RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey Zippy, Tree-hack much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy

Razor Creator
Well I find this all hillarious.

Seanchen is right, you cannot seriously expect anyone to come on demand and post for you. I'm not your litte servent girl, I don't come when called, and I'm not scared by your threats. Though, for the record, class don't start till next week... I was eating dinner with my wife.

Yes. Razor v29 had a tree hack in it. It was undoubtedly harder to find than an actual functioning tree hack. In fact, to find this (and subsequently post it) you had to violate laws in most major countries, and Razor's license agreement:
Razor License said:
10. In addition to local, federal, and international laws
prohibiting reverse engineering, the Licensee herby agrees to at no
time make any attempts to decompile Razor or associated libraries
or alter them in any way other without express written consent
from the author.
So you found it. Congrats! What does that buy you (other than a tree hack)? Maybe a loss of any respect you had? Not much really.

Not that I really care. I don't have to explain anything to you. I write this program to do whatever I want, where ever I want, however I want, when ever I want. Razor isn't designed to be a cheat tool. As I've said many times... But it is still up to me what to put in it. Its not up to you, and pubic outcry really doesn't help your case. I was seriously considering ways in which you suggested to make Razor controlable by shard admins... But we'll see if that happens now. I can be childish too, see!

By the way, I haven't updated the Razor site in over a year... so whatever quotes you want to pull from there have probably been there since the site was created. See, even from the begining razor came with a warning that someone out there will always think its a cheat. That's life.

So I'd like to propose something. Say I wrote Razor, and I wanted to autoloot thigns. Even though Razor doesn't have that, theres this nifty feature called "#if" in C# and "#ifdef" in C++ that lets me choose which things get compiled in. Do you really think that there's nothing in the Razor source that I #if out just for myself? Maybe the Tree hack was one of those? And it just accidentally made it in. It isn't in 0.1.30 thats for sure.

Don't worry, thats not true. I deliberately put in the Tree Hack. For fun, to see if anyone would notice. I guess someone did.

Anyways, kids, learn from this post. Don't be an asshole like this guy. Honestly, what did he think I was going to do? I was gonna read his post 30 seconds after he posted it, and spend 59 minutes cleaverly crafting a public appology? Yes, I'm sorry for writing whatever the hell I want. I'm sorry it upsets you. Maybe you should find more constructive ways to vent your anger? Maybe if you were concerned you should have contacted me privately about it? Maybe you should go play in traffic?

Food for thought.

Zippy

Razor Creator
PS. I have root access to all of the servers/websites which you threatened. You don't seriously think I can't ipchains deny you from all of those sites, do you?

WarAngel

Wanderer
Kadull said:
any thought into my post?

Zippy said:
I was seriously considering ways in which you suggested to make Razor controlable by shard admins... But we'll see if that happens now. I can be childish too, see!

I suppose it's good that he's at least considered it, and in a serious manner at that.

Kadull

Wanderer
yep.... scimmed right over it.

anyways, i hope you will consider it zippy. Dont let a moron like him ruin it for everyone else.

Courageous

Wanderer
...ok, its obvious that razor is only going to make gameplay cheaper and cheaper for UO, and i have a feeling theres nothign we can do to stop it.

Smaller shards will be able to stop it by turning on LOS in the upcoming LOS engine release. No tree hack or wall-drop hack will help you there. Drop the walls and trees if you want, but you still can't see or target your enemy. The server controls that.

This is all a pointless tirade. You've been able to do this stuff since six months after the beta began. Nothing new here at all, move along, move along.

C//

Zippy You have always written awesome code. You know that and everyone else out here knows that. I say If someone doesn't want to use a tool you provide to them (at no cost) then fine but they should just say thank you and go on their way. To B*T*H about a free tool as if they were paying for it to be custom created Is insane. If I were you I would offer custom versions at a cost of 500 bucks a pop see how many people are willing to put up or shut up.

While we are on that topic why not do that with RunUO 500 bucks gets you one years access to updates and support. Bet the forums would get a lot more civil....

Frankly I am utterly in shock and throughly ashamed that a community member would attack a dev in this manner. I appologize for the community for the behavior of the few.

Oh well Just the Humble Opinion of a wanna be scripter.

Kadull

Wanderer
i think youre adressing me.... and if you are... im sorry, but youre a moron.

yes, its his codeing, his work, his art, his choice..... but his codeing, work, art, and choices affect EVERYONE, and thats the only *request* i made; to make it so its not impossible to make it not affect everyone.

yes, i realize if i dont want to use it, i dont have to.... but when other people do decide to use it.. that affects me also, and moreso affects who ever owns the shard its being used on.

theres really no reason not to allow it to be blocked from shards, because by zippys own defenition, its not a cheat program... so therefor should be able to be blocked from shards.

:edit for language:

xir

Wanderer
Does Razor have a "always-bright" secret feature too? :> One thing I always hated in UO was the lightning in dungeons etc.

WarAngel

Wanderer
Kadull said:
i think youre adressing me.... and if you are... im sorry, but youre a moron.

yes, its his codeing, his work, his art, his choice..... but his codeing, work, art, and choices affect EVERYONE, and thats the only *request* i made; to make it so its not impossible to make it not affect everyone.

yes, i realize if i dont want to use it, i dont have to.... but when other people do decide to use it.. that affects me also, and moreso affects who ever owns the shard its being used on.

theres really no reason not to allow it to be blocked from shards, because by zippys own defenition, its not a cheat program... so therefor should be able to be blocked from shards.

:edit for language:

He's not addressing you at all. In fact, Courageous' post had nothing to do with you as well really.

Kadull

Wanderer
courageous quoted me.... and im pretty sure the other guy was adressing me, as im the only one who asked for anything near "customization"

if im wrong though, how ever, my appologies.

WarAngel

Wanderer
Kadull said:
courageous quoted me.... and im pretty sure the other guy was adressing me, as im the only one who asked for anything near "customization"

if im wrong though, how ever, my appologies.

No you aren't. The original author tried to blackmail Zippy in order to get him to fix Razor and "customize" it. o.0

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
Zippy said:
PS. I have root access to all of the servers/websites which you threatened. You don't seriously think I can't ipchains deny you from all of those sites, do you?

Who threaten what websites :lol:

How did you know I said something about class, I deleted those posts :lol:

WarAngel

Wanderer
tophyr said:
It has also occurred to me that raising this brings the distinct possibility of thread deletion and/or sanctions against my RunUO forums account. I hope the administration here is level-headed enough to not take such a route but know that if it does happen, it'll be all over the place at topshards, uog forums, etc etc etc.

Yeah, that's really sad. It's also a pretty worthless threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.