RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harvest System [revised] w/ Garden Deed

koluch

Sorceror
Missing something?

I see the "Do you wish to destroy this plant?"( something like that) gump, but when a player harvests, where there is no more to harvet, they are not given the option to destroy?
Am I missing something?

** never mind = PlayerCanDestroy = true;
Im a moron :confused:

koluch

Sorceror
One more thing....

After running the past patch, my SEEDS are on the SBFarmHand as Diamonds and the GardenDeed is just a "Deed", no longer named!
Anyone else see this?

Varkasal

Sorceror
koluch said:
After running the past patch, my SEEDS are on the SBFarmHand as Diamonds and the GardenDeed is just a "Deed", no longer named!
Anyone else see this?

People seem to be having that prob with the latest Osi patch Apparently other people are looking into it .

Broadside

Wanderer
I used the regs script posted but like you said ii get the spidersilk as a egg pod and the bloodmoss is not harvestable. I was hoping to make it so players can grow their own regs but the only one that works correct is garlic. Anyone fix these problems? Also when you try and harvest mandrake it just pulls it from the ground along with nightshade i think.

Trying

Sorceror
Broadside said:
I used the regs script posted but like you said ii get the spidersilk as a egg pod and the bloodmoss is not harvestable. I was hoping to make it so players can grow their own regs but the only one that works correct is garlic. Anyone fix these problems? Also when you try and harvest mandrake it just pulls it from the ground along with nightshade i think.

Hmm Im a little confused on your question.. You say you have gotten the "Egg Pod" from the spidersilk.... which is what its suppose to be... :confused:

The Bloodmoss is not Harvestable... Are you planting the "BloodMossSeed" with the same player your trying to harvest it with... ? If for example your planting seeds with a "Staff" character.. I have found that sometimes the timers don`t start properly.. and the plant just sits there for days without being able to harvest it... (Not sure why)

As posted on my first "add-on" regs script, I didn`t create this script, ive just added the extra "missing" regs to it...

If you have not had any success with sorting out the problem with the "extra reg script" .. try deleting the garden and start from scratch again.. buy the tool.. seeds.. and plant them with a "Normal" none staff character.. and see if that sorts out the problem...

If for any reason your "adding" plants directly to the ground.. ie "[add bloodmossplant" then its unlikely the timer is starting for the harvesting.. again see if the above solution sorts out the problem...

If after you have tried the above, please post your scripts and I`ll take a look at it.

Regards.
Trying.

Alari

Wanderer
DarkJustin said:
-'Growable' Honey w/ bees and what not.

The food and cooking package that I modified (someone else wrote it, I've added things) includes a beekeeping system that I translated, and as far as I can tell (from the translations) it's available to be modified/translated/improved as long as the original author's name remains in the scripts and gumps. So you should be able to add it in as long as you keep the author's name in there.

It's on this site: http://home.ripway.com/2004-10/196971/
under "other's scripts"

I haven't submitted the updated food/cooking (RC0) system here yet because I haven't debugged it fully, and am still adding features. But there are no bugs or internal item leaks in the beekeeping system. =) (at least, as far as I could tell...)

x-ray

Wanderer
After some tests i found one GardenVerifier object on the ground.
I check the code and found it doesn't have blessed set to true.
Possible mistake ?

Trying

Sorceror
x-ray said:
After some tests i found one GardenVerifier object on the ground.
I check the code and found it doesn't have blessed set to true.
Possible mistake ?

Hmmm.. Not sure to be honest, but in the GardenVerifier.cs the verifier is set to invisible and movable false, so the only thing I can think of, is that A) the backpack was full and maybe it could`nt fit it in, or B) it was moved out by a staff member that could see it, (as players cant)...

Not sure if blessed is needed to be honest, as players cant see it anyway, even if they could they cannot move it out, as its unmovable...

Im hoping that all these post and interest in this system might spark a new version of this, as mentioned in earlier posts, suggestions of bigger planting areas was mentioned etc.. so maybe the more experienced scripys can perhaps revamp the system abit, I think the main thing thats needed is to remove the plants when the garden is deleted.... :p

x-ray

Wanderer
I have a small shard with only two staff members - me and my friend. He was warned about verifier. Are u sure if the player is killed the verifier will stay in backpack with current props ? (movable = false, visible = false)

Anyway, i already changed loot type of verifier to blessed. Just to be sure :)
Also, i added in GardenDeed.cs at the beggining of Validate() this code:

Code:
		if (from.Region != null)
		{
			GuardedRegion reg = from.Region as GuardedRegion;

if (reg != null)
			{
				if (!reg.Disabled) return false;
			}
		}

This check is prevent to put garden on guarded regions. Citys is guarded by default, so you dont need to create huge if with the region names check.

