RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I spoke with god...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeku

Lord
Matthew 5:39
But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Luke 6:29
If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic.
extrachars

Courageous

Wanderer
Matthew 5:39
But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Luke 6:29
If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic.

The problem with mentioned ideas, is that in any human population, there is always a certain portion of sociopaths. When I say "sociopath," I am referring to people that have no moral compunctions; these are people who make their day-to-day decisions based on risk-versus-reward. Any system that does not take this into account is a perfect system for a sociopath.

C//

WarAngel

Wanderer
Did God look like this?

Slayer706

Sorceror
The problem with mentioned ideas, is that in any human population, there is always a certain portion of sociopaths. When I say "sociopath," I am referring to people that have no moral compunctions; these are people who make their day-to-day decisions based on risk-versus-reward.
The current ratio is one out of every one-hundred people on Earth are sociopaths I believe.
I am probably one, but I never went out and got that test done. Not that I care enough to anyway.

MarciXs

Sorceror
Even if you spoke , look One god is only in Christian and other new religies. Check out old ones(ancient , like Egypt etc..) They don't have one god. Also a Question. If you really heard a god, can you say me how he knows English language?

bzk90

Lord
how is hating mexico and illegal immigrants a dumb redneck response...

I don't hate mexica but I can't stand illegals...thats why I avoid walmart.

WarAngel

Wanderer
Every redneck I know defaults to something about the illegals when it comes to every issue, whether it's the war, the economy, terrorism, etc.

Slayer706

Sorceror
Well I qualify as a redneck, and I don't fallback on the illegal immigrant issue when something isn't going good for me.

Deny my redneck status? I live in Georgia and one of my favorite hobbies is sitting on my front porch shooting rats with pellet guns. I rest my case.

WarAngel

Wanderer
Slayer706 said:
Well I qualify as a redneck, and I don't fallback on the illegal immigrant issue when something isn't going good for me.

Deny my redneck status? I live in Georgia and one of my favorite hobbies is sitting on my front porch shooting rats with pellet guns. I rest my case.

All you had to say is that you live in Georgia and you were in. :D

llessur1

Wanderer
God

hey man i beleve you god got me clean from dope it was him i prayed to and he answerd me i no because i was realy bad into dope thank you god for saving me

kellsar

Wanderer
GOD? who is that?

i think, if you look at the whole 'god' issue, it just boils down to me on my UO server :cool:

bzk90

Lord
llessur1 said:
hey man i beleve you god got me clean from dope it was him i prayed to and he answerd me i no because i was realy bad into dope thank you god for saving me

If "God" wanted to save you he would have prevented you from using dope in the first place...or did he let you do drugs and lose brain cells just to make himself look good when he cured you

@format
Right again :)

WarAngel

Wanderer
bzk said:
If "God" wanted to save you he would have prevented you from using dope in the first place...or did he let you do drugs and lose brain cells just to make himself look good when he cured you

Like I keep saying: if you don't understand the religions you continually bash, don't post about them. It's not making you look intellectual to be able to "disprove" God or anything, especially when you miss some of the major points such as this one.

Answer:
Free will.

Status
Not open for further replies.