RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Evolution Creature System

Alari

Wanderer
Someone wrote various [internal, [internalitems, and [internalmobiles scripts to clean up stray internal items, although those scripts and item leaks in general are fairly infrequent now. Still, buggy code can leak a whole lot of stuff onto the internal map. (My cooking package was doing that, fixed the bug but have yet to release a new version. Heh. =)

There's some built-in code that will remove objects it deems 'inaccessable'.

Thundar

Wanderer
thanx

Thank for the post i was not using the whole name set up, i trying just

Code:
PackItem( new PetLeash() );

like i do with most other stuff my bad as i said i am still learnin correct usage thanx for correctin me on that :)

oh and also thanx for takin to time to show me the correct usage of that if statement, once again i was not putting the xanthos part in lol ...thanx for the fast responses and good support

Dave1969

Wanderer
How would i go about making the Mercenary go in the stables

How would i go about making the Mercenary go in the stables?

X

Xanthos

You would need to modify the code in AnimalTrainer.cs - Look at the check for pet.Body.IsHuman in EndStable.

X

Xanthos

At 7 mil you can give them player crafted items and at 15 you can give them artifacts. Although you can easily change that by modifying the Evo Spec.

Ysanne

Wanderer
quick question

I was wondering if your eggs spawn on adult hiryu and dragon from your system. Have set it up on my shard that the players have to initially hunt the guardian dragon to get eggs. I noticed that your dragon and hiryu have to be raised and cannot be spawned as adults unless I am doing something wrong. Would be very nice to have adult creatures that can be spawned to allow players to work for their eggs.

If I have missed this ability in your scripts, please accept my apology now and I would appreciate you pointing in the correct direction.

X

Xanthos

The eggs spawn on the adult Dragon when one player mates their male dragon with a female. I chose not to do that for the Hiryu but the way the system is set up you can change the behavior by changing a few values in a table and copying the dragon egg class to a new class for the hiryu egg. The creatures are meant to be raised from eggs and not spawned as adults.

That said, give me some ideas on what stats, skills, etc a wild Evo Dragon and Wild Evo Hiryu should have and I will add them to the package. I assume you would want them much harder to fight than the tame Evos and you would want the egg to be a random drop.

Dave1969

Wanderer
How do i go about capping the Mercs resists at 70?

How do i go about capping the Mercs resists at 70? The way they are now is just insane

X

Xanthos

Dave1969 said:
How do i go about capping the Mercs resists at 70? The way they are now is just insane

The properties of each Evo are controlled by a set of table-like classes. See BaseEvoSpec.cs for a complete description and see MercenarySpec.cs to make changes to your merc's Spec. The spec is made up of an array of EvoStage classes - one for each stage. Just modify the values to what you would like them to be in each stage and recompile - the changes will only take effect for evos reaching new stages.

Actually, what makes the merc so tough is not the resistance as much as the virtual armor - turn that down and you will see the merc become a lot more sensible for your shard.

Dave1969

Wanderer
Xanthos i appreciate your quick replies. I still have a problem though

I have messed with the mercspec.cs by changing the virtual armour to "0" in all levels and i also set the resist minimum to "1" and the Max resist to "2" in all levels and hes still takes barely and damage against the nasty guardian dragon. He is wearing a platinum plate set i crafted and most of his resist are almost at 200. What else can i do to make this merc take damage like a normal player would. If a player wantyed he could solo the Guardian dragon, though it might take a long time but it could be done at the rate the merc takes damage now. His resists are just way too high.

X

Xanthos

Dave1969 said:
I have messed with the mercspec.cs by changing the virtual armour
rate the merc takes damage now. His resists are just way too high.

The spec only controls what the Evo's values are set to when it evolves.

My suggestion would be to take a fully evolved merc and edit his properties until you get the final result you are looking for - this will be your test subject. Once you know what you want in an evolved merc, modify the stages such that when a new merc is fully evolved it arrives at or near the values you desire. Please note that the field BaseEvoSpec.AbsoluteStatValues controls how some of the values change as your Evo evolves: they can be additive or absolute (see the source file for more info). The merc as it is packaged uses additive values for a little added randomeness to the end result. It may be more straight forward for you to set AbsoluteStatValues to true in your mercspec and then the value you set at each stage is the value you get when it evolves.

Dave1969

Wanderer
I appreciate all your time Xanthos but its just not doing anything

Ive edited all the stages,set the absolute stat values to "true". Lowered all the resists at each stage. His armor resists still reach almost 200 each with the platnium plate on them and he still takes no damage. So Im gonna have to delete them from the shard. I love all the work you have put into the scripts. Ill keep the rest of the evos just not the merc. If you test one you will see what i mean.

Dave1969

Wanderer
I sent a reply to you.

I sent a reply to you. We'll keep this off thread. From here on ill just reply to your pm's.

Thundar

Wanderer
minor prob

just found sumthing eles Xanthos not sure if this is just my copy but it seems the mercs in city limits when issued the grab command pick up gold but auto delete the gold from their packs so u cannot ever tithe while in town and u do not get the gold back no matter what u do, and it seems the list command dont recognize all items in pack and they are not always healing themselves and when given food for thier packs they do not eat when needed only when u first give them the food - not sure but i think this all only happens in town i have not tried the list and eating thing outside of town yet

NovaStorm

Wanderer
little help please

hi Xanthos... or anyone else that might know the answer

i like this system that i've seen sofar..

but i have a custom guards system that keeps attacking the evo cretures...

can you tell me what it is i need to add in to this line to make my guards not attack your evo's

if ( m is BaseGuard || m is BaseVendor || m is BaseHealer || m is TownCrier || "something here" )

i've tried evo, baseevo, Xanthos, Xanthos.evo, RaelisDragon, IEvoCreature and none of these seem to work..

please bare in mind i'm still fairly new to scripting so i've probably looked right over it a few times

X

Xanthos

NovaStorm said:
oops left out the "using Xanthos.Evo;" as the namespace declaration...

all good now
Glad you got it figured out - I have been out of town a lot lately. Actually, using the following is safer since there could potentially be other classes named Evo in one or more of the name spaces.

Code:
if ( m is BaseGuard || m is BaseVendor || m is BaseHealer || m is TownCrier || m is Xanthos.Evo.Mercenary )

BTW, writing code in C# is not really scripting - it's programming since C# is a compiled language. Scripting is done with interpreted languages like HTML, etc.

Thundar, I will look into the merc issues and the death robe problem soon, hopefully this weekend.

I was running the old Evo merc script for some time and Finally decided that it needed a complete rework myself. SO I made it to where Instead of gaining Resist every level it gained Skill instead. Like it starts at 60-70 in all skill, and then next level goes to 70-80 skills, and the players could equip armor on them after the first level, because they have NO resist other then what you give them. To me this adds a feel of realism to it. I mean if you have 70 in all resists, why bother giving them anything at all.
SO my question would be, Is there a way to Say start with the skills at 60-70, and just give +10 to what ever it starts with? Other then that I like the Ease of editing these.

*EDIT* Also something else that might spark some ideas, One thing I was going to do with the old system myself was make a necromancer one. Course I was gona use the Necromancer AI, that requires edits, but you've got around that with the paladin. maybe could do the same for the necro, and even a mage merc.