RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here we go again....

Slayer706

Sorceror
Ok, I have RunUO 2.0.0 on a new computer now. It has the same router, but no firewall or antivirus whatsoever. I no longer have the socket error, but I still can't connect. The ports are forwarded, there is no firewall, and I am using Mr. Fixit's latest Serverlist.cs. The console still doesn't even register that I am trying to connect.

So..... Anymore theories now?

My new console:
Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (cached)
Scripts: Compiling VB.NET scripts...no files found.
Scripts: Verifying...done (2086 items, 497 mobiles)
Regions: Loading...done
World: Loading...done (99859 items, 2418 mobiles) (6.56 seconds)
ServerList 2.2
Welcome to SERVER'S NAME
Internet IP: 68.212.243.240 (http://checkip.dyndns.org/)
Reports: Stats: Loading...done
Reports: Staff: Loading...done
Address: 127.0.0.1:2593
Address: 192.168.1.97:2593

Slayer706

Sorceror
That was the first thing I tried..... I have tried to connect through UO Gateway with the all of the IPs displayed on the console and with "192.168.1.254".

Slayer706

Sorceror
Well I haven't installed any. And I went to Control Panel and the Windows firewall isn't in there. I did a search for it, and I can't find it. So I am guessing it isn't on here.

Slayer706

Sorceror
Ok, I don't have service pack two. And I have searched for the following things in the windows search:
Firewall
Security
Center
Security Center
Personal

With zero results on drive C.

Tee312

Wanderer
sorry for a late reply, busy tonight :)
ill lead you to how to get to the windows firewall, or least how i get to it :

1. Goto control pannel
2. Network and Internet Connection
3. Network connections
4. (Should be a local connection here) Right click on it, go down to properties, advanced tab, theres internet connection firewall, not really windows, but this might be causing it. Forward port 2593, by clicking settings at botton of "Advanced" tab

Slayer706

Sorceror
I have the box next to "Protect my computer and network...." unchecked. So I take it that means the firewall is turned off because I can't access the Settings button until I check the box. I checked the box and went into settings and couldn't find any port forwarding option either. All I saw was how to open a port.

Tee312

Wanderer
hrm, well i have the box checked, and i opened port 2593, moretheless port forward, but im not behind a router..

Slayer706

Sorceror
Oh, proffesional..... Sorry about that, I just spent the past 7 hours getting RunUO, UO Gateway, Ultima Online, and .Net Framework 2.0 on another computer without using the internet. I am a little dead inside.

Slayer706

Sorceror
Yeah and on two computers too.... I am thinking it has to be this dang router since it is one of the only things both computers have in common UO wise. I wonder, if I uninstall the router, will I not have a router IP anymore? That would mean I wouldn't have to forward any ports or anything.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
you realize that 127 only refers to THAT computer, correct? i.e. 127 is the IP of the host computer when talking to itself.