RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harvest System [revised] w/ Garden Deed

DarkJustin

Wanderer
Greystar said:
Next logical step is figuring out how to make the built-in plant system use the harvest system. IE the parts where you can plant plants in dirt tiles. Yes i know it might make it so that you would have to elimnate pots and what not since it would look funny if the seed you planted grows into a plant with a pot, but it would be cool if people who customize there houses with dirt would be able to use there dirt spots in the house to include the other seeds and what not. but another thing that occurred to me. How about adding two more garden sizes. IE)
Existing One = Small
New Two = Medium
New Three = Large

add new costs for the new deeds and what not. I still think using the Alchemy skill would be the best skill for use with a Gardening system. Cooking still doesnt seem right, although since it is a little underused I can see why you picked it. But maybe keep the Cooking skill for harvesting but use Alchemy for upkeep and maintenance. Dunno, just an Idea.

So far we are on the same wave length. I've edited the script so that you CAN plant in your customized houses...in the dirt tiles. So that isn't an issue--the plots are for those who A) Don't have the ability to customize or B) Don't want to use their house for it. As far as more sizes...that would be cool--but it is a PIA-Pain in the ass...to edit the tool to make more sizes...i'm sure it can be done. But I want to get my other fixes in--and I'll script some plots sizes. :) As far as upkeep goes--there really isn't any, I mean you plant the plant and it's there. I am not advanced enough in my scripting to actually add in these variables. Maybe we can steal from the Garden System, (ie. orange petals, green needles, etc), for behavioral plants.... it's an idea. ;)

DarkJustin

Wanderer
draco said:
you should change the box to the Seed Box

For what reason? Isn't the seed box for seeds that you plant in the little pots and what not? The crops that are used in this harvest system don't produce seeds--therefore there is really no need for a seed box, however if this system is adapted then maybe that would be useful. Good thought ;).

H

hudel

This Script-set is very cool. Thank you very much for sharing. I have two questions:

1) I've seen that when you destroy your Garden, the plant on it isn't destroyed. It will grow on the normal ground. Has anybody a fix for it?

2) I can't sell the crops with a normal farmer. Just a farm hand can sell them? Can anybody help me there?

And at last a suggestion:
You could take Dupres Marquee to make a larger garden deed ;)...

DarkJustin

Wanderer
hudel said:
This Script-set is very cool. Thank you very much for sharing. I have two questions:

1) I've seen that when you destroy your Garden, the plant on it isn't destroyed. It will grow on the normal ground. Has anybody a fix for it?

2) I can't sell the crops with a normal farmer. Just a farm hand can sell them? Can anybody help me there?

And at last a suggestion:
You could take Dupres Marquee to make a larger garden deed ;)...

Dupres Marquee-- *light bulb* you are right...hehe I'll start working on it ;).

If you'd like to sell crops with the normal farmer...
Go into SBFarmHand.cs and find the seed lines under...
Code:
 		public class InternalBuyInfo : ArrayList 
		{ 
			public InternalBuyInfo() 
			{

And find the specific seed lines...
Code:
Add( new GenericBuyInfo( typeof( Apple ), 3, 20, 0x9D0, 0 ) );
and copy them from the SBFarmHand.cs and put them in SBFarmer.cs in the section with the strings that look alike. ((SBFarmer.cs is located C:\Program Files\RunUO Software Team\RunUO 1.0 RC0\Scripts\Mobiles\Vendors\SBInfo ))

Hope this helps....

((And again I have NO IDEA how to fix the crops that are left in the ground upon garden deletion.))

public fields

I set this up on my shard and at that time I thought that you could only plant this stuff in gardens using the garden deeds. I have players making millions form planting it all across the shard. I don't want to punish then but I want to set it so that the seeds can only be planted in the private gardens. I looked through the coding and only saw stuff for the private gardens. I have checked on runuo and checked for planting and harvesting in my files and the garden files seemed only to deal with the private garden. Any suggestions on where to look and how to adjust it? :confused:

M

Maliki

Its normal for players to be able to plant seeds in farm fields and such....with or without this system.

If you want to restrict the use of farms across the shard, then make regions and add checks in to prevent players from planting seeds.

koluch

Sorceror
Destroy crop gump not working:/

Sould it not when a player picks their crops until there are none left put up the gump, Do you wish to destroy the plant?
I see it in the script but mine is not working( no changes were made to your script)
Is anyone else having this problem, and thanks, the garden is a nice addition to any shard!

Shazzy

Trying

Sorceror
Reagent Seeds/Rest Of Reagents

I know there is currently a new system being worked on for the garden, but for the people that want the rest of the reagent plants for now with seeds, I have attached them.. I take no credit for these, as all ive done is copy and paste mainly from the originals, however you can now place the "Seeds" on your SBFarmhand to sell if you wish, and allow players to grow there own reagent plants, presently they are set at a 1 hour interval, and a random of 50 regs given if successfully harvested...

Some of the "item pictures" that appear in the backpack are not great, mainly.. Egg Case for spider silk, Grapes for blackpearl, BloodMoss is Dates... and lastly the Sulfurous plant gives Egg Shells.. *Yeah I know they suck*, but its the best I could find... :p

Instructions:
Drop everything into your harvest folder.... then if you wish to add the seeds to the SBFarmhand just add the "Seed" part under the others...

