RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Configure RunUO for Linux

Frontzwerg

Wanderer
Fixes applied, but command was wrong ;)

Aaaand it compiled!!!
But if i start" mono RunUo.exe" i get this error:

RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 3260.18877
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Core: Optimizing for 2 64-bit processors
Core: Unix environment detected
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...ScriptCompiler: : at Mono.CSharp.Expression.CloneTo (Mono.CSharp.CloneContext clonectx, Mono.CSharp.Expression target) [0x00000]
ScriptCompiler: : at Mono.CSharp.Expression.Clone (Mono.CSharp.CloneContext clonectx) [0x00000]
ScriptCompiler: : at Mono.CSharp.TypeOf.CloneTo (Mono.CSharp.CloneContext clonectx, Mono.CSharp.Expression t) [0x00000]
ScriptCompiler: : at Mono.CSharp.Expression.Clone (Mono.CSharp.CloneContext clonectx) [0x00000]
ScriptCompiler: : at Mono.CSharp.Binary.CloneTo (Mono.CSharp.CloneContext clonectx, Mono.CSharp.Expression t) [0x00000]
ScriptCompiler: : at Mono.CSharp.Binary.CloneTo (Mono.CSharp.CloneContext clonectx, Mono.CSharp.Expression t) [0x00000]
ScriptCompiler: : at Mono.CSharp.Return.CloneTo (Mono.CSharp.CloneContext clonectx, Mono.CSharp.Statement t) [0x00000]
ScriptCompiler: : at Mono.CSharp.Statement.Clone (Mono.CSharp.CloneContext clonectx) [0x00000]
ScriptCompiler: : at Mono.CSharp.Block.CloneTo (Mono.CSharp.CloneContext clonectx, Mono.CSharp.Statement t) [0x00000]
ScriptCompiler: : at Mono.CSharp.ExplicitBlock.CloneTo (Mono.CSharp.CloneContext clonectx, Mono.CSharp.Statement t) [0x00000]
ScriptCompiler: : at Mono.CSharp.ToplevelBlock.CloneTo (Mono.CSharp.CloneContext clonectx, Mono.CSharp.Statement t) [0x00000]
ScriptCompiler: : at Mono.CSharp.Statement.Clone (Mono.CSharp.CloneContext clonectx) [0x00000]
ScriptCompiler: : at Mono.CSharp.Statement.PerformClone () [0x00000]
ScriptCompiler: : at Mono.CSharp.AnonymousMethodExpression.CompatibleMethod (Mono.CSharp.EmitContext ec, Mono.CSharp.TypeInferenceContext tic, System.Type return_type, System.Type delegate_type) [0x00000]
ScriptCompiler: : at Mono.CSharp.AnonymousMethodExpression.Compatible (Mono.CSharp.EmitContext ec, System.Type type) [0x00000] --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
ScriptCompiler: : at Mono.CSharp.AnonymousMethodExpression.Compatible (Mono.CSharp.EmitContext ec, System.Type type) [0x00000]
ScriptCompiler: : at Mono.CSharp.AnonymousMethodExpression.ImplicitStandardConversionExists (System.Type delegate_type) [0x00000]
ScriptCompiler: : at Mono.CSharp.Convert.ImplicitStandardConversionExists (Mono.CSharp.Expression expr, System.Type target_type) [0x00000]
ScriptCompiler: : at Mono.CSharp.Convert.ImplicitConversionExists (Mono.CSharp.EmitContext ec, Mono.CSharp.Expression expr, System.Type target_type) [0x00000]
ScriptCompiler: : at Mono.CSharp.MethodGroupExpr.IsArgumentCompatible (Mono.CSharp.EmitContext ec, Modifier arg_mod, Mono.CSharp.Argument argument, Modifier param_mod, System.Type parameter) [0x00000]
ScriptCompiler: : at Mono.CSharp.MethodGroupExpr.IsApplicable (Mono.CSharp.EmitContext ec, System.Collections.ArrayList arguments, Int32 arg_count, System.Reflection.MethodBase& method, System.Boolean& params_expanded_form) [0x00000]
ScriptCompiler: : at Mono.CSharp.MethodGroupExpr.OverloadResolve (Mono.CSharp.EmitContext ec, System.Collections.ArrayList& Arguments, Boolean may_fail, Location loc) [0x00000]
ScriptCompiler: : at Mono.CSharp.Invocation.DoResolveOverload (Mono.CSharp.EmitContext ec) [0x00000]
ScriptCompiler: : at Mono.CSharp.Invocation.DoResolve (Mono.CSharp.EmitContext ec) [0x00000]
ScriptCompiler: : at Mono.CSharp.Expression.Resolve (Mono.CSharp.EmitContext ec, ResolveFlags flags) [0x00000]
ScriptCompiler: : at Mono.CSharp.Expression.Resolve (Mono.CSharp.EmitContext ec) [0x00000]
ScriptCompiler: : at Mono.CSharp.Assign.DoResolve (Mono.CSharp.EmitContext ec) [0x00000]
ScriptCompiler: : at Mono.CSharp.Expression.Resolve (Mono.CSharp.EmitContext ec, ResolveFlags flags) [0x00000]
ScriptCompiler: : at Mono.CSharp.Expression.Resolve (Mono.CSharp.EmitContext ec) [0x00000]
ScriptCompiler: : at Mono.CSharp.ExpressionStatement.ResolveStatement (Mono.CSharp.EmitContext ec) [0x00000]
ScriptCompiler: : at Mono.CSharp.StatementExpression.Resolve (Mono.CSharp.EmitContext ec) [0x00000]
ScriptCompiler: : at Mono.CSharp.Block.Resolve (Mono.CSharp.EmitContext ec) [0x00000]
ScriptCompiler: : at Mono.CSharp.If.Resolve (Mono.CSharp.EmitContext ec) [0x00000]
ScriptCompiler: : at Mono.CSharp.Block.Resolve (Mono.CSharp.EmitContext ec) [0x00000]
ScriptCompiler: : at Mono.CSharp.EmitContext.ResolveTopBlock (Mono.CSharp.EmitContext anonymous_method_host, Mono.CSharp.ToplevelBlock block, Mono.CSharp.Parameters ip, IMethodData md, System.Boolean& unreachable) [0x00000]
done (0 errors, 0 warnings)