Atheena

Wanderer
OSI patche 33

after upgrading to OSI patch 33 my farm hand is now selling diamonds... when you buy them they are still the seeds. Do we have a new fix to go with the changes yet?

Have you see this yet Dark Justin? All is good If I drop my patches back to 4.0.3e patch 27.

Trying

Sorceror
Seems that the seeds have gone the same way as the "deeds" and "crafting books".. only thing we can do is place the seeds on a player vendor, (I know its not the best fix) but I guess its the best we have at the moment, unless you place them as a loot drop on certain monsters...

I know there is a fix for the "deed" problem and the rest of the items in the new runuo, but untill thats released I think we are kinda stuck :(

Trying.

Leffi

Wanderer
Bug at saving stumps!

Hi there,

there is a little saveBug in the last LoadSection of the TreeHelper.cs

instead:

base.Deserialize( reader );
int version = reader.ReadInt();

int e_tree = reader.ReadInt();

switch( e_tree )
{
case (int)TreeType.AppleTree: t_treeType = typeof(AppleTree); break;

USE:
base.Deserialize( reader );
int version = reader.ReadInt();
switch( version )
{
case 0:
{
e_tree = reader.ReadInt();
break;
}
}
switch( e_tree )
{
case (int)TreeType.AppleTree: t_treeType = typeof(AppleTree); break;

without this switch the Load will allways create AppleTreeStumps (thats not good for longer Stumptimes ;) )

Leffi

David

Moderate
I'm sorry but I don't follow you. This code
Code:
int e_tree = reader.ReadInt();
switch( e_tree )
{
	case (int)TreeType.AppleTree:		t_treeType = typeof(AppleTree);	break;
	case (int)TreeType.PearTree:		t_treeType = typeof(PearTree);	break;
	case (int)TreeType.PeachTree:		t_treeType = typeof(PeachTree);	break;
}
sets the type of FruitTreeStump. What you added was a switch statement which branches on the version of the save. Since the version at this point is 0, there was no real reason to bother with the branching.

Are you having an issue with having only apple tree stumps on server starts?

Alari

Wanderer
David said:
Are you having an issue with having only apple tree stumps on server starts?

I just tested this on my shard. Granted I'm using v1.3 of the harvest system, but yes, pear and peach stumps all come back as apple tree stumps when the server gets restarted.

Edit: Nevermind, the right trees grow back. The stumps DO say "apple tree" though, but when the saplings grow back they become the trees they're supposed to be.

David

Moderate
Version 1.4 fixed a lot of minor bugs like that, I can't say for sure this was one of them but looking at the current scripts I still don't see the problem. I am thinking it is good in the current version.

Jarrod

Sorceror
are you still able to harvest multiple flax plants at one time?

If so, its an issue that needs to be resolved.

Issue in plant harvesting is

FLAX --> Yarn --> Bolt --> Cloths

At moment every plant has 3 second delay. then you can harvest from it again if its not empty. You can still harvest 6 different plants at same time.

You get ~ 4000 flax in 30 minutes, and thats only if you empty the flax plant all the way (takes around 5 tries to get all the resources out of them). Most cases you get most out with fist 2 attempts. if you leave the leftovers and go to next plant right away you get around 6000-7000 flax in 30 minutes.

7000 flax = 42000 yarn @9gp = 378,000 gold in 30 minutes. dropping the price flax is sold at wont stop the problem.

When harvesting a plant, and trying to harvest from another, there should be something to block a player from harvesting on more than one plant at a time.

Alari

Wanderer
Yeah I remember someone complaining that their players were able to "tailor a castle" as they put it. ;)

Other than disabling NPCs buying player goods, what's a good way to fix that?

Funphoto

Wanderer
Any resolve

Anyone know why it is still coming up as diamonds on the vendor? Are there extra lines we can put in that will force the name on each seed???

If I were better at scripting, I would fix it myself. I am looking into taking classes to learn C#... but difficult to find them.

Untill then, this is just another minor problem.

THANKS!