RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Evolution Creature System

X

Xanthos

It appears to me that what has happened in this case is the Ell was reflecting damage back to the mob that gave it damage. However by the time the Ell did this, the mob was already dead and deleted. I will place null and deleted checks in OnDamage.

X

Xanthos

mystification said:
is it just me, or is this happening to everyone. I can hatch the hiryu eggs, and get a hatchling, but it never evolves. it seems the delivery date is always 1/1/0001 did i do something wrong or what?

Sorry to get back to you so late - I have been quite busy lately. The delivery date is only used during pregnancy of a mature female. By default Hiryus do not reproduce, only the dragon does.

Unlike the mercenary, the hiryu and the dragon must take damage to gain experience points. How are you training the hatchling?

Version 1.6 has been posted. Get it in the first post.

Xanthos said:
Sorry to get back to you so late - I have been quite busy lately. The delivery date is only used during pregnancy of a mature female. By default Hiryus do not reproduce, only the dragon does.

Unlike the mercenary, the hiryu and the dragon must take damage to gain experience points. How are you training the hatchling?

Version 1.6 has been posted. Get it in the first post.

Ahh okay. Well, i have been letting her kill monsters and whatnot, and she is gaining ep so i guess i will just wait. BTW, what does she eat? and how can i keep her happy?

thx for the reply.

X

Xanthos

Hiryus and dragons eat meat. Feed them until they are wonderfully happy then feed them every hour to keep them that way. No need to feed them when they are shrunk or stabled - they go dormant.

BTW, the amount of EP gained is based on the hit points of the mob she fights so go up against the biggest thing you can. vorpals are really good to start off as are training ells.

Roseanne

Wanderer
Evolution Creature System

I seem to be having similar problem as mystification... the evo drags don't gain ep; however, if I set IsParagon gains come. So, I changed the script to have IsParagon = True but then when I spawned them, it went back to no gains... so manually I set IsParagon = False and the drags gained ep... I'm confused as to what/why this happens... is there a fix (other than manual ig changes)?

Roseanne

Wanderer
Evo Creature Problem - plz help

I can't seem to heal evo drag w/magic or w/bandages... msg you can't perform benificial act on your target... any solutions?

X

Xanthos

Roseanne said:
I seem to be having similar problem as mystification... the evo drags don't gain ep; however, if I set IsParagon gains come. So, I changed the script to have IsParagon = True but then when I spawned them, it went back to no gains... so manually I set IsParagon = False and the drags gained ep... I'm confused as to what/why this happens... is there a fix (other than manual ig changes)?

I'm not sure what the problem could be or why IsParagon would help. I am certain that on my shard all of my Evos gain and can be healed. Have you made other changes to the code? Do you see this with other pets? I dont have a fix because I cannot reproduce the problem. Do you have other custom scripts?

Thundar

Wanderer
i tested all the evo creatures in the package just now on my shard and they all seem to be working just fine for me

Roseanne

Wanderer
Dah! I tested on other pets & I couldn't heal them either! So I moved out of the dungoen I was in & tried to heal and could... I didn't realize it, but I was in a "Custom Region" and that's why I couldn't heal (smacks self in head - dah!) All better now.

I reloaded the system & I no longer have the training elemental problem... 2 wierd lolol

So, all is well & I'm love'n it! Tks :)

Oh wait! How/what to I edit so that no damage is done to the pets plz?

X

Xanthos

Glad you got the problem solved. If you change training ells so no damage is done, drags and hiryus wont gain on them. The damage is done in OnDamage - the training ell just takes 10% and does damage on the mobile giving damage. Remove the line that returns the damage.

Dave1969

Wanderer
Server crashed when unshrinking Mercenarys

I have the FS taming system in also with pet shrinking. All of your EVO creatures shrink and unshrink fine except for the mercenary. I can get him to shrink fine but the server crashes when he is unshrunk. Is there a way i can fix this?

X

Xanthos

Which shrink system are you using to shrink and unshrink the merc? If its any shrink system but mine then the bug lies in that shrink system you are using and definately not a problem with my merc. I do recommend in the read me that you use my shrink system as I fully expect other shrink systems will have problems with my Evos, since the shrink systems I have seen do so much special casing (one of the many reasons I wrote my own). If you are using my shrink system then please send me the crash log and I will fix this ASAP.

I recommend cutting over to my shrink system as all of the other shrink systems I have seen are unneccessairly complex and buggy and use an approach that is bound to produce more bugs in the future with all of the special casing being done in the code. In addition, unless the shrink system you are using has been modified to work with my Evo creatures, it will likely have problems with all of my Evo creatures, not just the merc. Cutting over to my shrink system is really easy as you can have both shrink systems active at the same time - you just have to unshrink pets with the old system and reshrink with mine; when all pets have been converted you can disable the old system.

Dave1969

Wanderer
Appreciate the reply. Is there a way i can make the Evos to not shrink at all?

Is there a way i can make the Evos to not shrink at all? Maybe even just the Mercenary?

X

Xanthos

I am happy to support any problems you find with my Evo System, unfortunately this is completely under the control of the shrink system you are using (FS Taming I believe). You will need to change the code of whichever shrink system you are using to do what you ask.

