RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you could change the world...

Malaperth

Wanderer
FireSoul;645042 said:
I understand what you're saying (and don't disagree) but I don't think that it is the same thing. To call a Judge an idiot in their courtroom would be more equal to your child calling you an idiot in your home. It's unlikely either of those events would go *unpunished* :D

Because the issue is not freedom of speech, the issue is one of respect.

A judge that gives a man that molested an 8 year old child for 3 years repeatedly ONLY probation does not deserve respect...

FireSoul

Wanderer
Malaperth;645050 said:
A judge that gives a man that molested an 8 year old child for 3 years repeatedly ONLY probation does not deserve respect...

I agree. But again, two different issues. One is respect for the station, and the other is respect for the person.

Malaperth

Wanderer
I don't believe stations should deserve respect. In my mind, respect must be earned, period. But, then again, people completely freak out sometimes when I give my opinion of the US Flag. I appreciate the symbolism, but to me it is cloth, and I know very many people that salute the flag, but have no respect for the country, let alone any office related to it.

FireSoul

Wanderer
Anti-Basic;645064 said:
uhh that judge deserves alot less than not getting your respect, he deserves to be executed.

The person yes, at the very least he should have his conduct investigated.

FireSoul

Wanderer
Malaperth;645070 said:
I would prefer a more direct method. Bullet to the head, for example...

I'm sitting here enjoying my pizza for breakfast (well, brunch really) and pondering your statement. While I certainly don't agree with this Judge's decision, I'd be unlikely to shoot him for it. I would however definately look into his history on the bench, all the other rulings he's made and try to determine if this is a pattern or not. I'd question him to understand why he ruled on this case the way he did. I'm having a hard time with it because I don't have all the facts. Just enough that any reaction I'm having is purely emotional (and therefore suspect).

Malaperth

Wanderer
The judge answered your question with "I believe that rehabilitation would be more effective than prison"... And, no, I would not shoot him either, but thinking about it is still legal for the moment... :D

FireSoul

Wanderer
Malaperth;645082 said:
The judge answered your question with "I believe that rehabilitation would be more effective than prison"... And, no, I would not shoot him either, but thinking about it is still legal for the moment... :D

Hmm, that's rather extreme ignorance on the part of the Judge. It has been pretty much established in the Psychiatric community that pedophilia is not curable and treatment is rarely effective. Even chemical castration is not much of a deterrent.

FireSoul

Wanderer
Malaperth;645103 said:
Well, I was talking about the judge, but yeah, I would probably choose the death penalty for the pedophile also.

hmmm, I should likely just back slowly away from any death penalty talk, I'm VERY conflicted on it. On the one hand, there are criminals who either by their own history, or whatever is wrong with them have an extremely high (almost guaranteed) rate of recidivism. It's difficult for me to condone the expense, and resources necessary to imprison them for life. And on the other hand, who am I to determine who lives...and who dies?

yeah both the judge and pedofuck need to be burned alive. Then when they beg you to put out the flames, wait till their already almost dead, and theres no curing the burns, they're already gonna die, take a piss on them and say here ya go.

FireSoul

Wanderer
Anti-Basic;645114 said:
yeah both the judge and pedofuck need to be burned alive. Then when they beg you to put out the flames, wait till their already almost dead, and theres no curing the burns, they're already gonna die, take a piss on them and say here ya go.

Awwwww, trust our AB to reduce it all down to its most simple components :D

Malaperth

Wanderer
Crude, but to the point. I don't believe I have the "right" to decide who lives and who dies either, but something has to be done because the current 'deterrant' system is not working.

FireSoul

Wanderer
Malaperth;645122 said:
Crude, but to the point. I don't believe I have the "right" to decide who lives and who dies either, but something has to be done because the current 'deterrant' system is not working.

Hence my internal conflict on the subject.