RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Configure RunUO for Linux

Scriptiz

Sorceror
You have to use a decrypted client, I think that's your problem.

Btw you'd better enter the path to UO in DataPath.cs instead in the Console.

Erucid

Sorceror
Scriptiz;764105 said:
You have to use a decrypted client, I think that's your problem.

Btw you'd better enter the path to UO in DataPath.cs instead in the Console.
Thanks that was going to be one of my next questions.

weasy

Wanderer
Hey so When I compile I get this:
Says I have two conflicting definitions. How do I fix this?
I don't have the added stuff since the link at begining of post no longer exists. Would that be it?

Code:
./foo.sh
./TileMatrix.cs(405,78): warning CS0618: `System.IO.FileStream.Handle' is obsolete: `Use SafeFileHandle instead'
./TileMatrix.cs(478,66): warning CS0618: `System.IO.FileStream.Handle' is obsolete: `Use SafeFileHandle instead'
./TileMatrixPatch.cs(105,83): warning CS0618: `System.IO.FileStream.Handle' is obsolete: `Use SafeFileHandle instead'
./TileMatrixPatch.cs(174,91): warning CS0618: `System.IO.FileStream.Handle' is obsolete: `Use SafeFileHandle instead'
./Utility.cs(1252,125): error CS0030: Cannot convert type `TInput' to `TOutput'
./Utility.cs(1252,125): The type `' has two conflicting definitions, one comes from `runuo, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' and the other from `runuo, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' (in the previous error)
Compilation failed: 1 error(s), 4 warnings

greywolf79

Sorceror
Awesome. I am about to switch over to linux in the next couple of months and want to keep my shard going on that system. Thanks.

GreyWolf.

Scriptiz

Sorceror
weasy;765601 said:
Hey so When I compile I get this:
Says I have two conflicting definitions. How do I fix this?
I don't have the added stuff since the link at begining of post no longer exists. Would that be it?

Code:
./foo.sh
./TileMatrix.cs(405,78): warning CS0618: `System.IO.FileStream.Handle' is obsolete: `Use SafeFileHandle instead'
./TileMatrix.cs(478,66): warning CS0618: `System.IO.FileStream.Handle' is obsolete: `Use SafeFileHandle instead'
./TileMatrixPatch.cs(105,83): warning CS0618: `System.IO.FileStream.Handle' is obsolete: `Use SafeFileHandle instead'
./TileMatrixPatch.cs(174,91): warning CS0618: `System.IO.FileStream.Handle' is obsolete: `Use SafeFileHandle instead'
./Utility.cs(1252,125): error CS0030: Cannot convert type `TInput' to `TOutput'
./Utility.cs(1252,125): The type `' has two conflicting definitions, one comes from `runuo, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' and the other from `runuo, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' (in the previous error)
Compilation failed: 1 error(s), 4 warnings

Add the stuff posted in this thread (end of the first page or begin of the second I think) and it will work (there are scripts and files for core).

Greywolf> Good luck, RunUO on linux is now really good I think :)

Deraj_88

Sorceror
thought id let yall know,

i tryed installing mono on ubuntu 8.04 LTS "hardy heron", after a reboot nautilus and some other things refused
to work and ubuntu wouldnt boot. Im not sure where it stands now i tryed this awhile back so it may have been fixed since then. also i didnt really look into it i just re-installed and stuck with 7.10

Scriptiz

Sorceror
Deraj_88;766043 said:
thought id let yall know,

i tryed installing mono on ubuntu 8.04 LTS "hardy heron", after a reboot nautilus and some other things refused
to work and ubuntu wouldnt boot. Im not sure where it stands now i tryed this awhile back so it may have been fixed since then. also i didnt really look into it i just re-installed and stuck with 7.10

Do you install mono with aptitude?

A simple "sudo apt-get install mono" work really fine for me on my Ubuntu 8.04 :)

RavonTUS

Sorceror
Scriptiz;766237 said:
A simple "sudo apt-get install mono" work really fine for me on my Ubuntu 8.04 :)

The problem with apt-get mono is that you don't know what version your getting until it is installed. Usually it is an older version since Ubuntu is designed to only use the current stable package at the time of it's release.

-Ravon

Scriptiz

Sorceror
It's true that I got an older version than the 1..9.1 :

Code:
$ mono -V
Mono JIT compiler version 1.2.6 (tarball)
Copyright (C) 2002-2007 Novell, Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
	TLS:           __thread
	GC:            Included Boehm (with typed GC)
	SIGSEGV:       altstack
	Notifications: epoll
	Architecture:  x86
	Disabled:      none

But this one work really fine for me with RunUO :) However with the 1.9.1 I got some problems.

Deraj_88

Sorceror
Thought id just throw this out here for anyone who cares for it.

