RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Evolution Creature System

X

Xanthos

Thanks for the report seanandre.

I have uploaded a new shrink system 1.16 that fixes this problem.

Joeku

Lord
I'm not sure if it's your system or not, but after installing this, every once in a while players get +1 pet Follower slot (i.e. they have 1/5 followers with no pets out). This is getting annoying, and I'm trying to fix it but I don't really know exactly what it is. If anyone has any ideas, please tell me.

Greystar

Wanderer
Just out of curiosity is there any reason why you don't change the system so that its based on when a evo hits another creature... like by using one or both the following methods?
Code:
		public override void AlterMeleeDamageTo( Mobile to, ref int damage )
		{
			base.AlterMeleeDamageTo( to, ref damage ); //added to make sure it finishes being used where it supposed to be used
		}

public override void AlterSpellDamageTo( Mobile to, ref int damage )
		{
			base.AlterSpellDamageTo( to, ref damage ); //added to make sure it finishes being used where it supposed to be used
		}

I just started trying to make a new mobile and was trying differeny evo mods that where self contained and although your system seems to be very stable its MORE then what Im looking for, but I was just curious why you didnt use those... I didnt really think that the Evo's getting hit should increase them where the Evo's doing damage to others should increase them, but maybe I don't have a view of the whole picture... Just a thought.

X

Xanthos

I designed it to work so that they would have to be in harm's way to gain EP. Obviously if they are taking damage they are returning the attack. I just didn't want to encourge a situation where there is no risk to the Evo.

Greystar

Wanderer
Xanthos said:
I designed it to work so that they would have to be in harm's way to gain EP. Obviously if they are taking damage they are returning the attack. I just didn't want to encourge a situation where there is no risk to the Evo.

erm, if they did it this way they would still be in harms way, but that's probably just IMO... I was working on a project that I tested both methods and they seemed to work exactly the same way... It just ment that with my mods they'd get "EP" every time they hit something else instead of every time they where hit by something else... I'm just expiramenting mostly, but thanks for answering my question.

DeepIn

Wanderer
Thank you

Xanthos said:
Ok my guess is you are getting errors about unknown classes or types. In that case use the fully qualified name. For instance a MercenaryDeed is in the Xanthos.Evo namespace, so instead of:

new MercenaryDeed()

you would use:

new Xanthos.Evo.MercenaryDeed()

Thank you for your patience and for sharing a great script.

Jasmin Rain

Wanderer
Evo Question

Is there a way to creat the evos so that they are ridable at age 6 and breedable at age 7? kinda something id like to do with race horses

Lubomir

Wanderer
Evo Hues

I am attempting to establish random hues for for the Evo dragons.

I tried the following modifications to the DragonEvoSpecs.cs script:

Code:
using System;
using Server;

namespace Xanthos.Evo
{
	public sealed class RaelisDragonSpec : BaseEvoSpec
	{
		// This class implements a singleton pattern; meaning that no matter how many times the
		// Instance attribute is used, there will only ever be one of these created in the entire system.
		// Copy this template and give it a new name.  Assign all of the data members of the EvoSpec
		// base class in the constructor.  Your subclass must not be abstract.
		// Never call new on this class, use the Instance attribute to get the instance instead.

RaelisDragonSpec()
		{
			m_Tamable = true;
			m_MinTamingToHatch = 99.9;
			m_PercentFemaleChance = 0.02;	// Made small to limit access to eggs.
			m_GuardianEggOrDeedChance = .01;
			m_AlwaysHappy = false;
			m_ProducesYoung = true;
			m_PregnancyTerm = 0.10;
			m_AbsoluteStatValues = false;
			m_MaxEvoResistance = 100;
			m_MaxTrainingStage = 3;

m_Skills = new SkillName[7] { SkillName.Magery, SkillName.EvalInt, SkillName.Meditation, SkillName.MagicResist,
										  SkillName.Tactics, SkillName.Wrestling, SkillName.Anatomy };
			m_MinSkillValues = new int[7] { 50, 50, 50, 15, 19, 19, 19 };
			m_MaxSkillValues = new int[7] { 120, 120, 110, 110, 100, 100, 100 };