Example:
Code:
 Add( new GenericBuyInfo( "Nightshade Seed", typeof( nightshadeseed ), 200, 20, 0xF27, 0x5E2 ) );

Me first real attempt at any kind of script that might be of use to some people, so I hope it will help...

Regards.
Trying.

Attachments

• reagent.zip
    13.8 KB · Views: 100

Forsaken01

Wanderer
Great script. I'm a bit confused though, how does the player purchase a garden deed? I've spawned the Farm Hand, but he only sells seeds. Thanks.

Varkasal

Sorceror
New tree Types?

First of let me start by saying great script ..... secondly Ive made some other fruit trees those being a lemon tree which I made like the bannana and coconut trees meaning its not choppable and there is no sappling for it and I also made an orange tree they both workin in game however the orange tree I made based off of the peach tree and it has a sapling and is choppable and gives oranges .... the probelem being Im not sure how to edit the tree helper so that when the tree is chapped down it becomes an orange tree again when it regrows currently its becoming an apple tree if someone could help Id gladly post any additions I make in this thread

Varkasal

Sorceror
Corn

I went ahead and made Corn for the corn crop here is the updated corncrop.cs and the vegetables.cs files for anyone who wants these I hope You dont mind me adding to you system .... Allready tested these on my server and they work fine with RunUo1.0

Both Files are in the Corncrop zip file below .....
Just unzip and place Corncrop.cs in harvest folder and replace your vegetables.cs file with the one Ive added here and when you pick corn you will now get an ear of Corn :)

Attachments

• CornCrop.zip
    3.4 KB · Views: 82

Varkasal

Sorceror
More Crops .....

Well I was making these for my shard anyway so I figured Id share ..... since nobody else has posted them up here yet ..... here is the watermeloncrop.cs PumpkinCrop.cs and the Squashcrop.cs files enjoy.....

Attachments

• Vegetables.zip
    8.4 KB · Views: 94

Varkasal

Sorceror
Salad Anyone?

Well I figured since we have lettuce Id better make tomatos and Cucumbers so people can make salads lol...... so here they are ...

Just drop cucumbercrop.cs and tomatocrop.cs into your harvest folder and replace vegetable.cs with the one included.....

Attachments

• Salad.zip
    6.3 KB · Views: 89

Varkasal

Sorceror
Lemon and lime

Ok heres my Lemon Tree and Lime Tree since they were allready in Game Ill submit the orange tree as soon as I figure out the prob with treehelper.cs these are unchoppable and granted you cant see the lemons or limes in the tree you can still pick em :) not the best but it works.

Attachments

• Trees.zip
    3 KB · Views: 90

Trying

Sorceror
Forsaken01 said:
Great script. I'm a bit confused though, how does the player purchase a garden deed? I've spawned the Farm Hand, but he only sells seeds. Thanks.

In your SBFarmHand.cs add this line, under the rest of the items...

Add( new GenericBuyInfo( "Garden Tool", typeof( GardenDeed ), 500, 20, 0x13B0, 63 ) );
NOTE: I have changed my tool shape and color, so you may want to modify it.. presently mine is set to: 500 gold, 20 of them, War Axe (id) and its bright green.. but you can change it to whatever you want it to look like on your SBFarmHand.

Trying

Sorceror
Varkasal said:
First of let me start by saying great script ..... secondly Ive made some other fruit trees those being a lemon tree which I made like the bannana and coconut trees meaning its not choppable and there is no sappling for it and I also made an orange tree they both workin in game however the orange tree I made based off of the peach tree and it has a sapling and is choppable and gives oranges .... the probelem being Im not sure how to edit the tree helper so that when the tree is chapped down it becomes an orange tree again when it regrows currently its becoming an apple tree if someone could help Id gladly post any additions I make in this thread

Looking at the treehelper script Varkasal there is references to the 3 main trees pretty much throughout the whole script.. apple..peach..pear.. im guessing you will need to "add" Orange tree under every instant of them.. example:
case (int)TreeType.AppleTree: return "Apple Tree";
case (int)TreeType.PearTree: return "Pear Tree";
case (int)TreeType.PeachTree: return "Peach Tree";
I guess you would add "case (int)TreeType.OrangeTree: return "Orange Tree";
and so on throughout the script...

Here is the Main Section on what regrows/grows on first plant/chopped tree`s.

Point3D pnt = i_stump.Location;
Map map = i_stump.Map;

if ( t_tree == typeof(PeachTree) )
i_newtree = new PeachSapling();
else if ( t_tree == typeof(PearTree) )
i_newtree = new PearSapling();
else
i_newtree = new AppleSapling();
So as I say you would have to "add" the Orange tree throughout the whole script so that it knows what to regrow after its been chopped...

Im no expert at scripts, and I didn`t make this script, so I can only offer limited advice, but I hope it helps you..

"Trying"

Varkasal

Sorceror
Orange Tree

Ok thankd Trying that worked but I had tried it before and it didnt work but thats because I had tried to change the Item Id case of the orange tree to the same as the peach tree apparently I dont have to mess with that line of code anywat here is the Orangetree.cs and the modified treehelper.cs files I may modify the coconut and bannana trees so they can be chopped also and have a sappling for each just gotta see if I can find a proper stump for those ....

Attachments

• OrangeTree.zip
    4.5 KB · Views: 83