RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Configure RunUO for Linux

RabidWeezle

Wanderer
I see the problems you had, I first started without paying attention to the version of mono I had, I used the ubuntu repo, and it was mad old. soo, I did like one did and got the "linux other" version, and that wouldn't even install correctly in ubuntu, so I did the sources.list thing with the debian repo, and installed mono 1.9.1, copied the linux files from the runuo linux to the svn source, did the zlib stuff, and get an error compiling:
Code:
rabidweezle@rabidweezle-desktop:~/Desktop/runuo/svn/devel/Server$ gmcs -out:../runuo.exe -d:MONO -optimize+ -unsafe -r:System,System.Configuration.Install,System.Data,System.Drawing,System.EnterpriseServices,System.Management,System.Security,System.ServiceProcess,System.Web,System.Web.Services,System.Windows.Forms,System.Xml -nowarn:219 -recurse:*.cs
./TileMatrix.cs(405,78): warning CS0618: `System.IO.FileStream.Handle' is obsolete: `Use SafeFileHandle instead'
./TileMatrix.cs(478,66): warning CS0618: `System.IO.FileStream.Handle' is obsolete: `Use SafeFileHandle instead'
./TileMatrixPatch.cs(105,83): warning CS0618: `System.IO.FileStream.Handle' is obsolete: `Use SafeFileHandle instead'
./TileMatrixPatch.cs(174,91): warning CS0618: `System.IO.FileStream.Handle' is obsolete: `Use SafeFileHandle instead'
./Utility.cs(1252,125): error CS0030: Cannot convert type `TInput' to `TOutput'
./Utility.cs(1252,125): The type `' has two conflicting definitions, one comes from `runuo, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' and the other from `runuo, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' (in the previous error)
Compilation failed: 1 error(s), 4 warnings

If it helps, I installed mono + gmcs using synaptic, and the monodevelop using
Code:
sudo apt-get install monodevelop
all after a
Code:
sudo apt-get update
AFTER updating my sources.list with the new repo. Am I missing something big?

any help would be great :)

RabidWeezle

Wanderer
perhaps, and I know this might sound nuts, but maybe we can have a special rc2 zip with all the files in it on the download for mono users. As in on the official download page, with a nice readme of dependencies, and we could all right up a good readme from these posts in the forums to go along with it.

GhostRiderGrey

Sorceror
RabidWeezle, I'm not sure if RunUO will work with Mono 1.9.x. RavonTUS was going to test this when Ubuntu 8.04 came out and he hasn't reported back on it yet.

-GhostRiderGrey

jdogherman

Wanderer
Compile runuo

When I try to compile runuo

gmcs -out:../runuo.exe -d:MONO -optimize+ -unsafe -r:System,System.Configuration.Install,System.Data, System.Drawing,System.EnterpriseServices,System.Ma nagement,System.Security,System.ServiceProcess,Sys tem.Web,System.Web.Services,System.Windows.Forms,S ystem.Xml -nowarn:219 -recurse:*.cs

I get

error CS2001: Source file `System.Drawing,System.EnterpriseServices,System.Ma' could not be found
error CS2001: Source file `nagement,System.Security,System.ServiceProcess,Sys' could not be found
error CS2001: Source file `tem.Web,System.Web.Services,System.Windows.Forms,S' could not be found
error CS2001: Source file `ystem.Xml' could not be found
Compilation failed: 4 error(s), 0 warnings

Can someone help me with getting this compiled?

RavonTUS

Sorceror
jdogherman;755347 said:
When I try to compile runuo

gmcs -out:../runuo.exe -d:MONO -optimize+ -unsafe -r:System,System.Configuration.Install,System.Data, System.Drawing,System.EnterpriseServices,System.Ma nagement,System.Security,System.ServiceProcess,Sys tem.Web,System.Web.Services,System.Windows.Forms,S ystem.Xml -nowarn:219 -recurse:*.cs

This should be one long line, remove the spaces.

-Ravon

jdogherman

Wanderer
alright I've put :

gmcs -out:../runuo.exe -d:MONO -optimize+ -unsafe -r:System,System.Configuration.Install,System.Data,System.Drawing,System.EnterpriseServices,System.Management,System.Security,System.ServiceProcess,System.Web,System.Web.Services,System.Windows.Forms,System.Xml -nowarn:219 -recurse:*.cs

and I get

error CS2008: No files to compile were specified
Compilation failed: 1 error(s), 0 warnings

GhostRiderGrey

Sorceror
jdogherman, Looks like you still have a space in S ystem.Xml and System.Ma nagement, and make sure that there isnt a line break in "Sys tem.Web,".

I had to put this into gedit and work on it a bit before I got all the spaces out of it.

