RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here we go again....

Slayer706

Sorceror
Here we go again....

I could never connect to my own RunUO 1.0.0 server, so I figured I would try 2.0.0.
Right off the bat with a fresh install I have an error.
Code:
Listener bind exception:
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Unknown error (0xffffffff)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBeginAccept(LazyAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.BeginAccept(AsyncCallback callback, Object state
)
   at Server.Network.Listener.Bind(IPAddress ip, Int32 port)
The error doesn't cause the server to shut down or anything.

Now, I do not have a router. I have edited Login.cfg with "LoginServer=LocalHost,2593" (saw it in another thread). I have .Net Framework 2.0. It is a fresh install of RunUO 2.0.0. Just 5 minutes old with no edits. I cannot connect to my own server with any IP I try. I have tried both IPs that are displayed on the console. I have tried 127.0.0.1. I have tried the local IP in my network settings. I have tried my IP from whatismyip.com. All firewall is turned off completely. I always get either the "Couldn't connect to Ultima Online" or "There is a problem connecting to Origin".

So any ideas?

Phantom

Knight
Post the contents of your console.

Do you have any anti-virus programs, this is the RunUO 2.0.0 RC1 release not an unsupported revision off the svn repository correct?

Post your Serverlist.cs, if its edited then that would explain why you cannot connect.

You should also NOT modify your login.cfg since it will make you unable to patch your client. You should also make sure your client is the current version, if its not then you will need to patch your client to the current version before we can help find the cause of your inability to connect to yourself.

I have tried the local IP in my network settings.

If your not behind a router, then how do you have a local ip exactly?

All computers if they have any networking installed have a localhost address, unless you change its by default 127.0.0.1, if you have another local ip 99.9% of the time means your networked other then being directly connected to the internet.

Provide us with MORE information, without this information we cannot help you. Here is your fair warning, I want you to provide the information I requested, if for any reason you don't want to provide the information DO NOT REPLY TO ME.

Slayer706

Sorceror
First of all, your attitude is very poor.
Second, I do not have a router because I would have a little box connected to my modem.
I have not edited Serverlist.cs.
I said in my opening post I have all firewall disabled, that includes anti-virus.
Yes this is the RunUO 2.0.0 RC1.
This is everything on the console, the rest of it is useless which is why I only posted the error part.
Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (cached)
Scripts: Compiling VB.NET scripts...no files found.
Scripts: Verifying...done (2086 items, 497 mobiles)
Regions: Loading...done
World: Loading...done (99853 items, 2418 mobiles) (7.12 seconds)
Listener bind exception:
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Unknown error (0xffffffff)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBeginAccept(LazyAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.BeginAccept(AsyncCallback callback, Object state
)
   at Server.Network.Listener.Bind(IPAddress ip, Int32 port)
Address: 127.0.0.1:2593
Address: 192.168.1.97:2593

By local IP I meant the IP listed in my local area connection status. I am not networked.

I think I provided you with sufficient information in the first post. I doubt what I just posted will enlighten you with the full knowledge of my problem.... I can't see one thing in thist post that really gives "new" information.

EDIT - A friend just tried to connect to my server using every IP I threw at him. The console didn't display any messages of him trying to connect, and all his UO did was freeze uo on the connecting screen.
By the way:

Provide us with MORE information, without this information we cannot help you. Here is your fair warning, I want you to provide the information I requested, if for any reason you don't want to provide the information DO NOT REPLY TO ME. I am not even going to explain why I feel I have to explain this, since I am sure you would get upset with me.
I gave you everything you requested. I doubt any of it will help. Either way you need to adjust your attitude. I am not an idiot as you seem to think I am.

Phantom

Knight
Second, I do not have a router because I would have a little box connected to my modem.

Your dsl/cable modem is a router...

I have not edited Serverlist.cs.

Since you have not modified your Serverlist.cs or done a port forward on your modem, this is why you cannot connect to yourself or anyone outside of your network.

I said in my opening post I have all firewall disabled, that includes anti-virus.

You said firewall, not anti-virus, the socket issue you posted is sometimes cause by certain anti-virus programs.

This is everything on the console, the rest of it is useless which is why I only posted the error part.

I will decide whats important and whats not important and what I information I need to help you. Like I said your welcome not to accept my help, just don't reply to me telling me that I don't need the information I requested.

By local IP I meant the IP listed in my local area connection status. I am not networked.

What can I say the following ip: 192.168.1.97 is a network ip. Its NOT POSSIBLE to have an ip given to you by an isp in that range.

