RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here we go again....

Slayer706

Sorceror
I don't think it is my modem not liking games because I can connect to other servers and play other online games where I host my own server sometimes. I think RunUO just hates me.

Phantom

Knight
Slayer706 said:
I don't think it is my modem not liking games because I can connect to other servers and play other online games where I host my own server sometimes. I think RunUO just hates me.

Your just doing it wrong.

Phantom, is it possible the second IP his router gave him is the IP of the router itself? -Should prolly bugger off in issues she doesnt know much about-

This is not possible.

192.168.1.97 is your local network ip, you need to forward port 2593 to 192.168.1.97 and allow all traffic to that port, both incomming and outgoing.

You can connect to 192.168.1.97 and of course use Mr. Fixit's Serverlist.cs or modify the default serverlist.cs to allow for both your external connections and incomming connections.

Slayer706

Sorceror
Ok I have forwarded the port using the tutorial link you gave me. I put that IP in the Serverlist.cs. Mr. Fixit's Serverlist.cs doesn't seem to do anything either. It still says I can't connect and it doesn't show me connecting in the console.

So what exactly have I not done or have done incorrectly?

I don't know, maybe I can just unhook the modem from the computer and use the IP 127.0.0.1 or something. I just need a way to test scripts in-game without having to beg one of my friends to open up their servers...

Phantom

Knight
Slayer706 said:
Ok I have forwarded the port using the tutorial link you gave me. I put that IP in the Serverlist.cs. Mr. Fixit's Serverlist.cs doesn't seem to do anything either. It still says I can't connect and it doesn't show me connecting in the console.

So what exactly have I not done or have done incorrectly?

I don't know, maybe I can just unhook the modem from the computer and use the IP 127.0.0.1 or something. I just need a way to test scripts in-game without having to beg one of my friends to open up their servers...

Code:
public static readonly string Address = "192.168.1.97";

If you modify the default serverlist, and try to connect to 127.0.0.1 your unable to connect with Razor?

I assume the client is the current version, if its not the current version, you need to patch. This is an reply based on past experiences, I have not read the other replies in this thread because I choose to ignore them.

Post a screenshot of the page where it shows the information for the port forward, and any additional information you think its important.

Slayer706

Sorceror
That IP is in the Serverlist.cs.
Correct I can't connect with Razor using the IP 127.0.0.1, and the console doesn't even display a message about anyone connecting.
This is a copy and paste of all the text in the port forwarding area:
Code:
Service Name      Service Mode    Host Device     
Ultima Online   Port Forwarding   d76k9821   
*My New Service Port Forwarding   d76k9821 

Service Details: 
Service Name *My New Service
Type: Port Forwarding 
Port 1

Protocol: TCP
Global Port(s): 2593-2594
Base Host Port: 2593
My client is fully patched. I tried unplugging the modem from my computer and trying to connect with the IP 127.0.0.1 also, and it didn't work.

Joeku

Lord
Try Fixit's ServerList 2.0 (or is it 2.2 now?)

I had the same problem with the stock ServerList, but it worked with Fixit's.

Slayer706

Sorceror
Where can I download the latest version? I tried to search for Mr. Fixit and Serverlist but they came up with over 400 pages of results.

Phantom

Knight
On my modem, the same brand as yours, I have to enable the given service "port forward" before it will work.

Try to enable My New Service and it should work.

ratzerna

Sorceror
Are you still getting the System.Net.Sockets.SocketException when you start RunUO 2.0RC1? I see all these posts about configuring port forwarding and such, but if your getting the error below still, all the port forwarding in the world won't help connect.

Honestly the SocketException error (I don't know for sure), but seems like it's two copies of RunUO running at the same time. Or something else is already got a handle on that port on your machine.

I haven't seen any responses that said the error below has gone away.

Things to check:
Adware protection software
Web Content protection software
Anti-Virus software
Firewalls

I saw the posts that you disabled your firewall. McAfee in some versions will still block ports (and not be listed under filewall settings). A lot of anti-virus software include shutting down any outgoing ports.

Also, I had a problem where on my Kids computers they could not connect to the RunUO server on their own machine, even on localhost with all anti-virus turned off or firewalls turned off. They had no problem connecting to my server or servers on the internet. It turned out to be that it was the Parental Control software (Cybersitter) that was disabling any listening ports from network traffic (even localhost, go figure). The moral of this story is, you may have to disable any web content protection software if it's installed as well.