Good luck, I think you're almost there! ;)
--GhostRiderGrey

jdogherman

Wanderer
gmcs -out:../runuo.exe -d:MONO -optimize+ -unsafe -r:System,System.Configuration.Install,System.Data,System.Drawing,System.EnterpriseServices,System.Management,System.Security,System.ServiceProcess,System.Web,System.Web.Services,System.Windows.Forms,System.Xml -nowarn:219 -recurse:*.cs

no break between ma and nagement

still not working

Maldazaar

Wanderer
Code:
** ERROR **: generic_params table claims method has generic parameters, but signature says it doesn't
aborting...
Stacktrace:

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes (bool) <0x0000b>
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes (bool) <0xffffffff>
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () <0x00013>
  at Server.Core.VerifySerialization (System.Reflection.Assembly) <0x000f0>
  at Server.Core.VerifySerialization () <0x00044>
  at Server.ScriptCompiler.Compile (bool) <0x0029f>
  at Server.Core.Main (string[]) <0x00d39>
I get this error when executing. Any suggestions?

Scriptiz

Sorceror
Thank you for this tuto, I will try it now.

Just a problem, the link you give for the patches on runuo-forge is death? Is it an important patch?

Thank you.

Report :
I downloaded the last RunUO2-RC2-src from the SVC :
Code:
$ svn checkout http://svn.runuo.com/repos/runuo/devel/

Then I compile it (the sources of server are in "Server" sub-directory :
Code:
$ gmcs -out:runuo.exe -d:MONO -optimize+ -unsafe -r:System,System.Configuration.Install,System.Data,System.Drawing,System.EnterpriseServices,System.Management,System.Security,System.ServiceProcess,System.Web,System.Web.Services,System.Windows.Forms,System.Xml -nowarn:219 -recurse:Server/*.cs

Then I got some warning but the file runuo.exe compile fine :)
Code:
Server/Item.cs(1899,37): warning CS0169: The private method `Server.Item.SetSaveFlag(ref Server.Item.SaveFlag, Server.Item.SaveFlag, bool)' is never used
Server/Timer.cs(380,36): warning CS0414: The private field `Server.Timer.m_QueueCountAtSlice' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/ScriptCompiler.cs(520,30): warning CS0169: The private method `Server.ScriptCompiler.LoadScriptedAssembly(System.Collections.Generic.List<System.Reflection.Assembly>, string, Server.ScriptCompiler.Compiler, bool)' is never used
Server/Gumps/Gump.cs(370,32): warning CS0169: The private method `Server.Gumps.Gump.Compile()' is never used
Server/Persistence/FileQueue.cs(39,37): warning CS0414: The private field `Server.FileQueue.Chunk.offset' is assigned but its value is never used
Compilation succeeded - 5 warning(s)

