RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gambler NPC - 2D/3D version *updated*

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovemenow

Wanderer
The players on my shard cant play for some reason. The Gambler doesn't respond to thier commands. If works for the gms. Am I missing something?

Z

zaphieon

they have to say hi first i think... what happened with my players anyway

Zulu

Wanderer
There are only 2 tests that are put in to check player's access level.

1) Is the reset command, typed. This will remove the busy status of the NPC.

2) Is the static's gump on double click. If a player double clicks the NPC, they will get the paper doll and staff will get the status gump.

The other commands have no access level check. Are you running B35? Do you have a custom BaseCreature.cs file?

My gambler npc is created on the BaseCreature and I have tested B35 with it.

Zulu

Wanderer
On our shard we have a custom verdata and it includes playing cards. I have posted some screen shots so you can see how our system works. The games are the same, the way it looks is different.

Here are the shots from the poker game. This one to remove a card, click on the card.

Tru

Knight
I have tried to d/l this since it was first posted (and yes im using the link on the left, actually tried all of them numerous times)
It just appears to hang.... Zulu if you have a sec can you email this to me
thanks
Tru
[email protected]

locksmith

Wanderer
Great script but i can only get GM's to be able to play. is this on purpose, or am i doing something wrong (probably) hehe.

Really nice tho i want to add it to my shard thanks!

Zulu

Wanderer
Oct 19 - updates

I have fixed the following few things. All links you can download the new version of the script.

1) Problems with players not being able to talk to NPC, it will convert the players text to lower case.
2) Designed a new system to sort the cards when calculating cards in poker. changed to better calculate pairs, etc.
3) Put in a fix so when poker is finished and player clicks on bet, it no longer changes the money won. This was only cosmetic.
4) Put in a fix so if there are not enough cards to deal a complete poker hand, then it will reshuffle.
5) Put in poker instruction after first deal.

Caesar

Wanderer
dsnt work

it stil doesnt work players cannot play ONLY STAFF CAN PLAY!

i got the newest file so y doesnt it work?>

sh1ny

Wanderer
Find the line where it says :

[code:1]public override void OnSpeech( SpeechEventArgs e )[/code:1]

And add before it :

[code:1] public override bool HandlesOnSpeech( Mobile from )
{
if ( from.InRange( this.Location, 12 ) )
return true;

return base.HandlesOnSpeech( from );
}[/code:1]

I suspect Zulu is using an older beta or has modified something, because of b35 if you dont specify this, the npc's will be accepting voice commands only from staff members. The 12 is the range the player must be in, for the NPC to respond, so you can modify it.
:>

Zulu

Wanderer
I have posted my gambler with an updated verdata so you can play the game with real cards. I designed it to use either version on a shard, but not both. If you want to have both version, you will have change the script.

http://www.runuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=164674#164674

Zulu

Wanderer
All players need a copy of the verdata, in order to see the new cards. The gambler2.zip file I posted will add to your verdata.

Players can download just the card patch from, now has instructions.

Click here to download

Z

zaphieon

do you have drake and bear in that verdata as well? cause i use the ridables on my server...

Status
Not open for further replies.