RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FS Player Government System

Avelyn

Sorceror
Arcanus said:
Absolutly no rush then. Going to have my hands full reinstalling a ton of scripts anyways. No use converting them over all at once, might be safer to drop them in one at a time. But I'll definatly be keeping up with your updates as this system is greatly needed :)

Just a thought though. What about something similar as a stone placement that will allow players to place lockdown containers? For instance. I'm attempting to put together a way for players to mine stone and be able to "carve" if you will, walls and floor tiles and what not (all items found in a custom housing menu), thus giving players the ability to place and lock down a destructable series of building parts in any given area. It would be nice if they were able to lock down containers in a general area as they would a house.

A better example. Joe Blow builds a fortress stone by stone, or wall by wall. He might be able to expand the area in which he places the walls by players placing houses or containers (preferably containers) within the area that counts towards the population. So then, Joe Blow being the city Lord and or King, would be able to tax his citizens based upon their containers within his city and offer them protection at the same time, perhaps by npc guards that he must buy or maintain through the same stone that allows him to control the area he is alloted based upon the number of citizens he possesses within his "fortress". The fortress would be destructable of course, though taking massive amounts of damage before it is destroyed. The whole idea is pretty much centered around the government system, but without the premade buildings.

Just a concept I've been tossing around, though I'm afraid I would not be able to script all of it since my scripting knowledge is very limited.

We bounced this idea around. We basically figured we could combine the government system with Knives Townhouse system which basically gives you "ownable" regions. It could be done. I think it would be a cool thing to do as an after release. I deliberately tried to keep Ronin's system somewhat like he intended it. It's still possible I or someone else out there with the skills could do it at some point if Knife doesnt mind.

Oh on another note, the existing system does give the mayor power to lock anything down in the town he wishes but its more of a decoration thing. It doesnt allow use of the item. That was one of the reasons why I included the resource box as my players thought it would be nice to be able to have say a tinker make some tools and drop them in and then the crafter who uses the tools could access it. The original box design is Alien's and it is a really good design. With his permission I modified it to do more and to integrate with the town to be included with the system.

Avelyn

Sorceror
Anti-Basic said:
one ting i didnt like about teh original was needing the forensics...i mean i know its an uncommon skill and all, but it didt seem right.

I didn't like this either as on my shard I have rewritten that skill into a completely different one. I also agree it just seemed wrong, but again, wanting to provide Ronin's idea, I made it optional via a bool in the main city script. If you turn it off, the town does not require that skill, if it is true, it is for the most part how he intended it.

Shadow1980

Wanderer
My version is up and running since our last publish. (Finally!) There have not been any crashes but of course the more people who use the system the more things come forward that need some tweaking.
Already prepared an update for next publish that addresses some of these issues. :) I am quite pleased so far, and with the ideas we have lined up in our team it will become quite something.

Kudos to Ronin for the original idea and the base work. Though slowly but steadely our version will be more and more different.

Will look forward to see what other shards do with it, eventually I expect a lot of different versions will be around.

Avelyn

Sorceror
Shadow1980 said:
My version is up and running since our last publish. (Finally!) There have not been any crashes but of course the more people who use the system the more things come forward that need some tweaking.
Already prepared an update for next publish that addresses some of these issues. :) I am quite pleased so far, and with the ideas we have lined up in our team it will become quite something.

Kudos to Ronin for the original idea and the base work. Though slowly but steadely our version will be more and more different.

Will look forward to see what other shards do with it, eventually I expect a lot of different versions will be around.

yes, Ive had mine running for quite a while on my shard. No problems yet. Mine has a bunch of addons but maintains Ronins idea.

Shadow1980

Wanderer
Aye, I had it running on a testserver for months, but was still a bit 'cautious' when moving it to the live shard. Always a difference with actual players as they do things you might not have anticipated.
So far we haven't ran into crashes.

The only odd thing we ran into is that some players can't join their newly created characters to cities ( message says they dont have a house in the city, even if they do and their main character is already a part of the city) but I haven't had the time yet to properly look into this due to work and other things having priority. If you had this issue please let me know about it, otherwise it is probably something related to another change and I will fix it this weekend.

Avelyn

Sorceror
Shadow1980 said:
Aye, I had it running on a testserver for months, but was still a bit 'cautious' when moving it to the live shard. Always a difference with actual players as they do things you might not have anticipated.
So far we haven't ran into crashes.