[COLOR="Red"]m_Hue = Utility.RandomList( 1157, 1175, 1172, 1170, 2703, 2473, 2643, 1156, 2704, 2734, 2669, 2621, 2859, 2716, 2791, 2927, 2974, 1161, 2717, 2652, 2821, 2818, 2730, 2670, 2678, 2630, 2641, 2644, 2592, 2543, 2526, 2338, 2339, 1793, 1980, 1983 );[/COLOR]

m_Stages = new BaseEvoStage[] { new RaelisDragonStageOne(), new RaelisDragonStageTwo(),
											  new RaelisDragonStageThree(), new RaelisDragonStageFour(),
											  new RaelisDragonStageFive(), new RaelisDragonStageSix(),
											  new RaelisDragonStageSeven() };
		}

// These next 2 lines facilitate the singleton pattern.  In your subclass only change the
		// BaseEvoSpec class name to your subclass of BaseEvoSpec class name and uncomment both lines.
		public static RaelisDragonSpec Instance { get { return Nested.instance; } }
		class Nested { static Nested() { } internal static readonly RaelisDragonSpec instance = new RaelisDragonSpec();}
	}	

// Define a subclass of BaseEvoStage for each stage in your creature and place them in the
	// array in your subclass of BaseEvoSpec.  See the example classes for how to do this.
	// Your subclass must not be abstract.

public class RaelisDragonStageOne : BaseEvoStage
	{
		public RaelisDragonStageOne()
		{
			EvolutionMessage = "has evolved";
			NextEpThreshold = 25000; EpMinDivisor = 10; EpMaxDivisor = 5; DustMultiplier = 20;
			BaseSoundID = 0xDB;
			BodyValue = 52; ControlSlots = 2; MinTameSkill = 99.9; VirtualArmor = 30;
			[COLOR="Red"]Hue = SetHue;[/COLOR]

DamagesTypes = new ResistanceType[1] { ResistanceType.Physical };
			MinDamages = new int[1] { 100 };
			MaxDamages = new int[1] { 100 };

ResistanceTypes = new ResistanceType[1] { ResistanceType.Physical };
			MinResistances = new int[1] { 15 };
			MaxResistances = new int[1] { 15 };

DamageMin = 11; DamageMax = 17; HitsMin = 200; HitsMax = 250;
			StrMin = 296; StrMax = 325; DexMin = 56; DexMax = 75; IntMin = 76; IntMax = 96;
		}
	}

public class RaelisDragonStageTwo : BaseEvoStage
	{
		public RaelisDragonStageTwo()
		{
			NextEpThreshold = 75000; EpMinDivisor = 20; EpMaxDivisor = 10; DustMultiplier = 20;
			BaseSoundID = 219;
			BodyValue = 89; VirtualArmor = 40;

DamagesTypes = new ResistanceType[5] { ResistanceType.Physical, ResistanceType.Fire, ResistanceType.Cold,
													ResistanceType.Poison, ResistanceType.Energy };
			MinDamages = new int[5] { 100, 25, 25, 25, 25 };
			MaxDamages = new int[5] { 100, 25, 25, 25, 25 };

ResistanceTypes = new ResistanceType[5] { ResistanceType.Physical, ResistanceType.Fire, ResistanceType.Cold,
			MinResistances = new int[5] { 20, 20, 20, 20, 20 };
			MaxResistances = new int[5] { 20, 20, 20, 20, 20 };

DamageMin = 1; DamageMax = 1; HitsMin= 500; HitsMax = 500;
			StrMin = 200; StrMax = 200; DexMin = 20; DexMax = 20; IntMin = 30; IntMax = 30;
		}
	}

public class RaelisDragonStageThree : BaseEvoStage
	{
		public RaelisDragonStageThree()
		{
			NextEpThreshold = 175000; EpMinDivisor = 30; EpMaxDivisor = 20; DustMultiplier = 20;
			BaseSoundID = 0x5A;
			BodyValue = 0xCE; VirtualArmor = 50;

DamagesTypes = null;
			MinDamages = null;
			MaxDamages = null;

ResistanceTypes = new ResistanceType[5] { ResistanceType.Physical, ResistanceType.Fire, ResistanceType.Cold,
			MinResistances = new int[5] { 40, 40, 40, 40, 40 };
			MaxResistances = new int[5] { 40, 40, 40, 40, 40 };