I think I provided you with sufficient information in the first post. I doubt what I just posted will enlighten you with the full knowledge of my problem.... I can't see one thing in thist post that really gives "new" information.

I know exactly why you cannot connect to your shard. I know how that you have a dsl/cable modem like myself that is a wireless modem/router that your connected to. I now know that you didn't modify the Serverlist.cs so you can connect to your shard. You have told me everything I need to help you figure out and how to solve the problem.

I gave you everything you requested. I doubt any of it will help. Either way you need to adjust your attitude. I am not an idiot as you seem to think I am.

I have experience dealing with people who have an attitude myself. I didn't want to get into a discussion and explain why I needed the information I requested. I really don't have an attitude, I could start having an attitude if you want me to. Of course you would not like me when I am upset, which I am neither upset or impress with your attitude towards me.

Regards to you being an idiot, I never claimed you were an idiot, but you clearly have some bad information about the hardware your using.

First of all, your attitude is very poor.

I will have to disagree with this statement.

Why don't you tell me the model of your modem, a simple google search will allow me to to find the documentation, to allow me to help you. You could also do this yourself if you think you have the experience required to figure it out on your own.

All I can say is I have experience with every problem on this board, I am able to help anyone with almost any problem they have, I am an expert when it comes to RunUO. Your welcome to ignore this post, your welcome to do anything you want, but I only help people who appreciate my help.

So choose the words in your next reply, knowing that fact, of course I am not the only person who is an expert. So feel free to say anything you want to me, nothing you say or do will effect me in a negative or postive way at this point in time.

Slayer706

Sorceror
I appreciate the help, but not the "I know everything." attitude.
Model: C90-610030-06
Lets just say I will be extremely suprised if in less than two hours you manage to solve my problem since I have had this problem for a year or two now and have had several people attempt to help me before.

Phantom

Knight
Slayer706 said:
I appreciate the help, but not the "I know everything." attitude.
Model: C90-610030-06
Lets just say I will be extremely suprised if in less than two hours you manage to solve my problem since I have had this problem for a year or two now and have had several people attempt to help me before.

You have the similar modem as I do, with my Verizon account here in Florida. I don't know everything, but I can find the answer to any question, its just a matter of looking for it.

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/11010

All you have to do is login to your modem's ip and you will be able to forward the port.

Additional Information:

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/6096

Because the Westell is actually a router and by default blocks ports, some popular games and applications may not work correctly. Therefore changes must be made to open certain ports or assign a specific IP to a computer.

I love being right...

Built in DHCP Server (Default Modem IP - 192.168.1.254, Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0, DHCP Address Range - 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.253)

The Westell 2100/2200/6100s supplied by BellSouth are also routers. This eliminates the need for another external wireless router in order to network your computers. Using a simple Wireless Access Point (WAP) with the Westell enables an inexpensive way to share your connection that is easy to set up and very reliable.

All I know is you should find people who know what they are talking about. When you do find somebody don't be shocked when they know what they are talking about. What can I say, I have been around to hear just about everything.

I believe the default username is "admin" or "administrator" the default password is null or nothing or blank.

Slayer706

Sorceror
Well I set "192.168.1.254" as the IP in gateway. I also set up the modem to port forward Ultima Online (pre-configured) to the computer. Still nothing. Anything else I should do? Should I select port 2593 manually?

Phantom

Knight
Slayer706 said:
Well I set "192.168.1.254" as the IP in gateway. I also set up the modem to port forward Ultima Online (pre-configured) to the computer. Still nothing. Anything else I should do? Should I select port 2593 manually?

Are you sure you did the port forward to the correct network ip?

I don't know what exact modem you have, mine is a wireless and had 4 ports, and its of course was provider by another isp provider.

Post your Serverlist.cs, if you have changed it then you should have modified it.

Slayer706

Sorceror
Code:
using System;
using System.Net;
using System.Net.Sockets;
using Server;
using Server.Network;

namespace Server.Misc
{
	public class ServerList
	{
		/* Address:
		 * The default setting, a value of 'null', will attempt to detect your IP address automatically:
		 * private const string Address = null;
		 * This detection, however, does not work for servers behind routers. If you're running behind a router, put in your IP:
		 * private const string Address = "12.34.56.78";
		 * If you need to resolve a DNS host name, you can do that too:
		 * private const string Address = "shard.host.com";
		 */

public static readonly string Address = "192.168.1.254";

public const string ServerName = "Test";

public static void Initialize()
		{
			Listener.Port = 2593;

