RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i got the runuo started and the shard going but cant login to game as owner

i got the runuo started and the shard going but cant login to game as owner

the game on my shard goes to not responding for a bit comes back and says couldnt connect to ultima online. please try again in a few moments what am i missing plz help
and i cant login as owner or anything ealse for profiles

Fixxxer

Sorceror
It is hard to say what could be the problem from just not being able to connect, it could be a router issue or something else. If I remember correctly when you first started your server there should have been something pop up in the console that asked for you to create your owners account. This is what you should be logging into, and if this is a server that was created already then that process was already done and you would need to know what the admin accounts are or owner accounts.
We can help you but more information is needed about the situation you are in.

Yes, i have created an owners account, my router is capable to host a server (done it on other games) I have downloaded the official UO Client and patched it to the latest available patch, Patch 95, 7.0.7.1, when I type in my account information into the official UO Client when RunUO is up, it will say Unable to connect to UO at this time, or This account is not yet registered. How can I get a client that I can use and login too?

Fixxxer

Sorceror
Zenechules;841686 said:
Yes, i have created an owners account, my router is capable to host a server (done it on other games) I have downloaded the official UO Client and patched it to the latest available patch, Patch 95, 7.0.7.1, when I type in my account information into the official UO Client when RunUO is up, it will say Unable to connect to UO at this time, or This account is not yet registered. How can I get a client that I can use and login too?

I might be missing something but are you using razor or something else to connect to the server, or are you just using the UO client? Also because your router is capible of doing it doesnt mean it is setup to do it, you have to normally go in the router setup and open the port for your server which by default is 2593.

Fixxxer

Sorceror
Zenechules;841695 said:
just using the UO client, should I be using Razor aswell?

yeah you wont be able to connect to your server using the OSI client, you have to download razor or connect UO if its up and running. I would suggest razor because I think connect UO is still in the works. once you get razor which takes literally like a minute, start your server start razor and put in 127.0.0.1 for server address and 2593 for port and you should connect.

the only time you should ever use the OSI client is if you want to patch to the latest version OSI is using. Other then that it should not be used, connect with razor.

I have overviewed my log from RunUO and here is the results when I attempt to login to my server through Razor with given information.

Client : 127.0.0.1 : Connected [1 Online]
Client : 127.0.0.1 : Encrypted client detected, disconnecting
Client : 127.0.0.1 : Disconnected. [0 Online]
Client : 127.0.0.1 : Connected [1 Online]
Client : 127.0.0.1 : Encrypted client detected, disconnecting
Client : 127.0.0.1 : Disconnected. [0 Online]

This is what it says when i attempted to login TWICE.

Fixxxer

Sorceror
another way to do this is to instead of putting 127.0.0.1, put in your IP Address, if you need to find your IP address then use
What Is My IP Address - Shows Your IP Address

Enter your ip address and port 2593, make sure your router is open for that port, and you should connect.

you only put the 127.0.0.1 if you are using the same computer as the server is on to connect, you can also use your network which would be something like 192.168.1.12 or whatever your computers are. the best for sure way and to find out if others can connect is by using your IP address.

I tried with my IP through razor, and once again it says 'Cannot connect to the UO server at this time, I feel asthough I've made it farther with 127.0.0.1

Fixxxer

Sorceror
well your not very far if you still cannot connect lol, are you really sure the port is open on your router and your ISP isnt blocking you for any reason. Double check all settings and data, and make sure you are connecting with the right account. Other then that I am at a loss on why you would not be able to connect, its normally something really simple and its hard for me to imagine what it is.

Anyone else have any suggestions that I may have missed ???

hmm, i will try to look into and see if the port is unblocked, I am uploading a quick video showing what happens atm, please wait. :)

Alright...I have created a very quick video through hypercam, I am uploading to youtube right now, if not, I can just attach it and you can see it, its what happens when I try doing what you say, please try to figure out the problem will post link to youtube when its done uploading.

oh shoot, I forgot how to access my router through the internet, I remember vaguely, Im pretty sure its your IP address, I know the acc / pass, but I forgot how to get there >.> lol

Fixxxer

Sorceror
depending on the router it should be something like 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.1, 192.168.0.0, 192.168.2.1,

Ive once again actually forgotten my acc / pw, its the default one, isnt it like

Acc : Admin
PW : Admin

? It doesnt work for me

Fixxxer

Sorceror
lol oh, well try admin and blank
or just leave them both blank
some routers use their name for the account name