RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Evolution Creature System

X

Xanthos

I'm glad you like it. Check out my latest release today, which includes your minimum tame skill idea Protius73. I'm with you on the Evos going wild thing - I like risk in the game. However, I made it configurable so people can have it either way.

For this release, some changes were made to the BaseEvo interfaces and the EvoSpec/EvoStages. A couple new absract methods were added as well as a few new Attributes. It should not be a lot of work to install this but I recommend diffing the changes against what you have to be safe. Sorry for the upheaval, I think this will be the most disruptive update we will see - adding Mercenaries forced a bit of redesign.

I decided not to add the "freeze-dried" pet shrink method to this release and may not add it at all unless there is an outcry for it. I continually see problems with shrink systems that use that approach and I prefer the less complex and far safer "pet stable" approach. As far as I can tell the reason for the gensis of the "freeze-dried" method was an old spawn system that had a nasty habit of wiping the internal map. Any sane system that cleans the internal map needs to check the Stabled mob attribute and since I set that attribute I think my approach is safe.

Protius73

Sorceror
Sweetness .... Ill DL now and run some testing on it. My players absolutely love this package along with teh stabled shrink system.

Im with you on this im not a big fan of the freeze dry method. Ive been toying with ideas on making the total number of shrunk pets be based on stable slots. This would cut down on the number of shrunk pets in the world. So far i havent had any luck with it.

Currently there are players on my shard that have Entire stocks of pets, one guy was counted as having well over 300 pets at one time lol

if i can figure it out ill post the change for those who want to limit the number of shrunk pets a player can have. IF i can figure it out between work and running teh shard and managing a webhosting company lol. :D

X

Xanthos

Stable slots works well with what you are trying to do. As one gets higher taming and lore, the number of stable slots goes up as well. I think a sane limit would be that you get as many shrink items as you do stable slots. So if you have 5 slots then you can have 10 tamed pets - 5 in the stable and 5 in shrink items. I can think of a couple ways to keep track of pets you have shrunk. However, there is a problem with this. Let's say you lose 5 shrink items to someone and they bank them. Now you can never shrink another pet unless they unshrink or delete one of more of them.

Viago

Knight
lol still cant belive the evo and dna system still going on strong....first it was tokens.....lol oh well, props to those who blaze thier own trail. rather then follow one :p

X

Xanthos

Viago said:
lol still cant belive the evo and dna system still going on strong....first it was tokens.....lol oh well, props to those who blaze thier own trail. rather then follow one :p
Viago, please refrain from trolling this thread. Unless I am missing something your comments have nothing to do with custom script releases or this evolution system except to satisfy your need for drama. :rolleyes:

X

Xanthos

Updated to version 1.3 - Please see the first post for the file and a list of changes.

Viago

Knight
Xanthos said:
Viago, please refrain from trolling this thread. Unless I am missing something your comments have nothing to do with custom script releases or this evolution system except to satisfy your need for drama. :rolleyes:

quiet , young padawan

Protius73

Sorceror
One slight mod im trying to do to the shrink system is to retain the hue of the animal on the shrink item. Racking my brain lol any ideas?

Also im working on a shrink potion to match the shrink system in your package, soon as i get it working ill let ya know. =)

Greystar

Wanderer
Protius73 said:
One slight mod im trying to do to the shrink system is to retain the hue of the animal on the shrink item. Racking my brain lol any ideas?

Also im working on a shrink potion to match the shrink system in your package, soon as i get it working ill let ya know. =)

well saving the hue is kinda easy as long as the shrink method has something to store it and the mobile has a Hue Number attached to it. just add something into the Shrink method I have no idea what it would be that would check to see if mobile being shrunk has a none 0 hue then set the items hue to that value and or store it in a variable... after all its only a int.

Protius73

Sorceror
After i posted that i realised how to do it lol.... god it was simple... I guess being up for 36 hours straight tends to make yer mind draw a blank!!

Still having tons of trouble with making the shrink potion to match this system but im pluggin away at it.

Think its time for some sleep though cause im starting to see SPOTS!!! :D

X

Xanthos

Pet's hue should not change when shrunk as I really just do what the RunUO stable does. I put the pet on the internal map where it goes dormant, and give the owner a tiny object which represents the pet. Unshrinking just moves the pet to the owners map and sets a few important properties to make them obey the owner.

The way a lot of shrink systems work is to copy all the attributes of the pet that distinguish it from another and then delete it, giving the player a huge object (in terms of properties) to hold onto. It's a lot of record keeping and trouble to go to for what I percieve as little gain. I can add this method of shrinking to my system if there is a need for it - but so far no one seems to be asking for that.

You can use PetLeash as your guide and simply create a new shrink target to shrink a pet from withing your Potion's OnDoubleClick method.

Protius73

Sorceror
Thanks Xanthos ill start making the potion asap and testing it.

As for the hue part of the system. I changed the dragons so they have random hues when hatched and figured out how to make the shrunk pets have that same hue so players can distinguish which pets are which a bit more easily. hehe

all i did was add this to the shrink item

Hue = m_Pet.Hue;

worked like a charm :D

Greystar

Wanderer
Xanthos said:
Pet's hue should not change when shrunk as I really just do what the RunUO stable does. I put the pet on the internal map where it goes dormant, and give the owner a tiny object which represents the pet. Unshrinking just moves the pet to the owners map and sets a few important properties to make them obey the owner.

The way a lot of shrink systems work is to copy all the attributes of the pet that distinguish it from another and then delete it, giving the player a huge object (in terms of properties) to hold onto. It's a lot of record keeping and trouble to go to for what I percieve as little gain. I can add this method of shrinking to my system if there is a need for it - but so far no one seems to be asking for that.

You can use PetLeash as your guide and simply create a new shrink target to shrink a pet from withing your Potion's OnDoubleClick method.

Personally I'd probably make it so the pets hue rehues the item only so that way if you have multiple pets of the same type with different hue you'd know which ministatue it belonged to, but thats just my personal preference.

X

Xanthos

Oh, now i see what you mean. Ill add that to the next release.

X

Xanthos

Release 1.5 now posted. This release brings a lot of new features to mercenaries. I dont anticipate making any more feature changes for a while. Please report the bugs you find (crash logs if you have them) and I will fix them. Have fun with it!

DavenMan

Wanderer
I know you don't anticipate making anymore feature changes, but was just wondering if this idea would be hard to implement. Instead of making it random on what they do by saying attack would it be possible to say something like "Jules Primary" and the merc do the primary weapon skill of the item in it's hand? Just a thought. and "Secondary" for the secondary.. and of course "Attack" for the consecrate.

X

Xanthos

Not hard at all. I advise against it though. Looking back I wish i had never implemented the attack feature. I can already see the spam =(

Jules Attack
Jules Attack
Jules Attack
Jules Attack

is it just me, or is this happening to everyone. I can hatch the hiryu eggs, and get a hatchling, but it never evolves. it seems the delivery date is always 1/1/0001 did i do something wrong or what?

archiep

Wanderer
crash

my problem is this crash when the training ell kills something its happened with a hiryu and one other time i dont know what it was fighting

Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600.0
.NET Framework: 1.1.4322.2032
Time: 6/6/2005 9:14:36 PM
Mobiles: 17856
Items: 219988
Clients:
- Count: 4
+ 192.168.1.1: (account = phoenix) (mobile = 0xF8 'PHOENIX')
+ 192.168.1.1: (account = becca) (mobile = 0x2A323 '**Mystery** $GM$')
+ **.***.***.**: (account = amandam) (mobile = 0x264 'Willow Rages Girlfriend')
+ **.*.***.**: (account = lonnie7108) (mobile = 0x5879 'Chen Wue')

Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Xanthos.Evo.TrainingElemental.OnDamage(Int32 amount, Mobile from, Boolean willKill)
at Server.Mobile.Damage(Int32 amount, Mobile from)
at Server.Mobiles.BaseCreature.Damage(Int32 amount, Mobile from)
at Server.AOS.Damage(Mobile m, Mobile from, Int32 damage, Int32 phys, Int32 fire, Int32 cold, Int32 pois, Int32 nrgy, Boolean keepAlive)
at Server.AOS.Damage(Mobile m, Mobile from, Int32 damage, Int32 phys, Int32 fire, Int32 cold, Int32 pois, Int32 nrgy)
at Server.AOS.Damage(Mobile m, Int32 damage, Int32 phys, Int32 fire, Int32 cold, Int32 pois, Int32 nrgy)
at Server.Mobiles.BreatheTimer.OnTick()
at Server.Timer.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

I couldnt see a difference in the Training Elemental script that looked like it should do this since the last version. This is version 1[1].5 i didnt get the crash with 1[1].3