If you do choose the easier route of switching over to the shrink system in the Evolution Creature System, you will have 100% compatibility with my evos and any other creatures including those of the FSTaming system, etc. and cutting over is easier than i had previously thought.

Just remove all of the old pet leashes, hitching posts and shrink pots and replace with the ones from my Evolution Creature System. That's all you have to do. Leave the old shrink item class in place for a while so people can dclick their old shrunken pets to reclaim them. Any pets shrunken from that point on will be shrunk with my system and will not crash your shard. I would delete all of the previously shrunken Mercs and replace with a deed for a new merc so you get no more crashes due to the your current shrink system bug.

I hope this helps.

Alari

Wanderer
IsStabled not serialized

Looks good, though one of the problems with the old shrink system was that IsStabled isn't serialized by basecreature, it was set on deserialization by the stabling system in playermobile. However, the shrink system didn't account for this. You may need to have IsStabled set to true on deserialization of the ShrinkItem.

Code:
			if ( m_Pet != null )
				m_Pet.IsStabled = true;

Thundar

Wanderer
about the evos and shrink system

once again no big problem ...just a question ...on the mercs when u shrink them they become black dolls on my shard and i dont see where the hue call is and i would like the plain hue to be on them so i would just add this hue = 0; anywhere in the scirpt but not sure which one to put it in, would it be the shrinkitem.cs? (the black is so hard to see in yuour packs is the reason i want to change this) also i dont want this to affect my other pets hues that been dyed to lose their color when shrunk if i made this change. I just wanted to make sure that is the right script to add the hue line in is all.

Also i noticed in the PetLeash.cs that it may be missing a "using" type at the type or sumthin because u cannot add it as loot or to new players creation or anything ...the only thing u can do is in game [ add PetLeash and put it on a pawner but that seems to be it. Once again no biggie as i have mine on a spawner in a new player area but for some peeps they may want another approach. Once again it is no biggie just fyi

Thanx Thundar ;)

X

Xanthos

Thundar said:
once again no big problem ...just a question ...on the mercs when u shrink them they become black dolls on my shard and i dont see where the hue call is and i would like the plain hue to be on them so i would just add this hue = 0; anywhere in the scirpt but not sure which one to put it in, would it be the shrinkitem.cs? (the black is so hard to see in yuour packs is the reason i want to change this) also i dont want this to affect my other pets hues that been dyed to lose their color when shrunk if i made this change. I just wanted to make sure that is the right script to add the hue line in is all.

Also i noticed in the PetLeash.cs that it may be missing a "using" type at the type or sumthin because u cannot add it as loot or to new players creation or anything ...the only thing u can do is in game [ add PetLeash and put it on a pawner but that seems to be it. Once again no biggie as i have mine on a spawner in a new player area but for some peeps they may want another approach. Once again it is no biggie just fyi

Thanx Thundar ;)
You got it right. I recently added code to make the shrinkitem take the hue of the pet in response to requests made by users.
Code:
		public ShrinkItem( BaseCreature pet ) : this()
		{
			ShrinkPet( pet );
			IsStatuette = ShrinkConfig.kPetAsStatuette;
			m_IgnoreLockDown = false; // This is only used to allow GMs to bypass the lockdown, one pet at a time.
			Weight = ShrinkConfig.kShrunkenWeight;
			Hue = m_Pet.Hue;
		}

I have changed it to the following for the next release:
Code:
		public ShrinkItem( BaseCreature pet ) : this()
		{
			ShrinkPet( pet );
			IsStatuette = ShrinkConfig.kPetAsStatuette;
			m_IgnoreLockDown = false; // This is only used to allow GMs to bypass the lockdown, one pet at a time.
			Weight = ShrinkConfig.kShrunkenWeight;

if ( !( m_Pet is Xanthos.Evo.Mercenary ))
				Hue = m_Pet.Hue;
		}

Thundar, I added a pet leash to a mob with the following code and had no problem. Note i recommend using the full name to avoid picking one of the other pet leashes that may have been inappropriately thrown into the Server.Items namespace :

Code:
	PackItem( new Xanthos.Evo.PetLeash() );

X

Xanthos

Alari said:
Looks good, though one of the problems with the old shrink system was that IsStabled isn't serialized by basecreature, it was set on deserialization by the stabling system in playermobile. However, the shrink system didn't account for this. You may need to have IsStabled set to true on deserialization of the ShrinkItem.

Code:
			if ( m_Pet != null )
				m_Pet.IsStabled = true;
Thanks for pointing that out Alari. I will look into it and make the appropriate change.

Alari

Wanderer
Xanthos said:
Thanks for pointing that out Alari. I will look into it and make the appropriate change.

I checked your ShrinkItem first and didn't see it in there, so I thought I would mention it. :> (I didn't see 'IsStabled = true' anywhere else besides ShrinkItem, and it only looks like it sets it true when the item is actually used, not deserialized)

X

Xanthos

You are correct Alari - I have changed the code as you suggested for the next release. Not too many writing code to do sweeps of the Internal Map so I assume this has not impacted anyone yet (at least that is my hope).