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (cached)
Scripts: Compiling VB.NET scripts...no files found.
Scripts: Verifying...done (2086 items, 497 mobiles)
Regions: Loading...done
World: Loading...done (99853 items, 2418 mobiles) (7.12 seconds)
Listener bind exception:
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Unknown error (0xffffffff)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBeginAccept(LazyAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.BeginAccept(AsyncCallback callback, Object state
)
   at Server.Network.Listener.Bind(IPAddress ip, Int32 port)
Address: 127.0.0.1:2593
Address: 192.168.1.97:2593
Good luck.

Ratzerna

Slayer706

Sorceror
I have all firewall set to allow all traffic through the ports 2593 and 2594. I am still getting the socket error even when all my firewall is off though. I do have McAfee, does it block the ports even though you set them to have full access? RunUO is the only program on this computer that uses those ports, and I am not running two servers at the same time. So I don't know anything that could be blocking those ports with all firewall off and all firewall set to allow all traffic through them.

@Phantom - It is either there or it isn't. There isn't a disable or enable. There is a delete button and a details button.

didymus

Wanderer
This is very peculiar. The IP 127.0.0.1 is your computer's loopback address, and is used in various internal self tests. The 192.168.-.- range is, usually, used by network hardware: A network card usually has an internal IP address in this range. Accessing your own shard shouldn't be a problem?

didymus

Wanderer
I don't know how anything other than broadband works, but, have you checked "Network Connections" in "Control Panel"?

If you Right-click on "Local Area Connection", select "Status", the Support Tab, then "Details" you should see various, useful pieces of information:

IP Address - Your external IP.

DNS Servers - Your network hardware IP.

Hope this helps?

Slayer706

Sorceror
It displays 2 different IP addresses, the same ones I have been seeing: 192.168.1.97 and 192.168.1.254. I have tried both of those in the Severlist.cs and I have tried to log in to my server with those and 127.0.0.1.

If what ratzerna said was true, and that I won't be able to log in to my server as long as it is displaying the socket error, I guess I need to worry about fixing that first.

Slayer706

Sorceror
As I said in the first post, I am using the latest one with the latest security update. Just before I attempted to run my RunUO 2.0.0 server for the first time, I went to windows update and had .Net Framework 2.0 Security Update installed. Then I restarted and tried to run it. I get that socket error everytime regardless whether my firewall and anti-virus is on or off.

Tannis

Knight
Slayer706 said:
I have all firewall set to allow all traffic through the ports 2593 and 2594. I am still getting the socket error even when all my firewall is off though. I do have McAfee, does it block the ports even though you set them to have full access? RunUO is the only program on this computer that uses those ports, and I am not running two servers at the same time. So I don't know anything that could be blocking those ports with all firewall off and all firewall set to allow all traffic through them.

@Phantom - It is either there or it isn't. There isn't a disable or enable. There is a delete button and a details button.
We used to use McAfee too. Even though you have it disabled, it will still give you those socket things. We had them on all 4 computers in this house until we got rid of it. No more McAfee = No more socket things.

Slayer706

Sorceror
Yeah but my question is, is that the only way? I was going to put RunUO on another computer, but it can't have internet access so I can't download the .Net Framework from the Microsoft Update site. I am not going to completely get rid of the security I paid for just so I can run RunUO..... There has to be a way to just completely stop McAfee from working for a while without completely uninstalling it.

I doubt there is a way to get .Net Framework off of this computer and put it on the other one, but if anyone knows a way..... It would solve this.

I am now in Task Manager ending every process that even looks like it would go with McAfee, maybe there is a list of the processes that are McAfee and I can end all of them?

EDIT - I have tried everything.... I moved every .dll and .exe file in the McAfee folder into another hoping it would screw it up some how and it wouldn't work. It worked, except there was still one process that involved McAfee that was still running. I tried running the server, and it didn't work. When I tried to end the process it said access was denied. So I am taking a guess there is no way to effectively shut down McAfee without uninstalling it.

So about the only way I will be able to use RunUO it seems, is if I can get .Net Framework onto my other computer without the use of the microsoft update site. Any ideas on how/if that is possible?

ratzerna

Sorceror
You can definitely download the FULL .NET installer from microsoft and burn it to a CD or USB Drive or something. That's actualy how I have to install it here in the Rural VA area .. only have dial-up and I just download everything at work first and bring it home on CD or USB drive.