RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gambler NPC - 2D/3D version *updated*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zulu

Wanderer
Horde_Pil, yes that is correct.

gambler.zip = NO verdata
gambler2.zip = requires updated verdata (included in file)

lovemenow, I am not sure why one command will work, but the other won't. Are you using the word blackjack and NOT black jack? Can anyone shed some light?

zaphieon and others, editing verdata files have been going on for over 4 years. This is not new stuff. Use the patch file or something like michelangelo to add to your verdata files.

If you add new gumps or items, both 2D and 3D can see it. Monsters, only 2D can see it.

Everyone has a different verdata, depending on what version of UO they have. The OLD UO version has a large verdata, the NEW UO has a smaller one. If you make one verdata for ALL, you could be erasing stuff that is needed in the OLDER versions.

lovemenow

Wanderer
the players said poker..worked fine....they said blackjack..nothing

i got the newest version of the script but to no avail

Zulu

Wanderer
flowerbudd or zaphieon, if you want I can create a version of verdata with both ridable drake and bear with the cards.

If you send me a link to the drake and bear.

uoexp

Wanderer
ehh im running 34b and this is what i get...

[code:1]Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 0 warnings)
- Error: Scripts\gambler.cs: CS0115: (line 107, column 28) 'Server.Mobiles.Gamb
ler.HandlesOnSpeech(Server.Mobile)': no suitable method found to override
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.[/code:1]

PLease help this looks great!!

K

Krazy_zack

uoexp said:
ehh im running 34b and this is what i get...

[code:1]Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 0 warnings)
- Error: Scripts\gambler.cs: CS0115: (line 107, column 28) 'Server.Mobiles.Gamb
ler.HandlesOnSpeech(Server.Mobile)': no suitable method found to override
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.[/code:1]

PLease help this looks great!!

Give em an inch and they want a mile eh Zulu?

Case in point /\

Upgrade to the latest beta. Older betas are NOT supported (for a reason)

uoexp

Wanderer
i would but it would be to hard, i have to many scripts and i have lost track of were they all are...

Give em an inch and they want a mile eh Zulu?

There is nothing wrong with that ^ and that has nothing to do with my post, you just thought it would be cool to toss it in there lol

richie

Sorceror
ZULU, I am your true fan

ZULU,
I played ever in your shard for over one year. It's very perfect i v ever seen! especially I like your AUCTION SYSTEM a lot, though in POL version.

So, I wonder if you can share the auction system in RUNUO VERSION!
I am not the one who want a mile after you give me an inch, but I really like it. please! I have longed for it for 2 years since your POL age.
My email is : [email protected]

sincerely,
joseph

mikemaz

Wanderer
hi

Im trying to get the gambler2 zip onto my shard . I downloaded the zip saved it to my custom folder took the verdata, tildata and put it into my UO folder the last ones that you posted in here. I cant seem to see the cards at all i get a new window for the game i just cant see the cards . how can i fix this?

Zulu

Wanderer
uoexp, for b34 try removing the following lines of code and see if that works.

[code:1] public override bool HandlesOnSpeech( Mobile from )
{
if ( from.InRange( this.Location, 4 ) )
return true;

return base.HandlesOnSpeech( from ); [/code:1]

Zulu

Wanderer
richie, I have not released that. It is still being worked on, I am creating a bunch of support systems that work with it.

Zulu

Wanderer
mikemaz, I have renamed my verdata.mul to verdata.old. Then I downloaded the actual file I posted (drake_bear_cards.zip). I unzipped the files into my uo directory.

I started RUNUO, then I started UO. It worked 100%, I have no idea why it does not work for you.

Zulu

Wanderer
lovemenow, what did you do to get the blackjack working. Why don't you share what numbers you changed, maybe someone can learn from it.

Zulu

Wanderer
Oct 23 - updates
-wrote a better system for removing busy flag when player losses connection.
-wrote b34 version.
-updated the npc speech.
I just posted an new version of the Gambler NPC on page 1. There are now 2 versions of the original Gambler b34 and b35.

There are now 2 versions of the original Gambler 2 b34 and b35, with the new verdata playing cards.

The b34 version will work on b32,b33,b34.
The b35 version will work on b35,b36,b++.

raistlin

Wanderer
I suggest adding the following to the gambler;

[code:1]
public override bool ClickTitle{ get{ return false; } } // Do not display title in OnSingleClick
[/code:1]

and

[code:1]
NameHue = 0x35;
[/code:1]

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.