DamageMin = 1; DamageMax = 1; HitsMin= 100; HitsMax = 100;
			StrMin = 100; StrMax = 100; DexMin = 10; DexMax = 10; IntMin = 20; IntMax = 20;
		}
	}

public class RaelisDragonStageFour : BaseEvoStage
	{
		public RaelisDragonStageFour()
		{
			NextEpThreshold = 3750000; EpMinDivisor = 50; EpMaxDivisor = 40; DustMultiplier = 20;
			BaseSoundID = 362;
			BodyValue = 60; ControlSlots = 3; MinTameSkill = 119.9; VirtualArmor = 60;

DamagesTypes = null;
			MinDamages = null;
			MaxDamages = null;

MinResistances = new int[5] { 60, 60, 60, 60, 60 };
			MaxResistances = new int[5] { 60, 60, 60, 60, 60 };	

DamageMin = 1; DamageMax = 1; HitsMin= 100; HitsMax = 100;
			StrMin = 100; StrMax = 100; DexMin = 10; DexMax = 10; IntMin = 120; IntMax = 120;
		}
	}

public class RaelisDragonStageFive : BaseEvoStage
	{
		public RaelisDragonStageFive()
		{
			NextEpThreshold = 7750000; EpMinDivisor = 160; EpMaxDivisor = 40; DustMultiplier = 20;
			BodyValue = 59; VirtualArmor = 70;

DamagesTypes = new ResistanceType[5] { ResistanceType.Physical, ResistanceType.Fire, ResistanceType.Cold,
			MinDamages = new int[5] { 100, 50, 50, 50, 50 };
			MaxDamages = new int[5] { 100, 50, 50, 50, 50 };

MinResistances = new int[5] { 80, 80, 80, 80, 80 };
			MaxResistances = new int[5] { 80, 80, 80, 80, 80 };	

DamageMin = 5; DamageMax = 5; HitsMin= 100; HitsMax = 100;
			StrMin = 100; StrMax = 100; DexMin = 20; DexMax = 20; IntMin = 120; IntMax = 120;
		}
	}

public class RaelisDragonStageSix : BaseEvoStage
	{
		public RaelisDragonStageSix()
		{
			NextEpThreshold = 15000000; EpMinDivisor = 540; EpMaxDivisor = 480; DustMultiplier = 20;
			BodyValue = 46; VirtualArmor = 170;

DamagesTypes = null;
			MinDamages = null;
			MaxDamages = null;

MinResistances = new int[5] { 98, 98, 98, 98, 98 };
			MaxResistances = new int[5] { 98, 98, 98, 98, 98 };	

DamageMin = 5; DamageMax = 5; HitsMin= 100; HitsMax = 100;
			StrMin = 100; StrMax = 100; DexMin = 20; DexMax = 20; IntMin = 120; IntMax = 120;
		}
	}

public class RaelisDragonStageSeven : BaseEvoStage
	{
		public RaelisDragonStageSeven()
		{
			Title = "The Ancient Dragon";
			EvolutionMessage = "has evolved to its highest form and is now an Ancient Dragon";
			NextEpThreshold = 0; EpMinDivisor = 740; EpMaxDivisor = 660; DustMultiplier = 20;
			BaseSoundID = 362;
			BodyValue = 172; ControlSlots = 4; VirtualArmor = 270;

MinDamages = new int[5] { 100, 75, 75, 75, 75 };
			MaxDamages = new int[5] { 100, 75, 75, 75, 75 };

ResistanceTypes = null;
			MinResistances = null;
			MaxResistances = null;	

DamageMin = 15; DamageMax = 15; HitsMin= 1350; HitsMax = 1400;
			StrMin = 125; StrMax = 125; DexMin = 125; DexMax = 35; IntMin = 125; IntMax = 125;
		}
	}
}

Along with the following changes to the BaseEvoSpec.cs script to get a compile:

Code:
#region AuthorHeader
//
//	EvoSystem version 1.15, by Xanthos
//
//
#endregion AuthorHeader
using System;
using Server;

namespace Xanthos.Evo
{
	public abstract class BaseEvoSpec
	{
		// This class implements a singleton pattern; meaning that no matter how many times the
		// Instance attribute is used, there will only ever be one of these created in the entire system.
		// Copy this template and give it a new name.  Assign all of the data members of the EvoSpec
		// base class in the constructor.  Your subclass must not be abstract.
		// Never call new on this class, use the Instance attribute to get the instance instead.