Theres a backport for 1.9.1 if youd rather have that than 1.2.6, honestly i dont know if theres a big dif *shrugs*
but hey if you feel the need you can find it here:

Other Downloads - Mono

Just scroll down or ctrl+f "ubuntu" and youll see it there, its provided by badgerports.

adios

kibuzo

Wanderer
Scriptiz;765767 said:
Add the stuff posted in this thread (end of the first page or begin of the second I think) and it will work (there are scripts and files for core).

Greywolf> Good luck, RunUO on linux is now really good I think :)

Applying fixes did not work for me, on gentoo64 with mono 1.9.1
Actually i don't see how that could help, as the only server file that he updates is Serialization.cs and the issue is on Utility.cs
Te fact that the compiler says "./Utility.cs(1252,125): error CS0030: Cannot convert type `TInput' to `TOutput'" does not look like a compilator failure nor like a other file issue, it looks more like if that line is really wrong.
Anyway i am only a newbie asking for help, i could be absolutely wrong, can any of you help? thanks. :D

p.s.: Does really runuo need a full ultima install? i've never seen such a thing, usually the only needed files are maps, statics staidx, tiledata ecc, who cares about the midis or the client executable?

RavonTUS

Sorceror
kibuzo;769874 said:
Applying fixes did not work for me, on gentoo64 with mono 1.9.1... the issue is on Utility.cs... Cannot convert type `TInput' to `TOutput'" does not look like a compilator failure...

With Mono 1.2.6 the TInput to TOutput worked correctly. In Mono 1.9.1 (like previous version 1.2.5 and less) it no longer works again. You will probably be better off getting the files from this thread...

http://www.runuo.com/forums/server-support-mono/85220-linux-again-but-getting-close-run.html

OR

Try the attached file here. I am not sure how up to date it is since all my stuff was on RunUOForge, and it is no longer available
Does really runuo need a full ultima install?...usually the only needed files are maps, statics staidx, tiledata ecc, who cares about the midis or the client executable?
I haven't tested, but I would agree it probably only needs those files.

-Ravon

Attachments

• RunUO-Linux-25JAN2008.zip
    25.9 KB · Views: 20

kibuzo

Wanderer
RavonTUS;769961 said:
With Mono 1.2.6 the TInput to TOutput worked correctly. In Mono 1.9.1 (like previous version 1.2.5 and less) it no longer works again. You will probably be better off getting the files from this thread...

http://www.runuo.com/forums/server-support-mono/85220-linux-again-but-getting-close-run.html

OR

Try the attached file here. I am not sure how up to date it is since all my stuff was on RunUOForge, and it is no longer available

I haven't tested, but I would agree it probably only needs those files.

-Ravon

Ok i solved it by rolling back to 1.2.6, now i am curious to see if the 1.2.6 compiled version is compatible with mono 1.9 (i could start it but i did not test it accurately yet)

P.s.: The files that runuo needs are
/* The following is a list of files which a required for proper execution:
* Multi.idx
* Multi.mul
* VerData.mul
* TileData.mul
* Map*.mul
* StaIdx*.mul
* Statics*.mul
* MapDif*.mul
* MapDifL*.mul
* StaDif*.mul
* StaDifL*.mul
* StaDifI*.mul
*/
This is good, so no one is forced to install UO on any server, even if with wine is not a problem, this means that we can save space and resources by skipping the GUI install on servers.

Yups i dont have wine and the whole uo installed on my server either its only needed if u want to play the uo client only the files in the datapath.cs

Rivet

Wanderer
i had 2 errors with gmsc...

Code:
/Server/Item.cs(822,26): error CS0103: The name `Ultima' does not exist in the current context
./Server/Item.cs(832,17): error CS0103: The name `Ultima' does not exist in the current context
Compilation failed: 2 error(s), 0 warnings

pziemczyk

Wanderer
Rivet;770212 said:
i had 2 errors with gmsc...

Code:
/Server/Item.cs(822,26): error CS0103: The name `Ultima' does not exist in the current context
./Server/Item.cs(832,17): error CS0103: The name `Ultima' does not exist in the current context

You dont have file Ultima.dll

RWaltenberg

Sorceror
Hi, I've searched on the forum and couldn't find an answer for this problem:

Code:
./Serialization.cs(33,14): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `Guilds' does not exist in the namespace `Server'. Are you missing an assembly reference?
./Serialization.cs(138,62): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Item' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

I downloaded the RC2 zip on the website and overwrote the files with the present on the two fixes given on the first post.
What am i missing?

sharaazad

Wanderer
RunUO 2 RC 2 (files attached copied)
Mono v 1.2.6
Ubuntu Hardy Heron
Using the command in the first post.

Code:
 gmcs -out:../runuo.exe -d:MONO -optimize+ -unsafe -r:System,System.Configuration.Install,System.Data,System.Drawing,System.EnterpriseServices,System.Management,System.Security,System.ServiceProcess,System.Web,System.Web.Services,System.Windows.Forms,System.Xml -nowarn:219 -recurse:*.cs
error CS0006: cannot find metadata file `System.Windows.Forms'
Compilation failed: 1 error(s), 0 warnings

What can i do? Thanks