Somebody else tried with Mono 1.9.1?

Frontzwerg

Wanderer
So I downgraded to mono 1.2.6 but still get the same error. So sth is wrong with my code or i am missing a library or something else.

Which librarys i need?
Is there a full tarball with runuo?

MaG_PaW

Sorceror
Good, good, I have a problem and I would like to know if you could help me.

I installed it on my Linux Mint (another distribution of Ubuntu more ...) and I like to keep the server that I have from last linux, and I've tried to follow this guide (which incidentally I feel very good), but I a problem, do not get in any side of RunuoForge these files, and Web runuoforge.org not responding.

Some of you would be kind enough to pass the necessary files?.

Thank you so much.

att: Magharon (Staff Ultima Iberia.)

pd: i use a translate. im spanish, we apologize for the misspelling.

MaG_PaW

Sorceror
i have that me the source code to lower of rc1? And to apply the initial code (in this tread) in the terminal?

Have I to do some kind of mas?
Apart have I to put the files of the users in the source code rc1?

Thank you for answering

Frontzwerg

Wanderer
MaG_PaW;783616 said:
i have that me the source code to lower of rc1? And to apply the initial code (in this tread) in the terminal?

Have I to do some kind of mas?
Apart have I to put the files of the users in the source code rc1?

Thank you for answering

a)
I don't know if it works with RC1 , but I think most of the MONO-fixes are only in RC2 and the latest SVN available.

b)
Usually you have to do two things:
Compile your own RunUO.exe for your System and with the Mono-Fixes. Herefore you need the Sourcecode, to build the .exe . These Source Files are in the "Server" Directory.
(The long gmcs command)

Start this Linux - RunUO.exe with Mono. ( "Mono Runuo.exe")

P.S.:
Somebody an idea for my problem??

I've got a ready RunUO, but hate windows-crap. So i wanna run under Linux!

MaG_PaW

Sorceror
Code:
gmcs -out:../runuo.exe -d:MONO -optimize+ -unsafe -r:System,System.Configuration.Install,System.Data,System.Drawing,System.EnterpriseServices,System.Managemen,System.Security,System.ServiceProcess,System.Web,System.Web.Services,System.Windows.Forms,System.xml -nowarn:219 -recurse:*.cs

error CS0006: cannot find metadata file `System.Managemen'
error CS0006: cannot find metadata file `System.xml'
Compilation failed: 2 error(s), 0 warnings

I have this problem now, how can I fix it?

