RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help, Pay Gates

Black Rat

Wanderer
Cmonkey123 said:
I don't get it... we lost in vietnam...

Not really my friend, we quit and went home because we saw the futility in trying to save a people unwilling to save themselves.
8)

Cmonkey123

Wanderer
Black Rat said:
Cmonkey123 said:
I don't get it... we lost in vietnam...

Not really my friend, we quit and went home because we saw the futility in trying to save a people unwilling to save themselves.
8)

What? I don't get it?

We went home because we lost so many people. That war was a disaster on the US' part.

who cares about this stupid stuff.. people are people no matter where they live. poor sparda had a freakin question :?

Im a total newb but wouldnt it be like.. something like when you double click it consumes gold from your backpack but i dunno about the locked part... wouldnt you have to script the gate or something ack i dunno lol :shock:

Cmonkey123

Wanderer
Nacho_Supreme said:
who cares about this stupid stuff.. people are people no matter where they live. poor sparda had a freakin question :?

Im a total newb but wouldnt it be like.. something like when you double click it consumes gold from your backpack but i dunno about the locked part... wouldnt you have to script the gate or something ack i dunno lol :shock:

lol, how did this topic get like this anyways?

S

shadeuo

I think this is the shit ryan was talking about. I remember him saying no more. and he hired moderators to keep this shit off the forum. so where are they? Its called remove or at least move to water cooler.

Horde_Pil

Wanderer
hey, i just wanted to let everyone know i was not replying out of anger, i was just informing.. nor did i say anything bad about england.. i like england (even though i am a native american) cous i know thats where we (USA) come from mainly, also the ppl from ngland please dont be so rude. you all did your part in the war as mush as us. i never sead you didnt.. i was just letting it be known that the USA did its part.. also as for the vietnam you both are right, we stoped cous of all the deaths AND they did not want to help them selves.. its only cous thats how the ppl over there at the time lived and its all they knew.. it might not be that way any more.. as for us helping others YES i agree, as humans it is our moral imperative.. and as for the moving of this script please dont stop the responses, if you want to move it thats fine but let us discus this through till everyone can have a say.. as for the ppl who think this is stupid to discuss, thats fine if you dont want to hear it.. its all fine and understandable.. but as for the rest like myself we do need to talk about it, and not attac eachother.. you must remember everyone, that englands books and american books on the subject dont tell the whole story and it is good for both of our countries to discuss what the other knows of this history.. One last thing to the english, please, lets both be civil for the rest of this conversation.. i think everyone who has posted in response even if put in from hatred had a point.. lets just keep the points comming and leave the hate out.. i think we all did our part in the war, and from what i studued that is how it happened.. we ALL did our part.. ;0)

Horde_Pil

Wanderer
oh one last thing i mean to say for everyone not to be rude, not JUST the english.. sorry if you took that wrong ok.. my bad

Cmonkey123

Wanderer
You got me stuck on this now :) (I love debates)!

You're right, Vietnamese didn't want help because they believed that they should be independent from France. The people didn't want the South president as their leader, but the US supported him. So we came in and tried to "save the day" and "protect" the South Vientnamese...

All it became was a blood bath, and the US turned out on the bottom in the end.

And I just have to get this off my chest:
Even though I am an American, I believe some of us are full of ourselves, and we don't think twice about other people.

Lastly, this topic really needs to be locked, deleted, or at least moved.

Horde_Pil

Wanderer
yes i agree some of us are full of ourselves like everyone else ;0)

but hey, as i sead i want just to keep this cinversation civil and yes i love a good debate myself hahahaha

Black Rat

Wanderer
so, how would you make a "toll booth" or some such? Say if you had a sporting event and you wanted to charge the spectators, like say a pvp tourny or a jousting match, I think Sparda had a hell of an idea going in to this and I would actually like to see his idea develop in to an item that would work much like a toll booth, gimme like 50 years and I might figure it out but I think you guys will have a much easier go of it.

could you maybe make an NPC that when paid casts a gate to a pre-determined point? and could that gate be player specific for the player that paid, much like the "horn of retreat" for [young] players on an osi shard, that when they use the horn a gate opens that only they can use?

8)

CraZy_NooB

Wanderer
or u can just make a stone that will consume gold from backpack and teleport you to diff location and if you dont got enough gold, it will message( you do no have enough gold in your backpack )

you can customize this, bring up a menu that says pick location, then u gotta pay for diff locations depending how far they are, like a tollway.

make it if you want, all u hafe to do is modify a travelstone really.

CraZy_NooB

Wanderer
lol...go for it, its not that hard to make it, i could probably make one real quick if i wanted to, i guess i can make it tomorrow, i'll probably be bored later anyways, so i might as well :D

i'll post back here when i put in script submission, i'll make it look good i guess.... 8) 8) 8)