RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I love my school

Joeku

Lord
WarAngel;709066 said:
I still try to advocate freedom of religion whenever I can muster up the strength to, but goddamnit do I hate religion. Not even religion, just the moralistic bullshit it spawns. Fuck, it annoys me more than anything.
That's where skepticism comes in, instead of taking the generalized interpretation that is fed to you from the hand of someone - pastor, rabbi, priest...
Anti-Basic;709067 said:
I'm for gay marriage but against divorce (of both genders). Does that make me a political anomaly?
I'm for divorce under certain circumstances... (abusive relationships)

Joeku;709069 said:
That's where skepticism comes in, instead of taking the generalized interpretation that is fed to you from the hand of someone - pastor, rabbi, priest...

Well yeah, I can see that.

But I can think of better ways to solve most marital problems except for wifebeating that dont involve breaking a lifetime promise to another person.

WarAngel

Wanderer
Joeku;709069 said:

It bothers me that there are institutions who spend most of their time influencing morality, and then claim that morality could not exist without them.

I'm for divorce 100%. It's none of my business who people are and aren't dedicated to.

But I can think of better ways to solve most marital problems except for wifebeating that dont involve breaking a lifetime promise to another person.

lol. Are you seriously anti-divorce?

Joeku

Lord
WarAngel;709071 said:
I'm for divorce 100%. It's none of my business who people are and aren't dedicated to.
I meant morally, not legally. Just like I'm not for abortion at all.
My legal opinion, however, is that people should be able to divorce and/or abort as they choose.

Admin God

Wanderer
My view is marriage should be re-evaluated. Marriage should be no different than civil union on paper. Marriage should be redefined though as a religious term. Most people would declare civil unions then. At least that works in my head.

in most bullshit cases, yes. People get divorced for the stupidest reasons. (altho alot of that may stem from the fact that most people get married for the stupidest reasons also ahem)

The majority of marital problems can be worked out without divorce, people are just too lazy to try and work on them. It's sad in a way.

Maybe I'm old fashioned or something, but I just think if you make a commitment or promise to someone, you should honor it to the best of your ability. And people just aren't doing that anymore.

Also an interesting sidenote on your religion preaching morality stuff... look up the Barna Group test results on religion and divorce rate... atheists have the lowest... the more conservative sects of christianity have the highest..its pretty funny, considering theyd like you to belive the opposite.

EDIT: is this a serious post...by me.. tonight? what the fuck.

WarAngel

Wanderer
I don't think the government has any business taking religious institutions under its wing and then defining who is good enough to take part in that institution based on rules set by the religion.

Joeku

Lord
Anti-Basic;709076 said:
Maybe I'm old fashioned or something, but I just think if you make a commitment or promise to someone, you should honor it to the best of your ability. And people just aren't doing that anymore.
Correction:
People are moronic and don't know wtf they are getting into when they marry someone. Or they think they are in "love" and they really aren't, they're in what Hollywood and modern society would define as "love" - emotional lust.

I think that gay marriage should be determined by the pastor/rabbi/whoever. If he/she wants to marry a gay couple, then he/she can. Otherwise, he/she shouldn't be forced to by the government. To settle the peace, I believe that civil unions should be given the same legal benefits as marriage... then again, that would lead to a lot of scamming/cheating. I don't know, I've only dipped my toes into the surface of the whole situation...

WarAngel

Wanderer
Anti-Basic;709076 said:
in most bullshit cases, yes. People get divorced for the stupidest reasons. (altho alot of that may stem from the fact that most people get married for the stupidest reasons also ahem)

The majority of marital problems can be worked out without divorce, people are just too lazy to try and work on them. It's sad in a way.

Also an interesting sidenote on your religion preaching morality stuff... look up the Barna Group test results on religion and divorce rate... atheists have the lowest... the more conservative sects of christianity have the highest..its pretty funny, considering theyd like you to belive the opposite.

EDIT: is this a serious post...by me.. tonight? what the fuck.

It's not that people are too lazy, it's that they don't want to. They don't think that their marriage will end up working out. So what? Why should we be able to say "No. Go face your problems" if they don't feel like it.

Rosetta

Wanderer
Kishikowa;708960 said:
learn something? i know it already, we are like 50 50, we get dna from our fathers and dna from our mothers which allows us to devlope. but apperently people like to jump the gun and think im dumb. well ill asure you im not.

I never once thought you were dumb nor did I say it.

Admin God;709074 said:
no one picked up my lewd joke..

It's an oldie but a goodie =].
-------------------------
One major question to everyone talking about marriage, any of you actually married?

bzk90

Lord
WarAngel;709080 said:
I don't think the government has any business taking religious institutions under its wing and then defining who is good enough to take part in that institution based on rules set by the religion.

I agree...