public int MountStage { get{ return m_MountStage; } }
		public int MaxTrainingStage { get { return m_MaxTrainingStage; } }
		public bool Tamable { get { return m_Tamable; } }
		public double MinTamingToHatch { get{ return m_MinTamingToHatch; } }
		public double PercentFemaleChance { get{ return m_PercentFemaleChance; } }
		public double GuardianEggOrDeedChance { get{ return m_GuardianEggOrDeedChance; } }
		public double PackSpecialItemChance { get{ return m_PackSpecialItemChance; } }
		public bool AlwaysHappy { get{ return m_AlwaysHappy; } }
		public bool ProducesYoung { get{ return m_ProducesYoung; } }
		public double PregnancyTerm { get{ return m_PregnancyTerm; } }
		public double HatchDuration { get{ return m_HatchDuration; } }
		public bool AbsoluteStatValues { get{ return m_AbsoluteStatValues; } }
		public int FameLevel { get{ return m_FameLevel; } }
		public int KarmaLevel { get{ return m_KarmaLevel; } }
		public SkillName [] Skills { get{ return m_Skills; } }
		public int [] MinSkillValues { get{ return m_MinSkillValues; } }
		public int [] MaxSkillValues { get{ return m_MaxSkillValues; } }
		public int MaxEvoResistance { get{ return m_MaxEvoResistance; } }
		public BaseEvoStage [] Stages { get{ return m_Stages; } }
		[COLOR="Red"]public int SetHue { get{ return m_Hue; } }[/COLOR]

protected BaseEvoSpec() { }

protected int m_MountStage;					// At what stage can player mount (only BaseEvoMount)?
		protected int m_MaxTrainingStage;			// At what stage can evo no longer train against training elementals?
		protected bool m_Tamable;					// Is it or not?
		protected double m_MinTamingToHatch;		// Skill required - independent of requirement to tame one gone wild.
		protected double m_PercentFemaleChance;		// Chance to spawn as female - important for population control 
		protected double m_GuardianEggOrDeedChance;	// Chance to produce an egg or deed as loot - Guardians only
		protected double m_PackSpecialItemChance;	// Small chance to pack a special item in construction of the Evo
		protected bool m_AlwaysHappy;				// Keeps it wonderfully happy if true, otherwise needs food like other pets.
		protected bool m_ProducesYoung;				// Does the species produce offspring?
		protected double m_PregnancyTerm;			// Days between mating and producing an egg (1.00 = one day, 0.01 = 15 minutes).
		protected double m_HatchDuration;			// Days of egg incubation time (1.00 = one day, 0.01 = 15 minutes).
		protected bool m_AbsoluteStatValues;		// Set or add str, dex, int, hits, damage at each stage.
		protected int m_FameLevel;					// 1 - 5
		protected int m_KarmaLevel;					// 0 - 5
		protected BaseEvoStage [] m_Stages;			// The list of stages.
		protected SkillName [] m_Skills;			// List of skill names and min/max values
		protected int [] m_MinSkillValues;
		protected int [] m_MaxSkillValues;
		protected int m_MaxEvoResistance;			// The cap even with mods (i.e. armor, et.) on.
		[COLOR="Red"]protected int m_Hue;						// List of possible hues for the evo.[/COLOR]

// These next 2 lines facilitate the singleton pattern.  In your subclass only change the
		// BaseEvoSpec class name to your subclass of BaseEvoSpec class name and uncomment both lines.
		// public static BaseEvoSpec Instance { get { return Nested.instance; } }
		// class Nested { static Nested() { } internal static readonly BaseEvoSpec instance = new BaseEvoSpec();}
	}

// Define a subclass of BaseEvoStage for each stage in your creature and place them in the
	// array in your subclass of BaseEvoSpec.  See the example classes for how to do this.
	// Your subclass must not be abstract.

public abstract class BaseEvoStage
	{
		public string Title;
		public string EvolutionMessage;

public int NextEpThreshold;
		public int EpMinDivisor;
		public int EpMaxDivisor;
		public int DustMultiplier;

public int BaseSoundID;
		public int BodyValue;
		[COLOR="Red"]public int SetHue;
		public int Hue;[/COLOR]
		public int ControlSlots;
		public double MinTameSkill;
		public int VirtualArmor;

public ResistanceType [] DamagesTypes;
		public int [] MinDamages;
		public int [] MaxDamages;

public ResistanceType [] ResistanceTypes;
		public int [] MinResistances;
		public int [] MaxResistances;

// These next 10 can be relative or absolute depending on your EvoSpec.AbsoluteStatValues

public int DamageMin;
		public int DamageMax;
		public int HitsMin;
		public int HitsMax;

public int StrMin;
		public int StrMax;
		public int DexMin;
		public int DexMax;
		public int IntMin;
		public int IntMax;
	}
}

The evo dragons in all stages are still set to hue = 0.