Finally, I launch "mono runuo.exe" and it began to compile the Scripts in the Scripts folder while a few minutes but then I got some errors wich I don't understand (btw, the scripts-compilation is ligther for the OS ressources on linux than on Windows :p) :
Code:
$ mono runuo.exe 
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 3052.39033
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Core: Unix environment detected
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...ScriptCompiler: :   at Mono.CSharp.Expression.CloneTo (Mono.CSharp.CloneContext clonectx, Mono.CSharp.Expression target) [0x00000] 
ScriptCompiler: :   at Mono.CSharp.Expression.Clone (Mono.CSharp.CloneContext clonectx) [0x00000] 
ScriptCompiler: :   at Mono.CSharp.TypeOf.CloneTo (Mono.CSharp.CloneContext clonectx, Mono.CSharp.Expression t) [0x00000] 
ScriptCompiler: :   at Mono.CSharp.Expression.Clone (Mono.CSharp.CloneContext clonectx) [0x00000] 
ScriptCompiler: :   at Mono.CSharp.Binary.CloneTo (Mono.CSharp.CloneContext clonectx, Mono.CSharp.Expression t) [0x00000] 
ScriptCompiler: :   at Mono.CSharp.Binary.CloneTo (Mono.CSharp.CloneContext clonectx, Mono.CSharp.Expression t) [0x00000] 
ScriptCompiler: :   at Mono.CSharp.Return.CloneTo (Mono.CSharp.CloneContext clonectx, Mono.CSharp.Statement t) [0x00000] 
ScriptCompiler: :   at Mono.CSharp.Statement.Clone (Mono.CSharp.CloneContext clonectx) [0x00000] 
ScriptCompiler: :   at Mono.CSharp.Block.CloneTo (Mono.CSharp.CloneContext clonectx, Mono.CSharp.Statement t) [0x00000] 
ScriptCompiler: :   at Mono.CSharp.ExplicitBlock.CloneTo (Mono.CSharp.CloneContext clonectx, Mono.CSharp.Statement t) [0x00000] 
ScriptCompiler: :   at Mono.CSharp.ToplevelBlock.CloneTo (Mono.CSharp.CloneContext clonectx, Mono.CSharp.Statement t) [0x00000] 
ScriptCompiler: :   at Mono.CSharp.Statement.Clone (Mono.CSharp.CloneContext clonectx) [0x00000] 
ScriptCompiler: :   at Mono.CSharp.Statement.PerformClone () [0x00000] 
ScriptCompiler: :   at Mono.CSharp.AnonymousMethodExpression.CompatibleMethod (Mono.CSharp.EmitContext ec, Mono.CSharp.TypeInferenceContext tic, System.Type return_type, System.Type delegate_type) [0x00000] 
ScriptCompiler: :   at Mono.CSharp.AnonymousMethodExpression.Compatible (Mono.CSharp.EmitContext ec, System.Type delegate_type) [0x00000] --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
ScriptCompiler: :   at Mono.CSharp.AnonymousMethodExpression.Compatible (Mono.CSharp.EmitContext ec, System.Type delegate_type) [0x00000] 
ScriptCompiler: :   at Mono.CSharp.AnonymousMethodExpression.ImplicitStandardConversionExists (System.Type delegate_type) [0x00000] 
ScriptCompiler: :   at Mono.CSharp.Convert.ImplicitStandardConversionExists (Mono.CSharp.Expression expr, System.Type target_type) [0x00000] 
ScriptCompiler: :   at Mono.CSharp.Convert.ImplicitConversionExists (Mono.CSharp.EmitContext ec, Mono.CSharp.Expression expr, System.Type target_type) [0x00000] 
ScriptCompiler: :   at Mono.CSharp.MethodGroupExpr.IsApplicable (Mono.CSharp.EmitContext ec, System.Collections.ArrayList arguments, Int32 arg_count, System.Reflection.MethodBase& method) [0x00000] 
ScriptCompiler: :   at Mono.CSharp.MethodGroupExpr.OverloadResolve (Mono.CSharp.EmitContext ec, System.Collections.ArrayList Arguments, Boolean may_fail, Location loc) [0x00000] 
ScriptCompiler: :   at Mono.CSharp.Invocation.DoResolveOverload (Mono.CSharp.EmitContext ec) [0x00000] 
ScriptCompiler: :   at Mono.CSharp.Invocation.DoResolve (Mono.CSharp.EmitContext ec) [0x00000] 
ScriptCompiler: :   at Mono.CSharp.Expression.Resolve (Mono.CSharp.EmitContext ec, ResolveFlags flags) [0x00000] 
ScriptCompiler: :   at Mono.CSharp.Expression.Resolve (Mono.CSharp.EmitContext ec) [0x00000] 
ScriptCompiler: :   at Mono.CSharp.Assign.DoResolve (Mono.CSharp.EmitContext ec) [0x00000] 
ScriptCompiler: :   at Mono.CSharp.Expression.Resolve (Mono.CSharp.EmitContext ec, ResolveFlags flags) [0x00000] 
ScriptCompiler: :   at Mono.CSharp.Expression.Resolve (Mono.CSharp.EmitContext ec) [0x00000] 
ScriptCompiler: :   at Mono.CSharp.ExpressionStatement.ResolveStatement (Mono.CSharp.EmitContext ec) [0x00000] 
ScriptCompiler: :   at Mono.CSharp.StatementExpression.Resolve (Mono.CSharp.EmitContext ec) [0x00000] 
ScriptCompiler: :   at Mono.CSharp.Block.Resolve (Mono.CSharp.EmitContext ec) [0x00000] 
ScriptCompiler: :   at Mono.CSharp.If.Resolve (Mono.CSharp.EmitContext ec) [0x00000] 
ScriptCompiler: :   at Mono.CSharp.Block.Resolve (Mono.CSharp.EmitContext ec) [0x00000] 
ScriptCompiler: :   at Mono.CSharp.EmitContext.ResolveTopBlock (Mono.CSharp.EmitContext anonymous_method_host, Mono.CSharp.ToplevelBlock block, Mono.CSharp.Parameters ip, IMethodData md, System.Boolean& unreachable) [0x00000] 
done (0 errors, 0 warnings)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.

I didn't apply the patch that you given on RunUO-Forge because it's death... but the core compilation work, why doesn't he want to compile scripts?

The returns of the two --debug commands are the same as this one above :)

Thanks for your help :)

Regards,

Scriptiz

ps: I got this Mono version :
Code:
$ mono -V
Mono JIT compiler version 1.2.6 (tarball)
Copyright (C) 2002-2007 Novell, Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
	TLS:           __thread
	GC:            Included Boehm (with typed GC)
	SIGSEGV:       altstack
	Notifications: epoll
	Architecture:  x86
	Disabled:      none

jdogherman

Wanderer
When I try to compile it get:

error CS0006: cannot find metadata file `System.Windows.Forms'

What am i doing wrong?