EventSink.ServerList += new ServerListEventHandler( EventSink_ServerList );
		}

public static void EventSink_ServerList( ServerListEventArgs e )
		{
			try
			{
				IPAddress ipAddr;

if ( Resolve( Address != null && !IsLocalMachine( e.State ) ? Address : Dns.GetHostName(), out ipAddr ) )
					e.AddServer( ServerName, new IPEndPoint( ipAddr, Listener.Port ) );
				else
					e.Rejected = true;
			}
			catch
			{
				e.Rejected = true;
			}
		}

public static bool Resolve( string addr, out IPAddress outValue )
		{

if ( IPAddress.TryParse( addr, out outValue ) )
                return true;

try
			{
				IPHostEntry iphe = Dns.GetHostEntry( addr );

if ( iphe.AddressList.Length > 0 )
				{
					outValue = iphe.AddressList[iphe.AddressList.Length - 1];
					return true;
				}
			}
			catch
			{
			}

outValue = IPAddress.None;
			return false;
		}

private static bool IsLocalMachine( NetState state )
		{
			Socket sock = state.Socket;

IPAddress theirAddress = ((IPEndPoint)sock.RemoteEndPoint).Address;

if ( IPAddress.IsLoopback( theirAddress ) )
				return true;

bool contains = false;

IPHostEntry iphe = Dns.GetHostEntry( Dns.GetHostName() );

for ( int i = 0; !contains && i < iphe.AddressList.Length; ++i )
				contains = theirAddress.Equals( iphe.AddressList[i] );

return contains;
		}
	}
}
I don't think I edited it right..... The instructions at the top weren't exactly that clear to me.

As for to the correct network IP, there was only one thing it would let me forward it to.

Phantom

Knight
public static readonly string Address = "192.168.1.254";

You do understand your local network ip is not 192.168.1.254 but its 192.168.1.97 so you need to foward the port to 192.168.1.97 not 192.168.1.254

Slayer706

Sorceror
It comes up with a list of preconfigured ports, I picked Ultima Online, then it came up with a box asking which computer to forward it to. So since there was only one computer I picked the only one on the list. So right now I am pretty confused since theres 3 IP numbers that all need to go somewhere, but I don't know where. I have tried the IPs 192.168.1.97 and 192.168.1.254 in Serverlist.cs. Then I tried to connect to the server using both of them, and nothing.

Rhexis

Knight
You picked UO from a list of preconfigured programs for forwarding? I only ask because Im fairly sure the ports UO itself uses (mainly to connect to the patch server methinks) are different from the ones RunUO uses. So its likely you'll have to forward manually.

start > run > cmd.exe then enter ipconfig. Should spit out a few numbers at you, but the first, Address, is the current network IP for that particular computer.

Phantom, is it possible the second IP his router gave him is the IP of the router itself? -Should prolly bugger off in issues she doesnt know much about-

Slayer706

Sorceror
Well if I have to manually forward the ports 2593 and 2594 I need to figure out what to put for the base port. I tried doing a search on google for "base port" and nothing useful came up.

WeEzL

Wanderer
If I'm not mistaken, and if I understand what your router is asking for, 2593 is the value you should enter as the base port as well.

WeEzL

Wanderer
And you've forwarded the port to 192.168.1.97? This is also the IP that has to be entered into your serverlist.cs.

By the way, just out of curiosity, are you using something like Razor or UOGateway to connect to your server? If I am not mistaken, RunUO requires a non-encrypted client, so just editting your login.cfg will not work because your client is still encrypted (unless there's also an option within the login.cfg that removes the encryption... I don't know, I've never had to edit my login.cfg because I've always used UOGateway). You need to use either Razor or UOGateway (or even UORice) to remove the encryption otherwise you could have all of your settings correct and it will still give you the "Cannot connect" error.

Slayer706

Sorceror
Right now I am using Razor because UO Gateway is setup to use a client for a custom server. I have that IP in my Serverlist.cs. As for forwarding it to that IP, I am assuming it did because it only gave me one option of where to forward it. The option was my computer's name.....

WeEzL

Wanderer
Ah, I see. I'm not familiar with what the configuration screen looks like for that router... so sorry if some of what I say seems like a shot in the dark, because it is.

As for additional options to try, I find myself at a loss right at the moment though I'll be sure to post again if I think of something (brain... not... working).

Slayer706

Sorceror
Meh it's not that big of a problem. RunUO has been this way to me for so long that even if it takes another week or two for this to be figured out it won't matter much. Lots of people have tried to help me in the past and its always ended with the same problem.

It is annoying that my friends just open up Gateway, put in 127.0.0.1 as the IP, and it works perfectly for them.