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Lubomir

matchstick

Sorceror
Code:
public int SetHue { get{ return m_Hue; } }
i believe should be
Code:
public int Hue { get{ return m_Hue; } }

if you look at the other ones there is no Set infront of them, its just the parameter and the setting for it, same with your other spots that say SetHue. Id say try that, and see what happens.

Lord Briton

Wanderer
Compile Error

Joeku said:
*smacks self in face*

Alari used "FoodType" as a definition for items. What happened was, there was a "BaseCreature FoodType" and an "Item FoodType." Since the Mercenary.cs script used items (using Server.Items;) it recognized both food types. Simple fix; I changed Alari's "FoodType" to "ItemFoodType" and all of the classes that used it, which turned out to be only one item. I'll leave this post for future FoodType problems.

Hi Im getting this same error can anyone leed me in the right direction to fix the error I also have Alari food system.

PHP:
RunUO - [[url]www.runuo.com][/url] Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 0 warnings)
 - Error: Scripts\Custom\Xanthos\EVO\Mercenary\Mercenary.cs: CS0104: (line 105,
column 19) 'FoodType' is an ambiguous reference
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Thanks for any help

Lord Briton

Having trouble with ballofsummoning

I keep getting an error that says (line 20, column 39) the type or namespace name "Translocation Item" could not be found <are you missing an directive or an assembly reference?> how do i fix it without hitting 5 million errors please reply

X

Xanthos

Dango's Slave said:
I keep getting an error that says (line 20, column 39) the type or namespace name "Translocation Item" could not be found <are you missing an directive or an assembly reference?> how do i fix it without hitting 5 million errors please reply
Not enough context - post the error please.

My guess is that you did not remove the other ball of summoning file. Youmust either remove the files in the modified folder in my package or the files with the same name in the stock runuo distribution.

Joeku

Lord
Just wanted to let you know that I love this system Xan, keep up the great work. It's definitely better than anything I could do.

Lord Briton

Wanderer
Thank You !!!

Xanthos thanks for Sharing this incrediable system thanks to Joeku I installed it with no errors. Thanks Joeku.

Now off to test it and have some fun!!!!!!

Error for Modified BallofSummoning

using System;
using System.Collections;
using Server;
using Server.Items;
using Server.Mobiles;
using Server.Targeting;
using Server.ContextMenus;
using Server.Network;

namespace Xanthos.Evo
{
public class BallOfSummoning : Item, TranslocationItem

Compiling C# scripts...failed <error:1 warnings:0>
-Error: Scripts\Custom\EVO\Modified\BallofSummoning.cs: CS204: <line: 20 column: 39> The type or namespace name "Translocation Item" could not be found <are you using directive or assembly reference?>

There i showed you where the error is and the cmd screen error please assist and i may have more problems with some of your systems. But i seen your work on other shards and i liked it so i wanted to try it for myself please assist and i wonder if RunUO 1.0.RCO could be the reason behind the problem

X

Xanthos

Have you removed the copies of the modified scripts in the stock distribution? I have no idea why Translocation Item cannot be found - that is a stock class. I suggest it may be a problem with something else you have done. Search all of the C# classes and see if it exists. If not - copy it from a fresh download of the stock runuo distribution. You do also have the option of removing my modified files.

BTW, my packages are well tested and widely installed so if you are having problems with them it may be due to other things you have changed. You may want to try installing on a freash copy of RunUO to see the differences.

Xanthos anyway of modifying this to where staff can shrink wild animals if they like or do i have to find some kind of other shrink system??

X

Xanthos

You want to shrink wild animals? En masse or one at a time? It would be easy to do. Would you want to target animals and shrink them or just create new shrunken animals?

seanandre

Sorceror
Actually, you know what would be cool? Somehow make it so staff can shrink pets whether they belong to them or not. As you may or may not know, I posted an Evo Jail Addon in the submissions forum, and recently I've been changing people's stray pets they've left behind training unattended to myself and shrinking them and locking them down on the floor in the new Evo Jail. It would be easier if I could do this with 1 command, or being an admin, maybe be allowed to do it with the pet leash even though it doesn't belong to me, would certainly make things easier.