Thanks in advance

ntony

Sorceror
Frontzwerg;783502 said:
Fixes applied, but command was wrong ;)

Aaaand it compiled!!!
But if i start" mono RunUo.exe" i get this error:

Somebody else tried with Mono 1.9.1?

Hi

I have the same problem as yours when I tried to start runuo with svn revision 301. Did you applied the fix by RavonTUS?

robynuo

Sorceror
MaG_PaW;783628 said:
Code:
gmcs -out:../runuo.exe -d:MONO -optimize+ -unsafe -r:System,System.Configuration.Install,System.Data,System.Drawing,System.EnterpriseServices,System.Managemen,System.Security,System.ServiceProcess,System.Web,System.Web.Services,System.Windows.Forms,System.xml -nowarn:219 -recurse:*.cs

error CS0006: cannot find metadata file `System.Managemen'
error CS0006: cannot find metadata file `System.xml'
Compilation failed: 2 error(s), 0 warnings

I have this problem now, how can I fix it?

Thanks in advance

Not sure about it, I saw the how to compile the runuo.exe video and I think those 2 you need to define in the compiler.

http://www.runuo.com/forums/faq-forum/93046-video-tutorial-compiling-runuo-svn.html

Shoie13

Wanderer
Can you use wine in a console? I'm connected to a server running Debian via ssh, I have administrative rights to the server, and everything( ie, mono and wine) are installed correctly, but it wants to launch X to install UO via wine. Can it be installed via a console?

EDIT: Can UO be installed via a console, not X.

robynuo

Sorceror
Shoie13;794393 said:
Can you use wine in a console? I'm connected to a server running Debian via ssh, I have administrative rights to the server, and everything( ie, mono and wine) are installed correctly, but it wants to launch X to install UO via wine. Can it be installed via a console?

EDIT: Can UO be installed via a console, not X.

If you only wish to have UO as a server on Linux you do not need to install it.
Copying the files is enough, if that might help.

kokosbytow

Sorceror
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 3389.1283
Core: Optimizing for 4 processors
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...ScriptCompiler: CS0006: cannot find metadata file `System.Windows.Forms.dll'
done (0 errors, 0 warnings)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.
[/QUOT]

Can I now what do ?

McKaka

Wanderer
#@#:~/UO/RunUO$ mono runuo.exe
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 3391.33031
Core: Optimizing for 2 processors
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (cached)
Scripts: Skipping VB.NET Scripts...done (use -vb to enable)
Scripts: Verifying...done (2120 items, 500 mobiles)
Enter the Ultima Online directory:
> "/home/#/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/EA Games/Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy"
Regions: Loading...done
World: Loading...done (0 items, 0 mobiles) (0,02 seconds)
tiledata.mul was not found
Make sure your Scripts/Misc/DataPath.cs is properly configured
After pressing return an exception will be thrown and the server will terminate
Error:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for Server.TileData ---> System.Exception: TileData: not found
at Server.TileData..cctor () [0x00000]
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Server.Item.get_DefaultWeight () [0x00000]
at Server.Item.get_Weight () [0x00000]
at Server.Item.get_PileWeight () [0x00000]
at Server.Item.set_Amount (Int32 value) [0x00000]
at Server.Item..ctor () [0x00000]
at Server.Item..ctor (Int32 itemID) [0x00000]
at Server.Items.BaseWeapon..ctor (Int32 itemID) [0x00000]
at Server.Items.BaseMeleeWeapon..ctor (Int32 itemID) [0x00000]
at Server.Items.Fists..ctor () [0x00000]
at Server.Items.Fists.Initialize () [0x00000]
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000]
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000]
at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000]
at Server.ScriptCompiler.Compile (Boolean debug, Boolean cache) [0x00000]
at Server.Core.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000]
This exception is fatal, press return to exit
#@#:~/UO/RunUO$

I obtain that, and got any ideaas how to solve it
any clues???

kokosbytow

Sorceror
you have bad trace to youre catalog with UO ... You must copy trace/route Ultima Online from Wine to youre data patch . And i am sure now must work .