RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gambler NPC - 2D/3D version *updated*

Status
Not open for further replies.

raistlin

Wanderer
Justin Time said:
I also had a shard hang when I was testing it with my staff char. It happened when I was playing blackjack but I am not sure exatly what caused it. CPU for runuo process went to 100% and I had to restart it to gain control. I wasnt able to get a crash log because I just had to reboot it to clear the problem.

I do think this was maybe your second or third public revision of the script, so I am not sure if you have already corrected the issue.

Let me know if the hanging has been fixed, I got too many players to test it on my live shard.

Zulu

Wanderer
Thanks for the kudos.

I am working on my auction script for RUNUO right now. This version is intergraded with the shard's website.

The NPC: There is an Auction NPC, players put items on the auction. If you join the auction system in game, it displays changes in the auction.

The other part: is an online auction system that allows players to view and bid on items in the auction. This is done from the web browser and they are bidding on items that are in the game. To use this, they will have to log in with their account username and password.

The program: runs on a windoze computer and looks like a stock ticker. In fact, it is a real time auction price ticker. It has the item name and the current price.

My auction program is a real time auction and items are not on for days, but are sold with in a hour.

ultek

Wanderer
this script (i downloaded it 25 minutes ago), hang up my serv (100% procesor use)... something is wrong....

Zulu

Wanderer
I have found the hanging problem and I am working on the fix. I will have a working version in about 30 minutes. Just doing tests on it.

Captain the First, sorry I changed my message just before you posted. My old message, I was asking what version people were using to play the game.

*EDITED*

My brain was occupied with a huge jelly doughnut therefore my post was rendered useless by Zulu's previous post.

My brain now ends this transmission to return to more important matters (a second jelly doughnut)

Zulu

Wanderer
The hanging problem would not always show up. There was a small chance for this to happen and I have found and fixed the problem.

Updates Oct 17:
-fixed double done from finishing game when player is on 3+ cards.
-found and fixed hanging problem in blackjack.
-added auto un-busy system.
-updated winnings to just show actual money won and not money won + bet.
-if player gets a natural 21, then give 1.5 money back.

Click here to download

Zulu

Wanderer
To clear up some questions.

How to play?
You need to type either poker or blackjack and press enter. This is a speech command and not a clicking command.

Only staff can use him?
When you double click the gambler NPC, a status report menu appears and for players to see. This shows how many games are won / lost / tied.

yowyow

Wanderer
this script is very interesting, even i like it :) btw u should make it to where u ca actually play multiplayer with it or single, like 5 ppl max, be pretty cool

Zulu

Wanderer
yowyow, I did not feel like coding my auction system yet. I have always wanted to do a multi player poker/blackjack game. With POL this would not be possible. The more I have been doing with RUNUO, I think it could be done. I have done some tests and they turned out great.

Some Gambler Ideas
1) I think it would need a waiting room where players could join a game or pick players to play against. Maybe have players be able to watch games. anyone could join from anywhere.

OR

2) I was thinking of a deck of cards on a table would be the 'stone' players would double click on to join. That way there would be no waiting room. Everyone would be close to each other, no need for chatting system.

3) Not sure if there would be players against dealer or players against other players.

4) Do you think there might be one player waiting for other players to join and no one will?

There have been some scripts written that no one uses. I would rather work on something that would be used.

psz

Administrator
I think 2) makes the most sense, at least for Poker... Let's face it, every tavern on OSI has a deck of cards laying there... People could just walk up and play.

You could do something similar where players walk up to the Gambler, and double click HIM to start playing for blackjack, though this would only make sense in Buc's Den as a Dealer, not just a Gambler.

Status
Not open for further replies.