RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free USB Thumb Drive From Microsoft.

WarAngel

Wanderer
Anti-Basic said:
Yea really, cause I noticed that XP is in the URL, if they do try to do some sort of detection(they do when using windows update), i have ME so they prolly will tink im a liar. filled it out anyway...it could be just a questionaire that companies do to make sure everyone knows the rules, but i wouldn't put it past them.

I use Linux, so apparently it doesn't matter to them. :d

Rabban

Sorceror
It's probably barely big enough to hold the "Valuable Information." Not only that who says you can write to that USB drive (it's possible for them to disable you from writing to the thumbdrive)?

Rabban said:
It's probably barely big enough to hold the "Valuable Information." Not only that who says you can write to that USB drive (it's possible for them to disable you from writing to the thumbdrive)?
Mircosoft is evil. bill gates needs to die. of course some games i play cant run on linux so i keep a windows drive...but if there was an alternative i would

S

Savaal

Yeah, i'm my school Computer Technician, so to be able to put all my neat little programs on the USB Thumb drive would be a big + :) thanks for sharing Sir Drull's alot :-P

nomad707

Knight
i highly doubt the drive is writable. thumbdrives are very cheap. take less time and frustration to spend 15$ and buy one.

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
um... it took me a total of 10 seconds to fill this out.

How is it easier to go out and pay for one?

nomad707

Knight
takes 6-8 weeks?
you can mow some old ladies lawn,in one hour, and go buy one. Unless you are too lazy, which i really hope you arent.

Greystar

Wanderer
poopthrower said:
takes 6-8 weeks?
you can mow some old ladies lawn,in one hour, and go buy one. Unless you are too lazy, which i really hope you arent.

1) Only Snow and ICE this time of year
2) This is free (who care about the wait)
3) Just felt like having 3 reasons.

Joeku

Lord
poopthrower said:
takes 6-8 weeks?
USB flash drives cost about $40+ where I live...

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
the ten seconds of my life and the 6-8 weeks of hopeful expectations beats spending 15$

nomad707

Knight
lol. when it gets there and your heart is broken because it is un-writable. just remember i WARNED YOU.
those damn thumb drives... play with your minds.
they are an emotional handfull.

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
poopthrower said:
lol. when it gets there and your heart is broken because it is un-writable. just remember i WARNED YOU.
those damn thumb drives... play with your minds.
they are an emotional handfull.
Like I said... it took me 10 seconds of my life. My heart wont be broken because I wasted 10 seconds. I spent more than that replying to this thread.

PappaSmurf

Knight
If only it was like this one

It would rock

**edit * By the way that drive in the pic is like $800*

WarAngel

Wanderer
I signed up, but I'm pretty sure this is going to be read-only. Microsoft knows that people like us would try and abuse a loophole like that, and probably planned accordingly. :D

Joeku

Lord
OR...

Microsoft is sending out billions of free USB thumb drives packed with explosive C4 charges. Then, they destroy 99% of the homes in America and claim the entire continent for their own monster corporation! :eek:

Oh noes!

PappaSmurf

Knight
Or sending out Drives with a trojan that redirects all your finacial information from your online banking to Bill Gates E-mail account so he can get the rest of the money in the US