RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you could change the world...

Joeku

Lord
I'd tell everyone about Jesus so the Rapture would happen and I can go to heaven :D

(That's how the prophecy goes anyway...)

mordero

Knight
Ki Frost;643795 said:
First (you will think I am a very cruel\mean person for this but... fuck you) I would kill the mental\physicaly disabled people...
By that I mean if you cant move, feed yourself, or talk, you are worthless to this world and have no purpose here...

And then you have the slippery slide of someone claiming that, well you have a broken leg, no point in you being around and kill you. Or someone saying, you can only work half the speed as that person and kills you. From an economics point of view, yeah that would free of resources, but at what costs to the families that loved those people? You'd cause more problems than fix and in the process murder thousands upon thousands of people that have no way to defend themselves.

Ki Frost

Sorceror
I know they have worth to others, I have friends who have downsyndrome...

They mean alot to me...

My grandpa, before he past away, was in a veg state, I thought that if he died he would be better off... if he lived he would just have to go through more poking and proding and people parading by him... I was 13 then and still stick with my decision... I was somewhat relived when he passed, but of course I was sad he was gone, because I couldn't see him anymore...

mordero

Knight
Joeku;643815 said:
I'd tell everyone about Jesus so the Rapture would happen and I can go to heaven :D

(That's how the prophecy goes anyway...)

ummm what? Where does it say that if you tell everyone about Him, it would happen?

WarAngel

Wanderer
I agree that I think many people in a vegetative state would rather just die than remain that way. I know I would, which is one of the reasons why I have a living will. I don't think it's anyone's right to decide who should die (or who should live; I'm a big proponent of a person's right to die if they so choose) besides that person themselves. Simply because they do not have as much "worth" or manpower as another human doesn't mean we should kill them.

Ki Frost

Sorceror
true, but in a way, sadly, if we keep everything\everyone we love, we wont have a place to keep them, and we will be forced to kill\destroy them... end it faster to hold it off longer...

Oh and another thing... I premit only 2, live, births per person. It may still be kinda hard to controll popultaion but this way you dont have people with 6, 7, and 8 kids running around... thats just plain dumb and rediculous...

//edit//

AND YOU HAVE TO KEEP THEM! If you dont want kids, get neudered(sp) or dont screw...

Malaperth

Wanderer
Ki Frost;643795 said:
didnt bother to read all the posts on here so forgive me if my 'point-of-view' has already been stated...

First (you will think I am a very cruel\mean person for this but... fuck you) I would kill the mental\physicaly disabled people...
By that I mean if you cant move, feed yourself, or talk, you are worthless to this world and have no purpose here...
This would free up *some* space and give more food to people (i dont think it would be a whole lot though).

Secondly... I would start the destruction of towns (RECYCLE THE SHIT DONT PUT IT IN A DUMP!) and start building down (underground for the dumb people) and let mother nature take back over those areas, would fix some of the ozone and stuff.

Then I would have to see how it was going (10-15 years) to be able to make the next step...

This is MY opinion, if you don't like it, I don't care, im just that way

Steven Hawking cannot feed himself...

WarAngel

Wanderer
I think this whole system is a bit ridiculous and based on problems that aren't really even problems. We are living in the United States, not the islands of Japan. Overpopulation is not a serious problem at this point, no matter what anyone tries to tell you. Just look at the sheer amount of vast, empty space found in the continental United States for proof. :)

Malaperth

Wanderer
WarAngel;643831 said:
I think this whole system is a bit ridiculous and based on problems that aren't really even problems. We are living in the United States, not the islands of Japan. Overpopulation is not a serious problem at this point, no matter what anyone tries to tell you. Just look at the sheer amount of vast, empty space found in the continental United States for proof. :)

Depends on your definition of "serious problem".

Joeku

Lord
mordero;643824 said:
ummm what? Where does it say that if you tell everyone about Him, it would happen?
Ugh.

It's somewhere in there.

I'm going to be completely honest with you, I don't feel like finding it right now :p

Joeku

Lord
Ki Frost;643795 said:
didnt bother to read all the posts on here so forgive me if my 'point-of-view' has already been stated...

This would free up *some* space and give more food to people (i dont think it would be a whole lot though).

Secondly... I would start the destruction of towns (RECYCLE THE SHIT DONT PUT IT IN A DUMP!) and start building down (underground for the dumb people) and let mother nature take back over those areas, would fix some of the ozone and stuff.

Then I would have to see how it was going (10-15 years) to be able to make the next step...

This is MY opinion, if you don't like it, I don't care, im just that way
I watched a TV show...
A mute quadriplegic(sp?) was given some newly developed technology - the ability to control a curser on a computer via brainwaves.

It took a lot of practice, and a long time to become efficient at it, but he now lives at least a semi-normal life. He can send emails to his family, he can watch TV, and even play some games.

My point is, they're not just brain-dead - they have their opinions too and they're not just "there". You can't discount them because they can't communicate.

Unfortunately, that technology is extremely rare and expensive - we couldn't afford to make it for every disabled person out there.

Yes I think you're cruel. :/

mordero

Knight
Joeku;643835 said:
Ugh.

It's somewhere in there.

I'm going to be completely honest with you, I don't feel like finding it right now :p

lol ok, well im pretty sure that even if everyone knew, that the day and time of His return would not be known.

WarAngel;643837 said:
Hahahahah, have you seen the Family Guy episode where Brian goes back to college? So fucking amazing. Steven Hawking having sex. Hahahahah.

YouTube - Stephen Hawking Family Guy - Brian Goes Back To College

lol yeah, that part is hilarious

Ki Frost

Sorceror
Joeku;643841 said:
I watched a TV show...
A mute quadriplegic(sp?) was given some newly developed technology - the ability to control a curser on a computer via brainwaves.

It took a lot of practice, and a long time to become efficient at it, but he now lives at least a semi-normal life. He can send emails to his family, he can watch TV, and even play some games.

My point is, they're not just brain-dead - they have their opinions too and they're not just "there". You can't discount them because they can't communicate.

Unfortunately, that technology is extremely rare and expensive - we couldn't afford to make it for every disabled person out there.

Yes I think you're cruel. :/
Thats why I dont post :), my views may be awkward and people get one impression about me, but in actuality, I am one of the most nicest people you will meet... unless you piss me off then you better hide... I seem to black out when I get really really mad and bad things happen ><

FireSoul

Wanderer
Malaperth;643830 said:
Steven Hawking cannot feed himself...

Very good point. A brilliant human being, and an invaluable member of the scientific community.

Besides I'd feel personally deprived without his books :p

if i could change the world in all honesty. i wouldnt, the world is how i see it how it will be no matter what one does. no psychic anomoly will change it, no wish nothing. it will always go back to how its ment to be destiny if you will. by changing the world to be how you want it. your in essence changing humans rights to free will. and youd have to make it so you controlled the world, else the world would change and someone would assassinate ya.

because all it takes is one human mind with the power of persuasion to make an army of believers (see charles mansion) he made ppl believe whats stopping your "perfect world" from haveing a charles mansion ( i realize im spelling his last name wrong maybe if so idc if not cool)

so to finish my post off itd take a pretty selfish person to change the world to be in their image.

even if i was crippled couldnt talk hear or see. thats who i am and i wouldnt change the world so itd have the ability to fix me

END

TMSTKSBK

Lord
My original reply was also serious. I'm sure AB and I would be at odds over WHICH half of the population to kill off, but really if it were up to me, and there wasn't any sin involved in killing off half the population of the world...well...it'd be a lot calmer.

(reminds me of an anime - "Death Note"...s'interesting but off-topic)