RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free USB Thumb Drive From Microsoft.

WarStoke

Wanderer
lol i think that it will do a verification of the windows installation and if it fails insert a bios virus that will lock the computer till you enter a valid xp cdkey

AdminVile

Sorceror
PappaSmurf said:
Or sending out Drives with a trojan that redirects all your finacial information from your online banking to Bill Gates E-mail account so he can get the rest of the money in the US

Wait a minute!!!!! You can do banking online?????????

dashiznit_76

Wanderer
I do a lot of banking online.....but anyways. if it is not writeable from them there are ways to make it writeable. To me it kinda looks like a Lexar JumpDrive, maybe a 128MB one, that should be big enough for their html files and a maybe a couple exes.

sicron

Sorceror
If not for anything else, it will make billy cough up some of his cash :D
It may have only cost him a few pennies a piece, but he will also have to pay the postage as well as the cost of the key... If its read only, im sure theres someway to change (something I guess Ill have to do some research on), but like everyone else has said... who cares its free!
Thanks again Drull... I just hope this works out better than the domain offer... I never heard anything back from them... oh well, once again not like it cost anything :D

WarAngel

Wanderer
sicron said:
If not for anything else, it will make billy cough up some of his cash :D
It may have only cost him a few pennies a piece, but he will also have to pay the postage as well as the cost of the key... If its read only, im sure theres someway to change (something I guess Ill have to do some research on), but like everyone else has said... who cares its free!
Thanks again Drull... I just hope this works out better than the domain offer... I never heard anything back from them... oh well, once again not like it cost anything :D

I don't think Microsoft cares how much money anything costs them, and Bill doesn't actually pay for anything. He will make just as much as he always makes.

nomad707

Knight
Bill does not lose money, he really doesnt care. Microsoft wont leave a loophole.

All Mortal Kombat fatalities are based off of Chuck Norris moves.

Stuby

Sorceror
even if its not "writable" you should be able to partition then reformat. it should fix your problems.

Kamron

Knight
Drull said:
Oh, uh.

Q1. How many ways are there to obtain a full Microsoft® Windows® Desktop license?
Answer:: 2

Q2: Volume License Agreements cover Windows Desktop operating system upgrades only.
Answer: True

Q3: OEM operating system licenses are non-transferable.

Q4: The most cost-effective way to acquire an initial, full underlying Windows Desktop license is preinstalled.

;)

I answered number 1 wrong.... can I still get one?

Kamron

Knight
Stuby said:
even if its not "writable" you should be able to partition then reformat. it should fix your problems.

No, you can physically lock the chip (just like a normal drive with the thing on the side), and if there is no mechinism to unlock it, then its useless.

I have a feeling that not only will it be locked, it will only be 8MB.

Jeff

Lord
XxSP1DERxX said:
No, you can physically lock the chip (just like a normal drive with the thing on the side), and if there is no mechinism to unlock it, then its useless.

I have a feeling that not only will it be locked, it will only be 8MB.
if that, and agreed.

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
then dont get one ffs. The rest of us are going to make microsoft give us one and we will find out now wont we.