RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Need help me or my freiends cant log into my shard...

tttking

Wanderer
I Need help me or my freiends cant log into my shard...

idk what to do i triend everything i just cant log into my shard...:confused::confused::mad: plz somone i really need help ive been tring to work on it all week

greywolf79

Sorceror
When the shard is running it should show you info about the ip and stuff when it compiles, what does it say? Is there a router involved? It helps to have a copy of the screen info for the shard when it compiles and loads.

GreyWolf.

tttking

Wanderer
well idk how to do that im new to this stuff
it says like
ip logging in
then dissconnecting
then before i even log in i get dissconnected

Bleach

Knight
You didn't try everything.
Use the Search buttton. The FAQ forum can help, too.

Stop looking for an easy answer, or for somebody to do it for you. It's fucking pathetic.

Vorspire

Knight
First thing you should do is POST IN THE CORRECT FORUM or stand-by for a major flaming party to wander through and gank yer ass.

Bleach

Knight
Maybe you should wait longer than 18 minutes.
This isn' a premium service, nobody is going to drop everything and suck you dick just because you want your own play-thing that you can tile dragons and kill them all at once.

If you want THAT kind of service, send me $60 and I'll fix it. Otherwise, shut the fuck up, and fix it yourself.

greywolf79

Sorceror
Bleach;769070 said:
Maybe you should wait longer than 18 minutes.
This isn' a premium service, nobody is going to drop everything and suck you dick just because you want your own play-thing that you can tile dragons and kill them all at once.

If you want THAT kind of service, send me $60 and I'll fix it. Otherwise, shut the fuck up, and fix it yourself.

I would just like to ask a favor... Please refrain from such harsh flaming when the person is obvious new to everything here and is having a language barrier. I mean it is totally not needed. Everyone starts off new and if they are all treated this way (which I have been noticing more and more) then they will stop coming in and contributing because they will not be learning and so this community will grow stagnate and die... I for one would rather teach someone and have them become a contributor. Not intending this to flame a flamer, just hoping to bring some light into the darkness type thing.

If you take a look he did make a new thread in the correct area, he just seems to not see that this is a totally different area. (probably because he made the new thread and then someone posted here, which can confuse some people as to which one they are posting in and which they are supposed to be posting in).

GreyWolf.

greywolf79

Sorceror
Vorspire;769105 said:
You are right GreyWolf, but there is blatantly a "New Join" forum here on the front page.

I do not argue this point, and agree. I am just saying his choice of language in dealing with it was over the top and beyond what is needed, and could potentially damage the community. I like this forum and the RunUO team and what they do... I do not want to see the new people stop coming all together and see people stop posting (because even older posters like us can be turned away by this treatment). I am just saying perhaps instead of the way he vulgarly and obscenely did it, perhaps he could have been a little more understanding and directed the member to where they should be... I mean it is obvious the member does not speak english very well (or their translator does not either) and that they are new to scripting. I am just trying to make it understood that it can come back to bite us all in the perverbial ass.

GreyWolf.

Bleach

Knight
greywolf79;769100 said:
I would just like to ask a favor... Please refrain from such harsh flaming when the person is obvious new to everything here and is having a language barrier. I mean it is totally not needed. Everyone starts off new and if they are all treated this way (which I have been noticing more and more) then they will stop coming in and contributing because they will not be learning and so this community will grow stagnate and die... I for one would rather teach someone and have them become a contributor. Not intending this to flame a flamer, just hoping to bring some light into the darkness type thing.

If you take a look he did make a new thread in the correct area, he just seems to not see that this is a totally different area. (probably because he made the new thread and then someone posted here, which can confuse some people as to which one they are posting in and which they are supposed to be posting in).

GreyWolf.
The Starbucks community is nonesense, and a lot of people here are pricks.
If he found Starbucks, he's obviously read our posts, and therefore knew what he was getting himself into.

Regardless of being new or not, he did post in the correct portion of the forum, and then continued to bitch here about nobody helping him, on top of still not providing any information other than "Its not working".

I don't know about you, but I don't think anyone who can't help themselves to find a tiny fix deserves my help in Starbucks.
If that makes me a prick, then so be it, but I'm entitled to do so just as much as anyone else, and I refuse to change it.

I did read Jeff's announcement, and I won't be an absoulte dick-head in the support forums. (Although, I don't post there, either.)

Kitchen_

Sorceror
Bleach;769141 said:
The Starbucks community is nonesense, and a lot of people here are pricks.
If he found Starbucks, he's obviously read our posts, and therefore knew what he was getting himself into.

1. Just because it's Starbucks it doesn't mean you have to be a prick just because you can.

2. Just because he's found Starbucks, it doesn't mean he's read your posts. If he did read your post, do you think he'd post here and ask for help?

daat99

Staff member
Kitchen_;769151 said:
Just because he's found Starbucks, it doesn't mean he's read your posts. If he did read your post, do you think he'd post here and ask for help?

If he didn't even bother to read a single post then he just screams "give me a working shard with...."

Not to mention that he didn't read the rules and broke a few (on the moderated part of the forum)...

For now everything in this thread seems "within reason" to me, don't let it get too far though.

Vorspire

Knight
daat99;769197 said:
If he didn't even bother to read a single post then he just screams "give me a working shard with...."

Not to mention that he didn't read the rules and broke a few (on the moderated part of the forum)...

For now everything in this thread seems "within reason" to me, don't let it get too far though.

Agreed 100%

The stupid this is (also) that he didn't even look at my answer to his problem, which is most likely what he needs... But I tried... *sigh*

I also love how he tried to neg-rep me lol.