from runuo, people thats bloody redicules, LOCK THIS THREAD PLZ BEFOR SOMONE ELSE BRINGS IT BACK IN ANOTHER 8MONTHS!!

You bitch too much.... :rolleyes:

...and besides I ALLREADY bitched about the person bringing up and OLD thread.

Neonbox

Wanderer
hey this thread was a quite entertaining thread and if you read back i've been in it for a wile an i just was out of runuo for a wile and thought i would bring back some entertaining threads kinda like brining up an old channel on irc

KillerBeeZ

Knight
why do you care if this thread continues? you don't pay RunUO's bills.

anyway...

I am new to this project so maybe I can bring in a few new ideas.

We no longer need worry about Toy's R Us because they are being sued by the Ohio Art Company (the original owners of EaS) for copyright and patent infringement.

I actually had the wireless voice chat working but it only lasted a few hours... the cans just are not made like they used to be... the kevlar held up just fine, but cant say much about the car that hit the line (my fault, I had it going accross the highway)

Anyway, I was able to fix this problem with 2 conk shells and a set of bongo drums. The range is limited to about 500 feet unless you really beat the hell out of the drums, then you might get 650 out of it, for those geeks out there, you might even get 700 feet if you use a few of those paper oil funnels you get at the gas station (be sure its clean).

Also, to install the voice chat, you will need this simple script to interface with the new chat gumps.

VChat.cs
Code:
using System;
using Server;
using Server.EaS;

namespace Server.EaS
{
	public class VoiceChat
	{
		if ( EaS.connection == 0 )
		{
			VoiceChat chat = new( chatgump );
			EaS.connection = 1;
		}
		else if ( EaS.connection == 1 )
		{
			VoiceChat chat = new( chatgump2 );
			EaS.connection = 2;
		}
		else
		{
			EaS.connection = 3;
		}
	}
}

This is for the EaS UO version 1.0 (if you have an earlier version, you will need to edit it a bit)

David

Moderate
I missed part of the thread, did we ever get the keychain version working? I worked for a while on a PocketPC UO client maybe I can port it to the EaS mini's.

No Unfortunately the Key Chain version had to be scrapped, due to the threat of law suits from insurance companies. It seems they were afraid that this version of UO would lead to an increase of rush hour accidents brought about by bored commuters logging on in rush hour traffic. Since the project lacked the funding to retain Johnnie Cochran, we had to back down and scrap the key chain version. :eek:

OH and By the way

BUMP!

David

Moderate
silverwolfe said:
Since the project lacked the funding to retain Johnnie Cochran, we had to back down and scrap the key chain version.

Darn. I guess we hit a BUMP! in the road on that one! :D

D

draco

Thread was made at this time: 09-18-2003, 01:59 AM

Skymonkey wrote at this time: 09-18-2004 01:56 AM

Thats pretty cool ;)

Tylius

Sorceror
Are you seriously asking us if we made a EtchaSketch UO?

Of course we did! We're ironing out a couple of bugs, but so far it's pretty stable. As long as it's surroundings are stable of course, if you move around too much the screen starts to fade and you have to refresh the screen.

Anyone have some of those screenshots from the first few versions? We've got to show this guy how serious we are!

KillerBeeZ

Knight
new concept... AOS for the Etch a sketch globe (remember those?) Imagine playing UO in 3d on your own globe.

There will be a few changes needed for it to work, but nothing major.

You will need to get rid of the kevlar and go with a teflon twine because if you don't, the globe won't turn correctly and the 3d affect will be kinda fake looking.

There are a few new images you will need to download, no biggie there, and of course you will need the newest client.

Some of you might not like AOS, so there are many switches that you can tweek or even turn AOS off in part or completely.

A few issues...

Mounts sometimes don't show as well as they should on some older models. This is due to the weakened controls inside the globe. To combat this, simply take a balloon and rub it in your hair, then cover every surface of your globe, repeat if needed.

If you don't have a balloon, a male long hair cat will work as a substitute

bzk90 said:
so was this project serious? did you guys ever develop etchasketch uo?
:eek:

I can not beleive that you have not heard of this project. It is only the hottest topic in the open source Etch-a-Sketch Community........

sidsid

Sorceror
I am working on an emulator to allow UO etch-a-sketch to run on the BBC Micro. It will require a serial dongle to attach to the etch-a-sketch, however I think the front end will really make it useful, since you can use TURTLE for input!

mr_wuss

Wanderer
does this require .NET ?
can this work with mono?
can this work with beta 36?

can you make it work on my computer, i cant read instructions..or manuals....or look at pictures.

thx n advanc yo, yo yo dog in the hizouse!

/had my fun