The only odd thing we ran into is that some players can't join their newly created characters to cities ( message says they dont have a house in the city, even if they do and their main character is already a part of the city) but I haven't had the time yet to properly look into this due to work and other things having priority. If you had this issue please let me know about it, otherwise it is probably something related to another change and I will fix it this weekend.

Nope I havent had this problem. Do you allow more than 1 house per account?

Avelyn

Sorceror
Cool, let me know when you catch it just in case I missed something. It's hard even with a shard running it, to test everything unfortunately.

Shadow1980

Wanderer
I know exactly what you mean. I was going to test it today but the DDoS attack on my shard has made this rather difficult. It is impossible to test this particular bug on one of our testshards as it would not replicate the exact same situation. I am not sattisfied until the specific people having the issue can join cities normally.
I think I might have found something that *could* be causing it, but I wont know until i can test it properly.

Shadow1980

Wanderer
The fix has worked. The way the system currently checks if a player is owner of a house within the city region is slightly bugged. You might never run into it though, it might be related to some of the custom additions on our shard.

Tru

Knight
stu said:
ANy Update on this guys? Id love to look at the fixed version you have Ave!
He said he's going to release it after 2.0 comes out to make sure its compatible. (He said it in this thread)

Tru said:
He said he's going to release it after 2.0 comes out to make sure its compatible. (He said it in this thread)
This Page Actually. :)

Anyway Avelyn, another change that would be nice, mostly cosmetic, would be to move the player city menu button higher so it wont be as close to the ok button on the moongate gump. Atually I'd like to see it listed up there with the facets...or even better, have you ever thought of incorporating Alien's Public Gates with this? I know many people would like to have red-free cities, red only cities, etc. just a thought. :)

RoninGT

Sorceror
I plan on updating alot of my scripts, But holding off till after the release of 2.0.0 cause i really dont want to have to go back and redo them all again :)

I am glad to see others are working on the code and tring to fix. some of the older bugs.
I also have a new ver. of the FSGov system cooking, I had to redo the whole core of it cause of stability issues. Also added alot of features. As soon as i see it runs well with the new RunUO v2.0.0 ill get it up for download.

Ronin

Tru

Knight
RoninGT said:
I plan on updating alot of my scripts, But holding off till after the release of 2.0.0 cause i really dont want to have to go back and redo them all again :)

I am glad to see others are working on the code and tring to fix. some of the older bugs.
I also have a new ver. of the FSGov system cooking, I had to redo the whole core of it cause of stability issues. Also added alot of features. As soon as i see it runs well with the new RunUO v2.0.0 ill get it up for download.

Ronin
Wow 2 different versions to check out....this will be fun.

Tru said:
Wow 2 different versions to check out....this will be fun.
yep....if someone else makes one, I may get horny.

having more than one version to use means more choice, if one dont fit find another, doesnt always have to mean competition

RoninGT

Sorceror
Anti-Basic said:
yep....if someone else makes one, I may get horny.

LMAO, I am not tyring to come in and steal someones thunder. I went off the map there for a few months i am glad ppl are still using / remaking my scripts.

But if its going to be looked at as a Competition. I would rather not post mine.

Anyway off to work for me

Ronin

P.S. Spell Checker Owns!!!

Tru

Knight
RoninGT said:
LMAO, I am not tyring to come in and steal someones thunder. I went off the map there for a few months i am glad ppl are still using / remaking my scripts.

But if its going to be looked at as a Competition. I would rather not post mine.

Ronin

Not competition....choices as Anti-Basic said!!

Anti-Basic said:
having more than one version to use means more choice, if one dont fit find another, doesnt always have to mean competition

Avelyn

Sorceror
RoninGT said:

Ronin

Sweet! Nice to see you back Ronin. Maybe we can combine everyone's versions and have a huge system that will let the players take over the world Muahahaha! Sorry, caught up in the moment. Anyway, I am interested in seeing your new one since I am so well versed in the old one now. Would like to know what you added or changed. I will still release this one unless you have objections, no reasons for any competition! That would be silly.

Pyro-Tech

Knight
RoninGT said:

Ronin

SWEET!!!! that's kewl that you are back and updating this...i love it :D

hmm...minimum 10 chars? :confused: