RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i got the runuo started and the shard going but cant login to game as owner

Yes, only SOME shards work when I connect from connectuo, and yes,

Soteric
So you attempt to connect and see this message?

Quote:
Client : 127.0.0.1 : Connected [1 Online]
Client : 127.0.0.1 : Encrypted client detected, disconnecting
Client : 127.0.0.1 : Disconnected. [0 Online]

What is the current status of the problem?

It is still the problem, I still cannot connect to most shards because of this, or even login to my own., though I now know that my port 2593 IS open, Im not sure, I believe it is the encrypted client that is really messing me up.

Soteric

Knight
Don't look at client. You are server administrator. You should see what server tells you, analyze logs, monitor network.

right, as you said -- RunUO log says

Client : 127.0.0.1 : Connected [1 Online]
Client : 127.0.0.1 : Encrypted client detected, disconnecting
Client : 127.0.0.1 : Disconnected. [0 Online]

when I attempt to login to my account through RunUO & Razor

Soteric

Knight
The only thing I can suppose - Razor doesn't support last patch yet. It should remove encryption and then you are able to play. Your network and other settings are correct.

Soteric

Knight
If you have latest Razor then you better reinstall I think. Maybe anyone can provide better solution. I don't know it :(

wildman1920

Wanderer
im not sure what the problem is but i can tell you its not the patch, i have the latest osi patches and runuo connects fine to my server with that so u can eliminate that prob.

Lady Aradea

Sorceror
A basic thought

Hail and merry met.
So your having problems connecting to your private server? Ok... a question for you.. are you starting your server BEFORE you try to use Razor or ConnectUO to log in? If your server is NOT up and running in the DOS window.... you can NOT log in to the server. Just a basic heads up as I've done it myself a few times :p If you DO have your server running and the server screen is active and you still can't access your server via CUO or Razor, you need to double check the settings on them. I run my server off my E:/ drive not the standard default of C:/, so I have to change the directory where Razor or CUO looks for my client information.

On the Razor set up screen mine reads:

Load Client [E:\RUO7.0.5.0\client.exe] (this is my SVN client as I have several clients of differing patchs)
Patch Client Encryption [checked marked]
UO Data Directory [E:\RUO7.0.5.0]
Server Data: 127.0.0.1 Port: 2593
Launguage [ ENU]

I'm behind a Lynksys router and my server is on my laptop... no wired connection to the internet. I've not had to open ports or mess with my router settings at all to log onto my SVN server. I've not only been able to run my own SVN server BUT I can also play on another free shard at the same time :) The biggest problem I've had is getting Razor to duel client (givse a msg of "Are you SURE you want to run two copies of Razor at the same time?" :p I just say YES and off I go. So the biggest mistake is in NOT routing CUO or Razor to where YOUR SVN server and client are stored on your PC, and in NOT starting your server prior to trying to use Razor or CUO to connect. To connect to the server the server MUST be running!

I keep my UO server client inside of my server folder so they are together. I have over 7 different UO clients at varying patchs on my laptop. Most I've renamed by the client patch number as you can tell by my server patch of 7.0.5.0. In making sure that I know where and which client I need to use at any given time. Made it a lot easier for me :) Anyway, I hope this will help you out. Good luck with your server.

Blessed be,

Lady Aradea