Scriptiz

Sorceror
jdogherman;755816 said:
When I try to compile it get:

What am i doing wrong?

Wich version of Mono do you have? (type "mono -V" to know) ?

Do you get the RunUO Version from the SVN?

Can you give us the command you use to compile RunUO? Mine is this one in this one when the files are in the subdirectory Server/*.cs :

Code:
gmcs -out:runuo.exe -d:MONO -optimize+ -unsafe -r:System,System.Configuration.Install,System.Data,System.Drawing,System.EnterpriseServices,System.Management,System.Security,System.ServiceProcess,System.Web,System.Web.Services,System.Windows.Forms,System.Xml -nowarn:219 -recurse:Server/*.cs

And it work fine except from some warning of non-used code but finally I got my runuo.exe :)

Check if there is no whitespace between the namespaces used in your compile lines (like this : "System.Web.Services,System.Windows.Forms")

jdogherman

Wanderer
mono -V:
Mono JIT compiler version 1.9.1 (tarball)
Copyright (C) 2002-2007 Novell, Inc and Contributors. Main Page - Mono
TLS: __thread
GC: Included Boehm (with typed GC)
SIGSEGV: altstack
Notifications: epoll
Architecture: x86
Disabled: none

SVN:
Checked out revision 295.

Compile command:
gmcs -out:runuo.exe -d:MONO -optimize+ -unsafe -r:System,System.Configuration.Install,System.Data,System.Drawing,System.EnterpriseServices,System.Management,System.Security,System.ServiceProcess,System.Web,System.Web.Services,System.Windows.Forms,System.Xml -nowarn:219 -recurse:Server/*.cs

There is no white space just the fourms chopping my text

Scriptiz

Sorceror
jdogherman;755920 said:
mono -V:

SVN:

Compile command:

There is no white space just the fourms chopping my text

It work with version 1.2.6 of Mono on my Ubuntu... Haven't tried with 1.9.1 :p

Try with this command lines to compile :

Code:

(all the sources must be in the Server/ directory.

Instead it doesn't work, try to compile it with version 1.2.6 of Mono.

Scriptiz

Sorceror
What is your distribution?

If it's a Debian (or Debian-like), just hit in a terminal :

apt-get remove mono

On other distributions, find the way to uninstall or delete mono (there are many community to help you work around on your distribution)

Then go on : Mono 1.2.6 Downloads

To get the 1.2.6 version of Mono

jdogherman

Wanderer
well i unistalled mono

then I reinstalled 1.2.6 but it didnt install gmcs

so I apt-get mono-gmcs and installed it

and now when i try to compile i get

error CS0006: cannot find metadata file `System.Data'
error CS0006: cannot find metadata file `System.Web'
error CS0006: cannot find metadata file `System.Web.Services'
Compilation failed: 4 error(s), 0 warnings

I am using ubuntu 8.04

jdogherman

Wanderer
Ok... I made it further (with Scriptiz build) but I have a couple of questions.

How can I Download the latest little fixes and how do I Install UO ML.

I assume its the reason i get a fatal error when i try to $ mono runuo.exe

RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 3053.18086
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Core: Unix environment detected
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (0 errors, 0 warnings)
Scripts: Compiling VB.NET scripts...no files found.
Scripts: Verifying...done (2120 items, 500 mobiles)
Regions: Loading...done
World: Loading...done (0 items, 0 mobiles) (0.01 seconds)
ServerList: Auto-detecting public IP address...done (24.209.38.231)
tiledata.mul was not found
Make sure your Scripts/Misc/DataPath.cs is properly configured
After pressing return an exception will be thrown and the server will terminate
Error:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for Server.TileData ---> System.Exception: TileData: not found
at Server.TileData..cctor () [0x00000] --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Server.Item.get_DefaultWeight () [0x00000]
at Server.Item.get_Weight () [0x00000]
at Server.Item.get_PileWeight () [0x00000]
at Server.Item.set_Amount (Int32 value) [0x00000]
at Server.Item..ctor () [0x00000]
at Server.Item..ctor (Int32 itemID) [0x00000]
at Server.Items.BaseWeapon..ctor (Int32 itemID) [0x00000]
at Server.Items.BaseMeleeWeapon..ctor (Int32 itemID) [0x00000]
at Server.Items.Fists..ctor () [0x00000]
at Server.Items.Fists.Initialize () [0x00000]
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[])
at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000]
at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000]
at Server.ScriptCompiler.Compile (Boolean debug, Boolean cache) [0x00000]
at Server.Core.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000]
This exception is fatal, press return to exit
Thanks